View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Predictions: Panthers at Lions 

Who will win?
Lions 75%  75%  [ 21 ]
Panthers 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Too close to call 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28

Predictions: Panthers at Lions 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Predictions: Panthers at Lions
After Sunday's debacle, I'm hoping that the Lions can bounce back. I'm confident that the defense will play well against Carolina, but will the offense and special teams? With that said:

LIONS 20 PANTHERS 13

November 15th, 2011, 12:25 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Predictions: Panthers at Lions
Lions bounce back!

Lions- 31
Panthers- 17

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 15th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I'm not going to jump on the "We'll be mad because we sucked therefore we'll win" bandwagon that will probably ensue in this thread. I don't believe in that from game to game.

I do know that the Lions have got to be looking at their upcoming schedule and realize that the truly winnable games are few and far between. This is one of them. They haven't been playing down to the competition which is a good sign for this week.

Detroit 26

Carolina 17

November 15th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Pop Warner Vet

I'm very excited! This weekend I am flying up from Florida for UM vs. Nebraska game, then I will be at Ford Field for the Carolina game! I hope the guys can shrug off the Chicago game where we beat ourselves and go into the Carolina game hungry. I believe someone stated this before but if we don't beat Carolina it doesn't look likely we'll make the play offs - this doesn't necessarily break my heart but I am expecting this team to play balls to the wall for the rest of the season and fight tooth and nail for that wildcard spot. We need some positive momentum going into Thanksgiving because it doesn't look like there is much keeping GB from going undefeated!

Go Lions!
Lions 28
Panthers 21

November 15th, 2011, 1:32 pm
Varsity 1st Team

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
I'm very excited! This weekend I am flying up from Florida for UM vs. Nebraska game, then I will be at Ford Field for the Carolina game! I hope the guys can shrug off the Chicago game where we beat ourselves and go into the Carolina game hungry. I believe someone stated this before but if we don't beat Carolina it doesn't look likely we'll make the play offs - this doesn't necessarily break my heart but I am expecting this team to play balls to the wall for the rest of the season and fight tooth and nail for that wildcard spot. We need some positive momentum going into Thanksgiving because it doesn't look like there is much keeping GB from going undefeated!

Go Lions!
Lions 28
Panthers 21

Fight for a wild card???? I'm still drinking the Kool-aid....Detroit beats GB and Chicago Beats GB setting up GB in first place with detroit 1 game back at week 17, Then we go to GB and get rid of that demon. Then we draw chicago in the 1st round of the playoffs at Ford Field and crush them.

Gulp, Gulp. Need lots-o-kool-aid to wash down this corn bread.

A group of us from work will be at the gaem this weekend......Anyone else from the baord???

Frok

November 15th, 2011, 3:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think we'll win but make it way harder than it has to be.

27-14. Two Cam Newton TD runs

November 15th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The Panthers defense is horrible. Stafford should be relatively well-protected and Calvin should score twice. While the Lions' offense has been disappointing of late, the defense has played pretty well. Assuming the defense continues to play well and assuming the Lions can exploit the Panthers' defense, this one should be a victory.

Carolina has big-play potential on offense either running or passing. If they grind it out with Jonathan Stewart I could see them keeping the game close, within one score. If they try to win with the pass, I think the Lions win by two or more scores. Either way, I think the Lions win the game.

November 15th, 2011, 3:50 pm
RIP Killer

Carolina's run game has been absolutely horrible for weeks. Pressure Cam so he can't hit Smith deep and it'll be an easy W. Greg Olsen isn't much to worry about, he has worse dropsies than Pettigrew.

November 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Is anyone starting DET's defense in FF this week?

November 15th, 2011, 6:26 pm

conversion02 wrote:
Carolina's run game has been absolutely horrible for weeks. Pressure Cam so he can't hit Smith deep and it'll be an easy W. Greg Olsen isn't much to worry about, he has worse dropsies than Pettigrew.

Ya, they actually remind me alot of Denver but better

November 15th, 2011, 6:27 pm
RIP Killer

Carolina is a strange team, and tough to gauge. They have played tough against New Orleans and Green Bay. But they basically dumped on the bed against Tennessee, who hasn't been playing too well this season. So...which team shows up at Ford Field on Sunday?

I think the Lions are sick of losing, particularly at home, and win this game...as they should. Carolina is beset by injuries at linebacker and on their offensive line. Look for Avril and Willie Young to do well. The Lions can run on this team, and hopefully Linehan game plans to do just that and give Stafford a break.

Stopping Cam Newton will be the biggest task the defense has. Keep him pinned in and force him to win with his arm. If the Lions can do that, they'll take this game easy.

November 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm
Varsity Captain

The Panthers can run with two different RBs, and a QB that scrambles like mad.

The Lions can't stop the run, nor can they run themselves. Sustaining drives is huge. Panthers can do just that.

Plus it's on turf. I wonder how fast Cam will be.

Close game that could go either way imo. Too close to call I voted.

I honestly think you guys have a better chance to bear the Packers next Thursday than the Panthers this Sunday.

November 16th, 2011, 7:08 pm
RIP Killer

The panthers run game has been garbage for weeks and their OL has stunk. Where have you been?

Matt Forte - 18 rushes, 64 yards allowed. I think that's sufficiently stopping the run. As well, Marion Barber didn't do squat.

As well, they shut down Moreno and Teblow outside of some Teblow scrambles for about 50 yards in garbage time when the Lions were in the prevent and up by 40 points.

The run defense has improved greatly over the past few weeks. Shows that you don't watch Lions games.

November 16th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Varsity Captain

conversion02 wrote:
The panthers run game has been garbage for weeks and their OL has stunk. Where have you been?

Matt Forte - 18 rushes, 64 yards allowed. I think that's sufficiently stopping the run. As well, Marion Barber didn't do squat.

As well, they shut down Moreno and Teblow outside of some Teblow scrambles for about 50 yards in garbage time when the Lions were in the prevent and up by 40 points.

The run defense has improved greatly over the past few weeks. Shows that you don't watch Lions games.

Of course I don't. I meerly remember the 49ers/Lions game. Then I vaguely remember someone on this board saying the Falcons did the same thing the 49ers did.

You guys shut down the Broncos? 30 rushes for 195 yards, 6.5 yards per carry. Had to look that up.

You guys shut down Forte? That's good. Didn't you guys have 2 weeks to prepare for that game though?

2 weeks a rushing defense does not make. I'm not convinced. And by my count.... it's not 2, it's 1.

Not saying it can't be done. But given the circumstances, I wouldn't be looking at this game as an easy win.

Last edited by 49ers on November 18th, 2011, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Walk On

I love the Lions against the Panthers. Just stop Steve Smith from getting behind the DBs.

I'm starting Morris this week in FF, and expect big numbers.

November 16th, 2011, 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next