View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Predictions: Packers at Lions 

Who will win?
Lions 55%  55%  [ 17 ]
Packers 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Too close to call 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 31

Predictions: Packers at Lions 
All State

Post Re: Predictions: Packers at Lions
I hate to say it, but Packers 38 Lions 31

If the Lions are going to win, they have to come out of the gate and play, poised, aggressive, mistake free football. No pick 6's to Woodson, no return TDs, no wobbly slow start from Stafford. They need to play the best game of their season to win this one. We'll see what kind of team they are. If the Offense gets rolling early and the Defense keeps getting after Rodgers they have a chance. I'd love nothing more then to see them win this Thursday.

November 22nd, 2011, 6:27 pm
QB Coach

The good news is everyone is expecting a Lions loss, so no worries there, but if we pull off a stunner, that will be ICING on da cake!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 22nd, 2011, 6:48 pm
RIP Killer

Packers 34

Lions 20

November 22nd, 2011, 7:52 pm
NFL Team Captain

I don't know why, maybe it's the Kool-Aid or wishful thinking, but I'm taking the Lions in this one.

Lions - 34

Packers - 31

GO LIONS!

November 22nd, 2011, 11:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

GB 27
LIONS 41

its been far too easy for them, Their RB is hurt while ours is running angry, and out of any NFC team, I think we are the most physical team(maybe in the NFL). CJ has been a packer killer eversince he's been in the league. Of course this is barring another bad start

If Harris starts next to Delmas, we could see some huge hits.(comin for ya, Jordy :twisted: )

November 22nd, 2011, 11:27 pm
Pro Bowl Player

In my drug induced fairy tale world I predict:

Lions 43
Packers 42

In a game tied 35 all the packer's drive deep in the 4th quarter and take a 42- 35 lead. The Lions drive back and instead of going for 1 and overtime go for 2 and get it.

Wow, homerism 101......

November 23rd, 2011, 1:49 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I think there is a lot of similarities between this years Lions and last years GB in that GB did not do well until they got a run game going. Granted that happened in the few remaining games of the season, and into the playoffs, and hopefully we are developing one now.

I believe running will be the key to this game, in that it will take some heat off of Stafford, and make the defense move up, which will open up the receivers. GB did it effectively last year, and I think if Smith can keep up last weeks performance, we may have the Lions team we had during the first four games back.

Let's hope!!!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 23rd, 2011, 9:06 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Ndamukong Suh: Packers aren’t perfect, Lions are at their level
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 22, 2011, 5:26 PM EST

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says his teammates have no reason to be intimidated about their Thanksgiving showdown with the Packers.

“By all means, do I think our team is at their level, to be able to play against them,” Suh said in a conference call with the Green Bay media. “I don’t see them as a golden-perfect team. Everybody has flaws in this league, but everybody has great things they do. It’s just a matter of eliminating mistakes on our time and on our team and causing them to make as many mistakes as possible.”

Based on the two Packers-Lions games last year, Suh can make a good case about the Lions being on the Packers’ level: The teams played two essentially even games last year, with the Packers winning 28-26 in Green Bay and the Lions winning 7-3 in Detroit. But we have a lot more than those two games to use to evaluate these two teams, and it’s hard to see how any objective observer could say the undefeated Packers aren’t a better team than the Lions.

So Suh’s statement that the Lions are on the Packers’ level would seem to be going overboard. But he’ll have a chance to back up his statement on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eir-level/

November 23rd, 2011, 9:57 am
Stadium Announcer

Like everyone is saying if we start slow we will get destroyed, they're to good for our 20 points comebacks they so like to achieve. If it starts like it did last thanksgiving and we rock the bully in the mouth, it'll be interesting. I think the pack pull out a close one28-24 the difference being we settle for a field goal off a turnover while they get a touchdown off a turnover.

November 23rd, 2011, 11:31 am
Heisman Winner

I think the key to this game will be the Lions penalties. They can get away with a lot with lesser teams, they won't here. If they can play disciplined football and allow their talent to shine through, they can run with these cats. The Lions have all the intangibles in their favor:

1. Motivation (take away that shiny undefeated record)
2. Turkey Day (enough said)
3. Playoff Foe
4. Home crowd

No predicted score because it's "too close to call" but my guess is that the Lions pull it out.

November 23rd, 2011, 12:14 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
yostevo wrote:
I think the key to this game will be the Lions penalties. They can get away with a lot with lesser teams, they won't here. If they can play disciplined football and allow their talent to shine through, they can run with these cats. The Lions have all the intangibles in their favor:

1. Motivation (take away that shiny undefeated record)
2. Turkey Day (enough said)
3. Playoff Foe
4. Home crowd

No predicted score because it's "too close to call" but my guess is that the Lions pull it out.

Right here! :arrow:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 23rd, 2011, 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

NFC North Blog wrote:
Five things to watch: Packers-Lions
November, 23, 2011
By Kevin Seifert

We have been discussing the Thanksgiving Day showdown for three days under the "Thanksgiving Feast" tag, but here are some final thoughts on the fast-approaching game between the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions:

Respect for Packers: The last time an undefeated team played on Thanksgiving, it lost to the Lions. That team happened to be the 1962 Packers, a coincidence that has served as one of several narratives fueling national discussion about the Lions' chances Thursday. Las Vegas does not agree, however. The Packers are a strong favorite on the road, up to seven points based on ESPN.com's composite review of betting lines. I'm among those who think the Lions match up well with the Packers, but facts are facts. The Packers are one of four teams in NFL history to win the first 10 games of a season by at least six points. Not even that 1962 Packers team, considered one of the best in pro football history, managed that feat. This year's team has been remarkably consistent, with a close call or two but no real scares on the way to 10-0.

Revisionism: There is no doubt that the Lions defense beat up the Packers offense in last season's 7-3 victory at Ford Field. They sacked quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn four times, knocked Rodgers out with a concussion late in the first half and held the Packers to a season-low 13 first downs. That performance has served as the template for those who think the Lions have a credible chance win Sunday. But let's also remember that the Packers missed on two golden opportunities in that game for touchdowns, either of which would have given them a victory. Receiver Greg Jennings got behind Lions safety Amari Spievey in the first quarter but inexplicably bobbled the ball into the air, allowing a surprised Spievey to make the interception. And Flynn overthrew Jennings on what would have been a touchdown on the Packers' final possession. This is not to discredit the job the Lions did that day. It's just a reminder that it took two to tango on that occasion.

Facing Calvin Johnson: Two important trends will collide in this game: The Packers have given up gobs of passing yards this season, and Lions receiver Calvin Johnson has taken his game to another level. Opponents are averaging nearly 290 passing yards per game against the Packers and have 18 touchdown passes against them. But it's worth noting that the Packers have had success against Johnson since Dom Capers joined them as defensive coordinator in 2009. In three games over that span, Johnson has caught a total of nine passes for 130 yards; he does have three touchdowns in those games. Cornerback Charles Woodson has taken the majority of the responsibility for covering him in those games.

Mr. Smith arrives: We probably haven't told enough of the Kevin Smith story this week. Two weeks after the Lions re-signed him, Smith appears set to return to the starting lineup. His continued production would obviously help balance the Lions' offense, but it's worth watching what kind of impact he can have in pass protection as well. You would think he will be at least one line of defense against Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who has typically lined up over right tackle this season and has an otherwise favorable matchup with Lions right tackle Gosder Cherilus.

Rookie Watch: We've noted on several occasions the dueling rookie receivers on these teams. The Lions drafted Titus Young with the No. 44 overall pick of the 2011 draft, and the Packers selected Randall Cobb at No. 64 overall. Although they have filled much different roles for their respective teams, both players are in position to impact this game. Young has caught 28 passes as the Lions' No. 3 receiver, including touchdowns in two of their past three games. Cobb has been used more sparingly on the Packers' deep offense, catching 15 passes, but he has returned both a kickoff and a punt for touchdowns already this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... kers-lions

November 23rd, 2011, 3:51 pm
Team MVP

I think the biggest key to this game is penalties and turnovers. Any time you give Aaron Rodgers extra oppurtunities, hes gonna beat you more than he wont.

Luckily, the Packers dont have a really successful running game, but almost seems like they dont need one. Well, thats when we need to MAKE them have a running game.

Lions D needs to play huge and the offense needs to keep a 60min rhythm going. I think the Lions being the home team plays a huge advantage..

But..

I gotta say Rodgers is playing on a whole different level right now..

Lions 31 Packers 34

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Crowd needs to stay loud, and we have to put constant pressure on #12

Leo's 34
cheezer's 31

November 23rd, 2011, 6:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm actually surprised there are'nt more votes for the Packers. I think the Cowboys prediction thread was closer than this

November 23rd, 2011, 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next