View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Will the Lions blow out the Panthers come Sunday 
Stadium Announcer

Post Will the Lions blow out the Panthers come Sunday
I am not that familiar with the Panthers team, will the Lions blow out this team like they did the Broncos or do you see this game close, your comments please.

November 15th, 2011, 10:57 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Will the Lions blow out the Panthers come Sunday
I dont think so, the Panthers match up well with us. They have a mobile QB who can make plays on the run though more likely to make mistakes than say Cutler - to some extent Newton will nullify our passrush and can actually use it to his advantage. He is significantly faster and more powerful than Tebow and even having Tulloch or Durant spy on him may not be enough. I would actually let up on the rush from the DEs at times have them keep contain and see what kind of pressure Suh and Fairley can get on pass downs. Carolina also has 2 talented runners in Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to go with the running threat of Newton. Steve Smith is a gamebreaker who can beat any corner in the league including Wright and Houston. Olsen and Shockey can be used to create matchup problems as well.

I dont know as much about their defense but w Stafford and the WRs struggling it doesnt really matter who we play. Chicago did something interesting defensively which was lining up Julius Peppers all over the DL - he especially got the best of Peterman when matched up inside as well - i wouldnt be surprised if he see other teams do this to us later in the season - although that game was unique in that they didnt have to respect the run bc of both the score and Best being out. I have a few Carolina games on DVR and if I have time Ill break them down and post what I think in more detail but I dont think it will be an easy win.

November 16th, 2011, 12:32 am
Stadium Announcer

The Legend wrote:
I dont think so, the Panthers match up well with us. They have a mobile QB who can make plays on the run though more likely to make mistakes than say Cutler - to some extent Newton will nullify our passrush and can actually use it to his advantage. He is significantly faster and more powerful than Tebow and even having Tulloch or Durant spy on him may not be enough. I would actually let up on the rush from the DEs at times have them keep contain and see what kind of pressure Suh and Fairley can get on pass downs. Carolina also has 2 talented runners in Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to go with the running threat of Newton. Steve Smith is a gamebreaker who can beat any corner in the league including Wright and Houston. Olsen and Shockey can be used to create matchup problems as well.

I dont know as much about their defense but w Stafford and the WRs struggling it doesnt really matter who we play. Chicago did something interesting defensively which was lining up Julius Peppers all over the DL - he especially got the best of Peterman when matched up inside as well - i wouldnt be surprised if he see other teams do this to us later in the season - although that game was unique in that they didnt have to respect the run bc of both the score and Best being out. I have a few Carolina games on DVR and if I have time Ill break them down and post what I think in more detail but I dont think it will be an easy win.

Thank You for this valuable information, I was leaning toward taking the pts anyway but you kind of confirmed what I was already thinking, thanks again

November 16th, 2011, 8:11 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
They won't blow them out but they will win. The Panthers are a good team and they been in a lot of games this year, the big one that came to mind was Packers. Had a chance to even win that game. I just hope Lions don't think this is a cake walk or it will look a lot like last Sunday.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]