View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 12:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Stafford to wear the glove again this week... 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Killwill25 wrote:
@m2k, EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS FLAWS. Maybe the guy doesn't see us as an 8-8 team like you do. If you can't see why some of us thought that was a very entertaining game then I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

This team definitely has it's issues but there is more good than bad on this team. Maybe with a little more help in the run game we can better success earlier in games. But if you want to bitch about wins, it would be nice if you had actual ideas on how to improve rather than just complaints all the time.


I never said I predicted an 8-8 finish. Did I? If so, please show me where. What I DID say was that this team could still easily finish 8-8. And that could happen based on the inconsistencies in their performances. I don't expect the Lions to be perfect, or any individual on the team. But let's make something perfectly clear....this is the 3rd time this season the Lions have spotted not-so-good football teams 17 points or more in the first half. Yes, it is GREAT they were able to overcome the deficit and win those games. That's a huge improvement over years previous. However, it still does NOT change the fact that the team can't do that against the likes of Green Bay, New Orleans or San Diego.

And check my posts....I have given PLENTY of ideas about what I'd like to see the Lions do to change things, on BOTH sides of the ball. So in that regard, you need to do some fukkin' research on what I have to say in this forum before you open up your pie hole.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 21st, 2011, 10:17 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
LionFan57 wrote:

Ferris, do you believe in Santa Claus & the Tooth Fairy too?! Is your fantasy land drug induced or just the product of a team that's finally starting to look decent after 10 years of being the NFL's laughing stock?

Lighten up!!

I think everyone is happy that we're no longer the nations punch line and I'm confident everyone likes the direction Mayhew & Schwartz are taken the team. But M2K is right, we have a long way to go before we're a legit contender.

Maybe my expectations are higher than yours but 8-8 just doesn't cut it for me! That's NOT enough of an improvement over last years 6 wins!! It's just NOT! Especially after starting 5-0. Anything less than 9-7 is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. At this point, I want the Lions to win 10 games and make the play offs. I guarantee you Schwartz is not breaking his arm patting people on the back over this victory! He's already focused on Thursday's game and he wants the team focused on exactly that too.

We've had FAR to many years of losing and before that, a lifetime of mediocrity. Do you know how teams get to be mediocre? They START by being satisfied with beating up on a losing team. YOU go be happy and satified they won if you want! I choose to be appalled that they allowed a 2-8 team to score 35 points. The way you see the problem IS the problem!!

I want a Lions team that knows how to step on their opponents throat and choke the life out of them. I want to run up the score, take their home field advantage away and have our starters sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter.

As the saying goes, "Winners go home and F%*K the prom queen". Losers just suck on a$$holes and embarrass themselves in the process.


Bite me LF57. Carolina almost beat the packers in week 2 and are close to winning just about every game. You guys think we should of just walked over them, that's the fantasy land. Stafford is playing the best QB play we've ever seen in Detroit and you all are ready to bench him for the back up, thats fantasy land.

Sit behind your monitor and ask me if I'm on drugs ???? really an ahole move there bud. At least I posted something that was factual and was up for a debate without being childish or insulting.

Really nice way to shake a man's hand Harbaugh.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


November 21st, 2011, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
Ferris, do you believe in Santa Claus & the Tooth Fairy too?! Is your fantasy land drug induced or just the product of a team that's finally starting to look decent after 10 years of being the NFL's laughing stock?

Lighten up!!

I think everyone is happy that we're no longer the nations punch line and I'm confident everyone likes the direction Mayhew & Schwartz are taken the team. But M2K is right, we have a long way to go before we're a legit contender.

Maybe my expectations are higher than yours but 8-8 just doesn't cut it for me! That's NOT enough of an improvement over last years 6 wins!! It's just NOT! Especially after starting 5-0. Anything less than 9-7 is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. At this point, I want the Lions to win 10 games and make the play offs. I guarantee you Schwartz is not breaking his arm patting people on the back over this victory! He's already focused on Thursday's game and he wants the team focused on exactly that too.

We've had FAR to many years of losing and before that, a lifetime of mediocrity. Do you know how teams get to be mediocre? They START by being satisfied with beating up on a losing team. YOU go be happy and satified they won if you want! I choose to be appalled that they allowed a 2-8 team to score 35 points. The way you see the problem IS the problem!!

I want a Lions team that knows how to step on their opponents throat and choke the life out of them. I want to run up the score, take their home field advantage away and have our starters sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter.

LOL at you telling the optimist to lighten up. You can be appalled all you want by the Car performance, they almost beat the Packers and the Bears too and if you really thought we were gonna kill the panthers you damn sure did'nt say it.

@m2k, EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS FLAWS. Maybe the guy doesn't see us as an 8-8 team like you do. If you can't see why some of us thought that was a very entertaining game then I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

This team definetly has it's issues but there is more good than bad on this team. Maybe with a little more help in the run game we can better success earlier in games. But if you want to bitch about wins, it would be nice if you had actual ideas on how to improve rather than just complaints all the time.



1) Re: "You can be appalled all you want by the Car performance, they almost beat the Packers and the Bears too ..." This is exactly the nonsense that breeds and encourages mediocrity!! This is what I'm talking about. This is meaningless trivia that proves nothing yet makes naive fans feel good about beating a weak team. It doesn't promote forward progress and it contributes to lower expectations.

2) Re: "if you really thought we were gonna kill the panthers you damn sure did'nt say it. ". I'm sorry I didn't know I was supossed to interrupt my life to post everything I think or start a new thread with every whimsical thought about the Lions that enters my head. (like some people in the forum). I rarely post predictions anyway.

3) I don't think anyone doubts that there is more good than bad this year. I challenge you to find any post of mine that states otherwise. So to M2K's point; you may want to research / read more before you post.

4) (This is to Ferris as well) Since when is criticism always unconstructive? Are you both naive enough to think that after every win any NFL coach rests on their laurels and says to his staff "That's it! We've arrived fellas! We're as good as we're ever gonna get or need to be!" ??? Even Schwartz said after our first few wins that the winning is nice but there's more to do. (paraphrasing). And guess what? He was right! As evidenced by our losses, having to come from behind in several games, inconsistent play and a lack of a running game! (Please don't assume that the running game is here to stay just because of yesterdays game). (Oopps! There I go being negative again. Please don't call the attitude police). YET, there were still idiots that criticized Schwartz for pointing out that there was still work to be done!!


There's a lot to be happy and excited about this season; but this team is NOT yet a contender. The Lions still need to figure out how to beat the elite teams with some consistancy. The biggest test of the season is Thursday. It's a winable game; but the Lions have to have thier best team effort so far this year to pull it off!


(Note: Thank you Ferris for the springboard that helped hijack this thread away from the meaningless glove topic!!)

_________________
Image


November 21st, 2011, 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
@m2k, EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS FLAWS. Maybe the guy doesn't see us as an 8-8 team like you do. If you can't see why some of us thought that was a very entertaining game then I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

This team definitely has it's issues but there is more good than bad on this team. Maybe with a little more help in the run game we can better success earlier in games. But if you want to bitch about wins, it would be nice if you had actual ideas on how to improve rather than just complaints all the time.


I never said I predicted an 8-8 finish. Did I? If so, please show me where. What I DID say was that this team could still easily finish 8-8. And that could happen based on the inconsistencies in their performances. I don't expect the Lions to be perfect, or any individual on the team. But let's make something perfectly clear....this is the 3rd time this season the Lions have spotted not-so-good football teams 17 points or more in the first half. Yes, it is GREAT they were able to overcome the deficit and win those games. That's a huge improvement over years previous. However, it still does NOT change the fact that the team can't do that against the likes of Green Bay, New Orleans or San Diego.

And check my posts....I have given PLENTY of ideas about what I'd like to see the Lions do to change things, on BOTH sides of the ball. So in that regard, you need to do some fukkin' research on what I have to say in this forum before you open up your pie hole.


Last time I checked the Lions haven't played Green Bay , New Orleans, or San Diego........ so unless your psychic how do you know that to be true? Now your going to tell another Man behind your computer screen to shut his pie hole? Really. That's manly.

Everytime I respond to your post's I'm fully aware that 1. You are man. 2. You are intellegent. 3. I know that every one has an opinion that doesn't coincide with mine. If I wanted to argue with some retard's I'd go down to my local watering hole and debate the drunk azz clowns down there.

I really like this team. And when we beat the packers on Thursday - You can eat some crow.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


November 21st, 2011, 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
This conversation is 10x more interesting than any glove discussion!

I personally think everyone here is at least a little bit right. The Lions are better than they've been since Barry was here. In this regard, there is much to celebrate and be happy about. But the team's weaknesses are apparent and there is still a long way to go before this team is a consistent front-runner. We can still want and hope for much more.

Personally, given the 5-0 start, I think it is reasonable to be disappointed in a 9-7 finish. If they started 3-2 instead of 5-0 I don't think the finish would feel nearly as disappointing. However, I figured 8-8 or 9-7 before the season started so really the team is probably about what I thought they'd be. If they go 10-6, even if they miss the playoffs, the Lions will exceed my expectations for the year.

Given that there's a divide between satisfied fans and dissatisfied fans, I'll throw this into the conversation:
True or False--Jim Schwartz should receive a contract extension at the conclusion of this season.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


November 21st, 2011, 1:33 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Quote:
And check my posts....I have given PLENTY of ideas about what I'd like to see the Lions do to change things, on BOTH sides of the ball. So in that regard, you need to do some fukkin' research on what I have to say in this forum before you open up your pie hole
I highly doubt you speak to people that way in the real world

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 21st, 2011, 2:23 pm
Profile
Online
1st Round Pick

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 1237
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
mwill2 wrote:
This conversation is 10x more interesting than any glove discussion!

I personally think everyone here is at least a little bit right. The Lions are better than they've been since Barry was here. In this regard, there is much to celebrate and be happy about. But the team's weaknesses are apparent and there is still a long way to go before this team is a consistent front-runner. We can still want and hope for much more.

Personally, given the 5-0 start, I think it is reasonable to be disappointed in a 9-7 finish. If they started 3-2 instead of 5-0 I don't think the finish would feel nearly as disappointing. However, I figured 8-8 or 9-7 before the season started so really the team is probably about what I thought they'd be. If they go 10-6, even if they miss the playoffs, the Lions will exceed my expectations for the year.

Given that there's a divide between satisfied fans and dissatisfied fans, I'll throw this into the conversation:
True or False--Jim Schwartz should receive a contract extension at the conclusion of this season.



I'll be disappointed if this team doesn't go 10-6. They just have to beat SD, Oakland, and Minn to do it. The only decent team of the 3 is Oakland and they are a team that has dropped games to teams they should have beat.

I think you have to stick with Schwartz unless you think Cower would do better here. I dont think it would make much sense going after another first time head coach when Schwartz is still getting more wins each season.


November 21st, 2011, 2:39 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Quote:
1) Re: "You can be appalled all you want by the Car performance, they almost beat the Packers and the Bears too ..." This is exactly the nonsense that breeds and encourages mediocrity!! This is what I'm talking about. This is meaningless trivia that proves nothing yet makes naive fans feel good about beating a weak team. It doesn't promote forward progress and it contributes to lower expectations.

I feel good about beating any team. That statement does'nt breed mediocrity, I was simply bringing light to the fact the Carolina might not be as bad as you think and the fact that they played us close does'nt spell doom for the Lions. Even the best teams in the NFL can/do struggle with bad teams. And I don't have any problem with you guys being critical but you guys seem to state your opinion as if it's a fact. You don't know whether this team is a contender or not.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 21st, 2011, 2:52 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Ferris wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
@m2k, EVERY SINGLE TEAM HAS FLAWS. Maybe the guy doesn't see us as an 8-8 team like you do. If you can't see why some of us thought that was a very entertaining game then I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

This team definitely has it's issues but there is more good than bad on this team. Maybe with a little more help in the run game we can better success earlier in games. But if you want to bitch about wins, it would be nice if you had actual ideas on how to improve rather than just complaints all the time.


I never said I predicted an 8-8 finish. Did I? If so, please show me where. What I DID say was that this team could still easily finish 8-8. And that could happen based on the inconsistencies in their performances. I don't expect the Lions to be perfect, or any individual on the team. But let's make something perfectly clear....this is the 3rd time this season the Lions have spotted not-so-good football teams 17 points or more in the first half. Yes, it is GREAT they were able to overcome the deficit and win those games. That's a huge improvement over years previous. However, it still does NOT change the fact that the team can't do that against the likes of Green Bay, New Orleans or San Diego.

And check my posts....I have given PLENTY of ideas about what I'd like to see the Lions do to change things, on BOTH sides of the ball. So in that regard, you need to do some fukkin' research on what I have to say in this forum before you open up your pie hole.


Last time I checked the Lions haven't played Green Bay , New Orleans, or San Diego........ so unless your psychic how do you know that to be true? Now your going to tell another Man behind your computer screen to shut his pie hole? Really. That's manly.

Everytime I respond to your post's I'm fully aware that 1. You are man. 2. You are intellegent. 3. I know that every one has an opinion that doesn't coincide with mine. If I wanted to argue with some retard's I'd go down to my local watering hole and debate the drunk azz clowns down there.

I really like this team. And when we beat the packers on Thursday - You can eat some crow.


Again, putting words in my mouth. I never said the Lions can't beat the Packers, or anybody else. The Lions are more than capable of beating other teams. However....do you HONESTLY feel that if the Lions are down to the Packers by 17 at half time, that they'll storm back to win the game? Sorry, against the Likes of Minnesota, Carolina and Dallas, it was difficult enough. But now we are talking about the best team in the NFL by a LARGE margin. Teams like that don't fold and allow teams to come back like that. The Packers are not infallible, neither are the Saints. But they are very unlikely to allow a comeback like that happen against them.

It's nice that you guys are so optimistic about the team. I can foresee great things for the Lions in the seasons ahead. They could even get into the playoffs this season and do some serious damage. I'm not saying it's not possible. But you simply can't ignore the fact that the Lions aren't winning most of their games by "conventional" methods. The fact that a team hasn't done what they've done in the league is testimony to that.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 21st, 2011, 3:27 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
And check my posts....I have given PLENTY of ideas about what I'd like to see the Lions do to change things, on BOTH sides of the ball. So in that regard, you need to do some fukkin' research on what I have to say in this forum before you open up your pie hole
I highly doubt you speak to people that way in the real world


I do to people who tell me I have nothing to offer but complaints, when in fact I've given my ideas of what I think the Lions need to be doing to improve their game. If you actually read my posts in many of the threads here, you'd know that to be true. How I state things on the computer are how I state things in face to face discussions. So if you don't like my response, I would say that next time instead of telling someone that they are simply complaining without adding some constructive feedback, make sure that's actually the case.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


Last edited by m2karateman on November 21st, 2011, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.



November 21st, 2011, 3:30 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9266
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
m2karateman wrote:
But you simply can't ignore the fact that the Lions aren't winning most of their games by "conventional" methods. The fact that a team hasn't done what they've done in the league is testimony to that.


I don't think "conventional" applies to the NFL anymore M2K. I mean, the Packers are undefeated with the 30th ranked defense in the league. Perhaps that is conventional now when I think about it, however, I mean the Patriots rank dead last.

Speaking of "conventional", how do you explain the Broncos success against any team not named the Lions. I mean, they complete two passes in a game during this pass happy times and still win. That is insane.

Alex Smith has become a top ranked QB, rookie Cam Newton is playing much better than MVP runner up Michael Vick, and Philip Rivers leads the league in interceptions.

And how do you explain Kevin Smith yesterday - I give up...

Nothing "conventional" about the NFL these days, perhaps an unconventional approach is the most conventional way to win in the league this year! I certainly can't figure it out for the life of me.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 21st, 2011, 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Pablo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
But you simply can't ignore the fact that the Lions aren't winning most of their games by "conventional" methods. The fact that a team hasn't done what they've done in the league is testimony to that.


I don't think "conventional" applies to the NFL anymore M2K. I mean, the Packers are undefeated with the 30th ranked defense in the league. Perhaps that is conventional now when I think about it, however, I mean the Patriots rank dead last.

Speaking of "conventional", how do you explain the Broncos success against any team not named the Lions. I mean, they complete two passes in a game during this pass happy times and still win. That is insane.

Alex Smith has become a top ranked QB, rookie Cam Newton is playing much better than MVP runner up Michael Vick, and Philip Rivers leads the league in interceptions.

And how do you explain Kevin Smith yesterday - I give up...

Nothing "conventional" about the NFL these days, perhaps an unconventional approach is the most conventional way to win in the league this year! I certainly can't figure it out for the life of me.


You are talking about rankings for the year. I am talking about losing big at halftime and coming back to win, multiple times. It hasn't happened in the NFL before. There have been other teams with low ranked defenses that have been good, winning teams. There have been other teams with rookie QBs who have outperformed seasoned vets. There's never been another team that has done what the Lions have done this many times in a season, at least in recent memory. That is what I am referring to as "unconventional". Even you Pablo, would be hard pressed to say that the Lions will pull off these miracles against GB, NO or even SD.

As for Kevin Smith, he was facing one of the worst run defenses in the entire NFL. His performance was eye-opening, if simply for the fact that two weeks ago he was watching games from home. But, that may also have been his blessing, that he was well rested, completely healed and had a drive to do well when he got the opportunity. I give him all the respect in the world for his effort, but am not ready to say he's the answer for our running game just yet.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 21st, 2011, 8:22 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
smith isnt the end all answer to the run game but he ends the desperation of "is best going to play this week?" clearly smith is a better runner than maurice and allows maurice to go back to his regular role and maybe a bigger role on special teams. for now smith is the answer.


November 21st, 2011, 9:24 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
Ferris wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

Ferris, do you believe in Santa Claus & the Tooth Fairy too?! Is your fantasy land drug induced or just the product of a team that's finally starting to look decent after 10 years of being the NFL's laughing stock?

Lighten up!!

I think everyone is happy that we're no longer the nations punch line and I'm confident everyone likes the direction Mayhew & Schwartz are taken the team. But M2K is right, we have a long way to go before we're a legit contender.

Maybe my expectations are higher than yours but 8-8 just doesn't cut it for me! That's NOT enough of an improvement over last years 6 wins!! It's just NOT! Especially after starting 5-0. Anything less than 9-7 is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. At this point, I want the Lions to win 10 games and make the play offs. I guarantee you Schwartz is not breaking his arm patting people on the back over this victory! He's already focused on Thursday's game and he wants the team focused on exactly that too.

We've had FAR to many years of losing and before that, a lifetime of mediocrity. Do you know how teams get to be mediocre? They START by being satisfied with beating up on a losing team. YOU go be happy and satisfied they won if you want! I choose to be appalled that they allowed a 2-8 team to score 35 points. The way you see the problem IS the problem!!

I want a Lions team that knows how to step on their opponents throat and choke the life out of them. I want to run up the score, take their home field advantage away and have our starters sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter.

As the saying goes, "Winners go home and F%*K the prom queen". Losers just suck on a$$holes and embarrass themselves in the process.


Bite me LF57. Carolina almost beat the packers in week 2 and are close to winning just about every game. You guys think we should of just walked over them, that's the fantasy land. Stafford is playing the best QB play we've ever seen in Detroit and you all are ready to bench him for the back up, thats fantasy land.

Sit behind your monitor and ask me if I'm on drugs ???? really an ahole move there bud. At least I posted something that was factual and was up for a debate without being childish or insulting.

Really nice way to shake a man's hand Harbaugh.


Bite yourself if you enjoy it so much!

1) Re: "Carolina almost beat the packers in week 2 and are close to winning just about every game." So what. 'Almost' means squat in the NFL. It may be a fact, but it's meaningless and irrelevant. Carolina is 2-8! Get that straight in your flippin' head!!!

2) Re: "You guys think we should of just walked over them..." I never said that! Your words not mine! I do believe the Lions should have won. Like a lot of people, when the schedule came out I looked at that game as a win. Who didn't? Vegas odds makers saw it the same way I did. Yesterdays game was a game we were EXPECTED to win. I fail to see the logic in overly congratulating a team for doing what they're supposed to do. Now, if they beat the Packers Thursday (and I truly hope they do) when most people and odds makers expect the Lions to lose... Then that is an accomplishment to be proud of. That still doesn't mean they've 'arrived' but they will have deserved some considerable applause. Do you understand the difference yet?

3) Re: "Stafford is playing the best QB play we've ever seen in Detroit and you all are ready to bench him for the back up," GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR AZZ!! I never said this either! Show me any thread where I wanted Stafford benched! You say you want a debate... How can & why would anyone debate you when all you do is just make stuff up! It would be so much more convenient if you debated what was written instead of what you thought was written. Either you can't read, or, you have no command over the English language. Regardless, your passionate defense of the Lions is admirable but it manifests itself in a lame, juvenile rant against anyone who voices the least bit of criticism on the team.

4) Re: "Sit behind your monitor and ask me if I'm on drugs ????" No. You need to think more. I gave you a choice! Read the sentence in it's entirety again please! Yet again, you choose to extract what you wanted to from what I posted. And if you can't appreciate sarcasm that's just tough for you isn't it.


I'll say it again; The way you see the problem IS the problem!

_________________
Image


November 21st, 2011, 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Stafford to wear the glove again this week...
LionFan57 wrote:

Ferris, do you believe in Santa Claus & the Tooth Fairy too?! Is your fantasy land drug induced or just the product of a team that's finally starting to look decent after 10 years of being the NFL's laughing stock?.



Re: "Sit behind your monitor and ask me if I'm on drugs ????" No. You need to think more. I gave you a choice! Read the sentence in it's entirety again please! Yet again, you choose to extract what you wanted to from what I posted. And if you can't appreciate sarcasm that's just tough for you isn't it.

You think insulting someone, and then giving them an A and B choice is fair? Either way you claim me to be in Fantasy land. But I do remember a 10 - 6 team in the NY Giants finishing 14-6 and beating the Patriots and ruining their perfect season. Then again with the packer's 10 -6 team last season, winning the super bowl. at 7-3 anything is possible, I chose to see the cup half full, you chose to see the cup empty - and in your drunken rant OR Coked up state don't give this team any chance. See how that works, you HAVE A CHOICE. consider that the way you see the problem, IS the problem.


LionFan57 wrote:
Lighten up!!

I think everyone is happy that we're no longer the nations punch line and I'm confident everyone likes the direction Mayhew & Schwartz are taken the team. But M2K is right, we have a long way to go before we're a legit contender..


That is your opinion. Mine is that we have arrived. See the above

Re: "Carolina almost beat the packers in week 2 and are close to winning just about every game." So what. 'Almost' means squat in the NFL. It may be a fact, but it's meaningless and irrelevant. Carolina is 2-8! Get that straight in your flippin' head!!!

Ok, LF57 here is where you confuse me. You say "Almost" means squat, yet your so damn offended by the fact the Lions didn't win by enough. Does it matter if the score is to 48-3 or 49-35. "W" is "W"..... The way I see the problem, IS the problem?

LionFan57 wrote:
Maybe my expectations are higher than yours but 8-8 just doesn't cut it for me! That's NOT enough of an improvement over last years 6 wins!! It's just NOT! Especially after starting 5-0. Anything less than 9-7 is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. At this point, I want the Lions to win 10 games and make the play offs. I guarantee you Schwartz is not breaking his arm patting people on the back over this victory! He's already focused on Thursday's game and he wants the team focused on exactly that too..


Last I checked we are 7-3. Your stating a number of wins as if it has already happened. The games have to be played first. You guarantee me that Shwartz is not breaking his arm patting people on the back over this victory???? First, my expectations are 12 - 4 or 11 - 5, so I assume that you assume that my optimism put us at 8-8? drink much?

and when I saw Schwartz after the game he was congratulating everyone - FIRST team in the NFL EVER to come back 3 times from 17 points does deserve some congratulations. I hope he congratulated everyone anyways. I've been wrong before.

2) Re: "You guys think we should of just walked over them..." I never said that! Your words not mine! I do believe the Lions should have won. Like a lot of people, when the schedule came out I looked at that game as a win. Who didn't? Vegas odds makers saw it the same way I did. Yesterdays game was a game we were EXPECTED to win. I fail to see the logic in overly congratulating a team for doing what they're supposed to do. Now, if they beat the Packers Thursday (and I truly hope they do) when most people and odds makers expect the Lions to lose... Then that is an accomplishment to be proud of. That still doesn't mean they've 'arrived' but they will have deserved some considerable applause. Do you understand the difference yet?

Your correct, your actual words were " I am appalled that they allowed a 2-8 team to score 35 points." Like it matters, we scored 49. I am appalled that your appalled that the game was so close, when you already mentioned that "close, doesnt mean squat". But it does if the other team scores 14 points less than you do when you score 49? after giving them 3 turnovers and basically spotting them 17 points. And the way I see the problem, IS the problem.

LionFan57 wrote:
We've had FAR to many years of losing and before that, a lifetime of mediocrity. Do you know how teams get to be mediocre? They START by being satisfied with beating up on a losing team. YOU go be happy and satified they won if you want! I choose to be appalled that they allowed a 2-8 team to score 35 points. The way you see the problem IS the problem!!

I want a Lions team that knows how to step on their opponents throat and choke the life out of them. I want to run up the score, take their home field advantage away and have our starters sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter.

As the saying goes, "Winners go home and F%*K the prom queen". Losers just suck on a$$holes and embarrass themselves in the process.


The first part here you talk about the past. Has no bearing on this team. Being satisfied with beating up on a losing team is perfectly ok. Competing with the good ones is something that tells you this team is "there"

You want a Lion's team that you make in Madden - That's fantasy land.

As for your last statement, I don't quite follow. I've heard the saying "off like a prom dress", but that's the first time I 've heard that saying, and I think I am actually dumber for having heard it.

Re: "Stafford is playing the best QB play we've ever seen in Detroit and you all are ready to bench him for the back up," GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR AZZ!! I never said this either! Show me any thread where I wanted Stafford benched! You say you want a debate... How can & why would anyone debate you when all you do is just make stuff up! It would be so much more convenient if you debated what was written instead of what you thought was written. Either you can't read, or, you have no command over the English language. Regardless, your passionate defense of the Lions is admirable but it manifests itself in a lame, juvenile rant against anyone who voices the least bit of criticism on the team.

This was actually a directed more generally of a few forumers. Believe me when I say this though, If I could put my own head in my azz, I would change my name to LF57. Did I ever say I wanted a debate with you , I actually if you can read, was responding to M2K.
And for the record, it's when someone chooses to be a sarcastic azz that I might go on a juvenile rant.

I am passionate about this team. I am optimistic and maybe your right, maybe they really aren't as good as I want to think they are. But I choose to be excited about all 7 of their wins. They still have 6 games, and It's my only concern to be here to root for them and want them to win.

Funny thing is in your pessimistic state, you continue to push the theory that my problem IS the problem, when I am the optimist. I see all sunshine and roses. I can't find a single flaw with the team. The way I see what problem?

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


November 22nd, 2011, 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], regularjoe12 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.