View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:11 pm



Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers 
Author Message
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3698
Location: WSU
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Killwill25 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Cam, meet suh. You just got blown up and threw a pick because of it

welcome back from your weekly trip to the ledge


hahaha, u kind of deserved this one co2


November 20th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
conversion02 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Cam, meet suh. You just got blown up and threw a pick because of it

welcome back from your weekly trip to the ledge


They still looked pathetic for an entire half, for about the 7th time this season. Sorry you love mediocrity, not all of us like watching what the lions showed for the first half.

If this team beats green bay, I'll eat my crow and say they're for real. As of now, they reek of the 2007 team with the way they're playing. You don't put up 49 points against good teams, you put up 49 against 2-8 teams with half their team injured. Beat a good team and start playing a full game of good football and I'll eat my crow.

I don't love mediocrity but I don't panic everytime the team makes a mistake. I know the Panthers have a very poor record but they've almost beat every other team in our division. I don't disagree with alot of the stuff you say, I just think it's funny that you take it so seriously that you can't even acknowledge anything positive like the fact that we may have a feature back or admit that the QB is actually a pretty decent player. I don't know how you can enjoy the games just looking for stuff to complain about. I don't love mediocrity but I'll love rewatching this game cuz it was a good @$$ game.

If we had Kitna intsead of Stafford, Paris Lenon and Alex Lewis as our LBs, and Matt Millen still the GM, and did'nt pick up our 7th W on the second to last game of the season than ya, we'd reek of 07. We are better at every single position than that team.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 20th, 2011, 5:54 pm
Profile
Junior Varsity
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 184
Location: Dartmouth
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Good game today. Was getting down in the dumps after the first few plays, but spirits rose and was optimistic coming back after the half.

Stafford seemed to have regained some composure, and hopefully can take that into Thursday's game. Linehan seemed to remember he has 3 good pass catching TE's, and the offense got rolling once the lions started using the underneath routes the panthers were giving up.

Welcome back Kevin Smith :arrow: =D> . Keep it up.

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


November 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 20th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


i think it was because of some missed tackles. Gunther was ripping him apart on the side line after one of them and then Harris was on the field.

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


November 20th, 2011, 8:32 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


i think it was because of some missed tackles. Gunther was ripping him apart on the side line after one of them and then Harris was on the field.


I saw him playing poorly initially, but didn't pay too much attention to it, since he generally misses his fair share of tackles. Harris played OK, but I still think they need to look at a 4th or 5th round safety this draft.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 20th, 2011, 8:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10302
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Oh, and fluellen is not good at all. He's way, way too slow off the edge and he plays standing straight up, so he gets pushed 4 yards back when he rushes from the inside

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 20th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Had to miss most of the second half due to deer hunting, but tried to follow it on the crappy Droid in the woods. Very happy with the win. Not happy with the 35 points they allowed, but a win is a win. Glad to see #9 have a good game.

More importantly, they have some good momentum heading into next weeks home matchup againt the NFLs best team.

Good job Lions.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


November 20th, 2011, 8:53 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
conversion02 wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


i think it was because of some missed tackles. Gunther was ripping him apart on the side line after one of them and then Harris was on the field.


I saw him playing poorly initially, but didn't pay too much attention to it, since he generally misses his fair share of tackles. Harris played OK, but I still think they need to look at a 4th or 5th round safety this draft.


Neither Delmas, nor Spievey wrap up when they tackle, for Delmas it's more about trying to lay the wood and Spievey is just a poor tackler. It drives me nuts! I agree that they definitely need to look at upgrading the safety position.

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


November 20th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: April 8th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Posts: 545
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Lions win Litterbox Bowl game! (Cats v. Cats.) They pulled it out again and became the first team to win three games where they were trailing by 17 points since the 1950s.


November 20th, 2011, 9:11 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Growler wrote:
Lions win Litterbox Bowl game! (Cats v. Cats.) They pulled it out again and became the first team to win three games where they were trailing by 17 points since the 1950s.



Since............... Bobby Layne \:D/

Can anyone say 8-3

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


November 20th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


i think it was because of some missed tackles. Gunther was ripping him apart on the side line after one of them and then Harris was on the field.


I saw him playing poorly initially, but didn't pay too much attention to it, since he generally misses his fair share of tackles. Harris played OK, but I still think they need to look at a 4th or 5th round safety this draft.


Neither Delmas, nor Spievey wrap up when they tackle, for Delmas it's more about trying to lay the wood and Spievey is just a poor tackler. It drives me nuts! I agree that they definitely need to look at upgrading the safety position.



Couldnt agree more. I get sick and tired of Delmas trying to make the big hit when a simple wrap up would be much more effective. Might as well play with his arms tied behind his back, since he doesnt use em'.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


November 20th, 2011, 9:58 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Quote:
Couldnt agree more. I get sick and tired of Delmas trying to make the big hit when a simple wrap up would be much more effective. Might as well play with his arms tied behind his back, since he doesnt use em'.
true. but in all fairness, everyone on the team missed tackles on Stewart. I saw a couple time that Delmas did try to wrap him up and he just broke out of it. Speivey was simply whiffing

BTW I hate Steve Smith, I always have and I hope he never wins a superbowl. just had to get that off my chest

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 21st, 2011, 3:19 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


Cause Spiviey continues to take terrible pursuit angles which is causing huge runs against us. Been doing this all season, has to be driving the coaching staff crazy.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 21st, 2011, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2232
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Panthers
Pablo wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Why was speivey in the doghouse? Harris played the bulk of the game at S and speivey was playing only on STs most of the game

Also, when will Delmas learn how to tackle? He just throws his body at the ball carrier and rarely ever attempts to wrap up


Cause Spiviey continues to take terrible pursuit angles which is causing huge runs against us. Been doing this all season, has to be driving the coaching staff crazy.

agreed, He's sucked at forcing things inside

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


November 21st, 2011, 2:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.