View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 3:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Eagles cut Jarred Page 
All State

Post Eagles cut Jarred Page
Quote:
Eagles cut Jarrad Page
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Jarrad Page is out in Philadelphia.

Page, a safety who had played in six games this year and started five, was released by the Eagles today.

The timing of the announcement that Page is out is curious: It comes shortly after reports surfaced that he was one of several NFL players at a Manhattan night club where a man was shot and killed in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. None of the players has been accused of any wrongdoing in the shooting, but NFL teams often don’t take kindly to players who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, the Eagles say that’s not the reason Page was cut. Then again, if that were the reason Page was cut, it’s probably safe to say the Eagles wouldn’t admit it publicly.

With the roster spot vacated by Page, the Eagles have signed wide receiver Chad Hall from their practice squad. Putting Hall on the active roster is an indication that the Eagles are concerned about wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, who is dealing with hamstring and shoulder injuries.

[link]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/16/eagles-cut-jarrad-page/[/link]

So do the Lions claim the guy that cost them a draft pick from the "tampering charges" brought on by Gunther's little slip of the tongue?

Sounds like his play has dropped off a bit this year but I wouldn't say ANYTHING good is coming from the Eagle's Defense that has been run by a former OFFENSIVE LINE COACH. I think he would be another good reclamation project in line with how Chris Houston and Eric Wright have worked out so far in Detroit. Change of scenery, scheme, and confidence.

My only concern would be this purely speculative assumption by PFT that he had some role in this night club shooting in New York that had some Giants players present at the same club. The guy that was shot was 43 years old though. Doesn't exactly sound like someone that any of the players present would have been hanging around with as one of their "boys from back in the hood" unless he was mouthing off to a group of them and something escalated.

November 16th, 2011, 2:19 pm
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Eagles cut Jarred Page
I'm never opposed to kicking the tires and seeing what the guy has left in the tank. Not sure what his contract numbers are, but I'm sure that would be an issue to some degree.

November 16th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]