View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Predictions: Panthers at Lions 

Who will win?
Lions 75%  75%  [ 21 ]
Panthers 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Too close to call 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28

Predictions: Panthers at Lions 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Predictions: Panthers at Lions
It's definitely a must-win game. The Oakland, San Diego, and Minnesota games are also must-win now. They might also need to steal one from Green Bay (2x) and New Orleans.

November 17th, 2011, 1:43 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Growler wrote:
It's definitely a must-win game. The Oakland, San Diego, and Minnesota games are also must-win now. They might also need to steal one from Green Bay (2x) and New Orleans.

Agree, but we just got to talk it one game at a time.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 17th, 2011, 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The Panthers have a weak defense. They can generate some pressure from the DEs Johnson and Hardy but often bring the blitz from OLB or S to get to the QB. DE Hardy is susceptible to run plays off tackle so look for us to run to his side, the DTs inside McClain and Fua are somewhat undersized and dont make many plays. Beyond the starters there is virtually no depth on the DL and they can easily be worn down. A 3 yards and a cloud of dust attack can be very effective against the Panthers but we dont have the right personnel to exploit that. Still I expect us to go for close to 120 yards on the ground bw Smith and Morris. If they ve watched much tape on us they know that Stafford is feeling the pressure so expect Carolina to blitz early and often which means Stafford will have to hit on hot routes, Gamble is a big good corner that matches up fairly well with Johnson but the rest of their secondary is not impressive so there is no reason to force things to Calvin like we did last week. Munnerlyn the other starting corner should have his hands full with Burleson and Young and if for some reason Gamble comes out of the game they are in trouble. Safety Sherrod Martin is decent and Darius Butler is an okay nickel corner. Still when matched up against 4 wr sets Carolina lines up far off the ball and Staffords arm should be able to exploit that kind of space. James Anderson is a decent and active OLB but Dan Connor and Omar Gaither are mediocre. Pettigrew should have a field day and if Scheffler can keep focused and catch the ball he should see a score. There wont be much pressure this week and I expect Stafford to have a big game bc we re not all that great at running it.

Offensively the Panthers make up for a weak offensive line with strong RB play and a mobile QB. They like to move the pocket in the passgame and give Newton a pass/run option though he s always a threat to run. We ve had success using Tulloch as a spy on mobile QBs and we should see that at times this week esp on 3rd downs. Despite there well above average personnel at RB they struggle to get the run game going bc the offensive line isnt particularly good and mix in some option looks. Steve Smith is a true game breaker at WR and they will take shots down the field with him as well as get him the ball on receiver screens. He has some big time speed and I think we will match up with Chris Houston to match the speed component though Eric Wright is also capable of covering him. Jeremy Shockey will be out so expect little of the 2 te sets in this game, Greg Olsen is a capable receiver and should see a few targets as well. Overall our defense should have the advantage both in the run and pass games and Carolina will resort to the individual performance of their QB to keep them in the game, I expect a lot of broken plays in this game with newton trying to make plays with his legs. I think our DL would be smarter in this game to tone down the rush and just contain newton in the pocket and let Fairley/Suh/Williams rush from the interior. The only way I see them getting big plays is if Newton gets the edge on rollouts or in scramble situations. Newton will make mistakes and our secondary will continue to be opportunistic. I think we will see Louis Delmas and Spievey each with an INT in this game as Newton will throw across his body. The key to the game is patience, dont chase Newton - corner him instead and let him make mistakes.

Sp teams : pretty much even though with another backup punter going there is no telling what could happen. Their punter Baker is average, the punt returner Edwards is a former App St QB and teams have punted away from him but he doesnt seem all that dangerous from what I saw on tape. Olindo Mare has a range of about 50 yards but has been erratic missing two kicks inside of 40 yards. The Titans scored on a retrun last week so maybe Logan gets something going.

Predictions:

Lions 28
Panthers 20

November 20th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Hall of Fame Player

49ers wrote:
The Panthers can run with two different RBs, and a QB that scrambles like mad.

The Lions can't stop the run, nor can they run themselves. Sustaining drives is huge. Panthers can do just that.

Plus it's on turf. I wonder how fast Cam will be.

Close game that could go either way imo. Too close to call I voted.

I honestly think you guys have a better chance to bear the Packers next Thursday than the Panthers this Sunday.

Nice. The Fan of a team that came here several weeks ago with a bunch of others that were crying for respect for their team. And gives our Lions no respect.

November 22nd, 2011, 5:37 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
49ers wrote:
The Panthers can run with two different RBs, and a QB that scrambles like mad.

The Lions can't stop the run, nor can they run themselves. Sustaining drives is huge. Panthers can do just that.

Plus it's on turf. I wonder how fast Cam will be.

Close game that could go either way imo. Too close to call I voted.

I honestly think you guys have a better chance to bear the Packers next Thursday than the Panthers this Sunday.

Nice. The Fan of a team that came here several weeks ago with a bunch of others that were crying for respect for their team. And gives our Lions no respect.

Actually, he is giving us a better shot at beating the 10-0 Packers than the Panthers, that is respect IMO. He also said it was too close to call, not a Panthers blowout or even a Panthers win. He just felt Carolina's strength (running) played better against our weakness (stopping the run).

November 22nd, 2011, 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2