View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Boulware: A Big Daddy Type of Deal? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Boulware: A Big Daddy Type of Deal?
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/8464062

Peter Boulware has had some injury concerns and he is more of an OLB in the 3-4, but he does bring heat off the edge. Might be worth a look.

May 11th, 2005, 9:14 pm
Stadium Announcer

Boulware might be a player to look at. Question is: how healthy is he and how long will he be healthy? The other consideration is how much will it take?

He had some very good years but where are his skills now?

If Millen thought Boulware could be an asset and he had the cap room he would invite him in for a visit.

Personally I think Pete is past his prime and if the Lions want him it should be at a minimum.

May 11th, 2005, 11:36 pm
National Champion

Post Re: Boulware: A Big Daddy Type of Deal?
Yorick wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/8464062

Peter Boulware has had some injury concerns and he is more of an OLB in the 3-4, but he does bring heat off the edge. Might be worth a look.

I know that this is a bit like putting the cart before the horse, but where would you put Boulware if he signed with the Lions? Weak? Strong? I really don't know much about him.

May 12th, 2005, 12:58 am
RIP Killer

He was released from Baltimore due to his $6M a season (for the next 4 years). I highly doubt we could afford him. That's a heatlhy number for an OLB when we have some very solid OLBs. Then again, if Bailey isn't healthy, he might be worth a look. I'm not down with picking up injured guys though.

May 12th, 2005, 7:32 am
RIP Killer

Boulware is big enough to play defensive end (6'4", 265 lbs.) but the question is does he still have the ability to be effective. The Lions have a young edge rusher with injury problems (Edwards), we don't need an old one as well.

May 12th, 2005, 9:10 am
Towel Boy

I agree that he may be worth a look but not at the price he is asking. His agent is saying that he still expects to be paid what he was scheduled to make in Baltimore. Perhaps the Lions could bring him in for the minimum with some incentives or back-load the contract. But there is no way I would pay him $6 million with his injury history.

May 12th, 2005, 11:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

I agree that he may be worth a look but not at the price he is asking. His agent is saying that he still expects to be paid what he was scheduled to make in Baltimore. Perhaps the Lions could bring him in for the minimum with some incentives or back-load the contract. But there is no way I would pay him $6 million with his injury history.

Firstly JMRose, Welcome to Lionbacker. Glad to have you here!

I agree wit you he may be worth a look. But if his agent thinks he's going to get anywhere near $6 Mil in Detroit then he may just as well stay home.

This team has made a commitment to young, fast, healthy players - Boulware is none of the above anymore.

Again, welcome.

May 12th, 2005, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]