View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers
modninerfan wrote:
Dirty dirty dirty dirty... Cant count on the lions to get it done. We were all rooting for you guys on our forum but thats quickly changing. Lions are a dirty team and Schwartz has made Suh a dirty player...

as I write this Jones scores a huge TD. =D>

So much for the hopes of the Lions beating the Packers. The Lions cannot make mistakes against this great team. Well at least the Lions front brass know what they need to draft or sign to get to the next level, the Level the Packers are on. Suh needs to control his temper, now that players from other teams know how to get Suh frustrated they are going to do it every week. Bad for the LIons. Suh needs to play smart and not stupid football. He only hurts his teammates.

November 24th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

is Shaun Hill going to play?... Camera pans over to him after pick

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

November 24th, 2011, 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Huge push off on third and 5 when we still had a shot down 24-8 and 7 minutes left. James Jones used both hands to shove Wright away from him and make the catch. 24 yard gain and of course no call. Allowed the Packers to get into FG range and run off a bunch of time. This was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

November 24th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

modninerfan wrote:
Dirty dirty dirty dirty... Cant count on the lions to get it done. We were all rooting for you guys on our forum but thats quickly changing. Lions are a dirty team and Schwartz has made Suh a dirty player...

f*** your feelings about lions

November 24th, 2011, 4:49 pm

our offense looked scared. i dont think we attempted 1 deep pass. we did not play for the win and I'll admit Suh went too far.

November 24th, 2011, 4:56 pm
League MVP

Quote:
Our D is Missing our #1 Corner (Houston), #1 S (Delmas), #2 DT (Williams) , #3 &4 DEs (LoJack & Young) and we are stifling the Best Offense in the league with a QB on pace for 1 of the best seasons in the History of the NFL.

injuries played a role but Young and williams played

also to whoever defended suh, you ll have a hard time finding evidence anyone was twisting suh s ankle. he cemented his status as a dirty player in the eyes of outsiders forever with that move. he had a major meltdown that cost us this game and maybe 1-2 more. ur also not going to get many calls when ur team does stuff like that

November 24th, 2011, 4:57 pm
3rd Round Selection

Congrats to the Packers, a deserved win.

Absolutely right to eject Suh. I have no idea what he thought he was doing. He could have been ejected twice for the crap he was pulling (head hits on the ground plus stamp).

Having said that, the rest of the officiating was absolutely atrocious.

Hands to the helmet appears to be a rule that only applies to Lions players. There was one instance where Suh was (rightly) called for hands to the face but only after a Packer hand to the face on him was completely missed (should have been offsetting penalties). At least two other occasions of replays where it was clear Lions players were receiving hands to the face but no call.

CJ's helmet comes off - no call. A Packer's player's? Instant flag.

Rogers gets hit just after he releases the ball - roughing the passer. Stafford gets hit just after he releases the ball - nothing.

Packers receivers can hold and push off all day. Lions corners touch a Packers receiver - instant flag.

The Lions were definitely reffed to a different standard today. Perhaps you could argue it's what we deserve thanks to the reputation we've built.

Still, I don't think we'd have seen a different result today. Packers were the better team, especially when our secondary got so banged up - boy did we miss Houston.

November 24th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I think the injury to Kevin Smith was the single biggest factor in the loss today. With Smith, the Lions kept drives moving and kept the Pack offense on the sidelines. 40 minutes of play like that and the Pack defense would have been gassed. The whole game plan fell apart once Smith was sidelined. Depth at RB is going to be a priority in the offseason.

November 24th, 2011, 9:30 pm
Varsity Captain

i have to agree when smith went out the offence went to hell because the pack lost its fear of are run game and started dropping the linbackers and safetys back allowing there corners to be more aggressive wich led to matts interceptions.on defence the pack took advantage of us losing delmas then houston allowing them to attack our 3rd and 4th corners.with all the injury,s and suh being tossed combined with the biased calls from the refs wich i dont want to even go into.the lions did,nt have a chance.this is one game that the better team did,nt win. the only thing that i think the lions made a bad choice was not going for the first down on 3rd and 2 and trying to go to cj in double coverage in the end zone.

November 25th, 2011, 12:31 am
Hall of Fame Player

modninerfan wrote:

Thanks for you worthless comment By By now. Go away. Can we get the mods to finally ban all these 49er fans that have nothing better to do than keep coming back here?

November 25th, 2011, 10:50 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BillySims wrote:
modninerfan wrote:

Thanks for you worthless comment By By now. Go away. Can we get the mods to finally ban all these 49er fans that have nothing better to do than keep coming back here?

I guess they have no problem with Anthony "Leg Whip" Davis.

November 25th, 2011, 11:51 am
QB Coach

So does anyone else feel like the younger brother, who's older brother is using your arm to beat you with. "Why you hitting yourself, why you hitting yourself?" That is the best discription of the whole game. Detroit, TOTALLY beat itself.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Heisman Winner

honestly watching this team play reminds me EXACTLY of the 0-16 year/last season. We went down big every game, mounted a comeback or we started off strong and found a way to lose. Obviously this year we are winning some of the close games but we could easily have 2 wins, or have 10. Last year all we did was play in close games too, no idea why we can't just seperate ourselves in some games. This game was one that was bound to be close but I'm talking more about the 1st 10 games.

I'm happy to be 7-4 so I'm not going to complain much about this game, but it's frustrating how Stafford plays sometimes. Once he gets into a rhythm he plays as good as anyone. He looks either scared to get injured again or scared to make a mistake. Every sack that I remember yesterday or rush on him was his fault for holding the ball to long. The ball has to come out, thats why Aaron Rodgers doesn't get sacked even though we were in his face all the time... When Stafford makes quick reads like that and gets rid of the ball we are dangerous, when we try to re invent the wheel we suck.

November 25th, 2011, 12:28 pm

lets just call a spade a spade here. WE LOST THE GAME FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT NICKLEBACK WAS IN THE BUILDING. thats probably why Suh was so pissed.

November 25th, 2011, 1:54 pm

modninerfan sniffs kid's bicycle seats

November 25th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next