View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Packers
Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed in this debacle of a game. While I expected the Lions to lose, I didn't envision them beating themselves. Between the ridiculous drive-killing penalties, multiple injuries, Stafford's errant throws, and Suh's unprofessional behavior, I don't know which was worse. The team showed the entire country that they still have a long ways to go.

November 26th, 2011, 9:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I have to admit, I am very impressed with how GB handled that Suh incident. They never even considered retaliating and losing 15 yards. We could learn a thing or two from them about being a winning team. I think we got screwd by the refs(Aaron Rodgers is Struggling so Det must be doing something illegal), but you can't deny the fact that they handled themselves with class and poise that we can only wish for out of our team. I'm interested to see if we get treated differently by officials with Suh out of the game.

Our offense needs to stop sh**ing the bed.

November 26th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Four Stafford INT's before the broken finger. Nine since. This ain't rocket science, people.

November 26th, 2011, 6:44 pm
Heisman Winner

And none of those 9 have come off bad throws so I don't get how that is the fault. They have all been BAD DECISIONS! I think the injury is hurting him more mentally than anything. He messes with his glove before every snap, which just throws off the real focus. All 3 interceptions vs the Packers were just poor decisions. The ones vs the Panthers were as well, he threw one right to a Carolina player and tried to fit the other one into 3-4 people coverage...

November 27th, 2011, 1:32 am

Is this something that will require surgery?

November 27th, 2011, 2:32 am
QB Coach

So tell me why he continues at QB, when we have Hill who we've proven to be able to win behind as the #2. Let Staff sit and heal, and go with the #2 who knows how to win too! That's the biggest question.

Sad thing is that it has me wondering about a story I heard (can't substantiate) coming out of Indy. Manning will NOT let his number 2 do anything. In games where they were blowing out the opponent and the #2 could get experience, Manning refuses to come out. In practice, #2 gets 0 snaps with starters. From what I understand Manning allows everyone else behind him to hold clip boards only.

I hope this isn't becoming the case in Detroit.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 27th, 2011, 9:26 am
League MVP

Quote:
And none of those 9 have come off bad throws so I don't get how that is the fault. They have all been BAD DECISIONS! I think the injury is hurting him more mentally than anything. He messes with his glove before every snap, which just throws off the real focus. All 3 interceptions vs the Packers were just poor decisions. The ones vs the Panthers were as well, he threw one right to a Carolina player and tried to fit the other one into 3-4 people coverage...

this is wrong, some of them have been on bad throws, some have been on bad decisions, some have been contributed to by crap plays from other players namely calvin johnson and brandon pettigrew.

November 27th, 2011, 12:33 pm
League MVP

Quote:
Is this something that will require surgery?

i assume you are talking about the hand injury to stafford? it probably will not bc if it did, it would be best to do the surgery within 7-10 days of the injury. if for some reason the fracture displaces or doesnt progress to healing then it could eventually require surgery but that seems unlikely. callous starts to stabilize the fracture at about 2 weeks from the initial injury and upper extremity fractures get a great blood flow and almost always heal unless they are of the scaphoid bone in the wrist.

November 27th, 2011, 12:37 pm
RIP Killer

Regardless of whether it's his finger, the wind, the glove or his fear of being sacked, there's something affecting the play of Stafford. It's not the offensive line, it's not the coaching, it's not a lack of a running game.

This is 100% on Stafford. He's struggling. His numbers are still among the best in the league, but if you section off the first five or six games from the rest of the games he's played, it is a Jekyll and Hyde comparison.

November 28th, 2011, 9:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

In all the hoopla surrounding the Suh stomp, something was lost that I thought would be an issue this week.

The Bimbo that was hired to sing the National Anthem forgot the words to it and just made up all kinds of nonsensical sentences until she got to a point that she remembered the words.

November 28th, 2011, 9:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
Regardless of whether it's his finger, the wind, the glove or his fear of being sacked, there's something affecting the play of Stafford. It's not the offensive line, it's not the coaching, it's not a lack of a running game.

This is 100% on Stafford. He's struggling. His numbers are still among the best in the league, but if you section off the first five or six games from the rest of the games he's played, it is a Jekyll and Hyde comparison.

There is something going on and I just don't get it, but I'm not yet willing to put the blame 100% on Stafford. There's just to many variables. He's very 'streaky' lately tho. Not just the first 5 or 6 games vs. now, but also within games. Look at his start vs. Carolina. I think he started with 3-8 passing w/ 2 INT's. After that he had world beater numbers and was in full control!

Even the first half of the Green Bay game he was OK. Three drives were killed by stupid 3rd down holding penalties by Backus, Petigrew and Burlson. But then everything team wide fell apart and Stafford started having INT's.

There are drives where he seems confident and in control; then there are drives where he's seems confused, afraid of getting hit or just off target.

I don't know if he's playing through an injury that he's not talking about; if he needs his eyes checked; taking on more than he's ready to handle; the things you listed or what. I can't figure it out.

November 28th, 2011, 10:27 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

There is something going on and I just don't get it, but I'm not yet willing to put the blame 100% on Stafford. There's just to many variables. He's very 'streaky' lately tho. Not just the first 5 or 6 games vs. now, but also within games. Look at his start vs. Carolina. I think he started with 3-8 passing w/ 2 INT's. After that he had world beater numbers and was in full control!

Even the first half of the Green Bay game he was OK. Three drives were killed by stupid 3rd down holding penalties by Backus, Petigrew and Burlson. But then everything team wide fell apart and Stafford started having INT's.

There are drives where he seems confident and in control; then there are drives where he's seems confused, afraid of getting hit or just off target.

I don't know if he's playing through an injury that he's not talking about; if he needs his eyes checked; taking on more than he's ready to handle; the things you listed or what. I can't figure it out.

I'm not blaming the losses on Stafford. I'm talking about his inconsistent play. It was there before the broken finger. It was there earlier in the season when the team was winning.

November 28th, 2011, 10:45 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I'm not blaming the losses on Stafford. I'm talking about his inconsistent play. It was there before the broken finger. It was there earlier in the season when the team was winning.

Defenses are jamming our receivers at the line and Young/Burleson have struggled to get off the jams. Calvin is almost always drawing double-coverage. Given that the Lions haven't been able to run consistently, they need at least one receiver to get off the jam when Calvin isn't open. When we've faced aggressive corners, our WRs have been dominated. That has contributed to the streaky play from Stafford. A reliable run game would go a long way toward making the offense more effective--that's what broke open the Carolina game. The run game improved and the entire offense looked unstoppable.

November 28th, 2011, 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3