View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 10:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 When is Suh going to learn 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
BillySims wrote:
So all the teams that have been beating the drums on Suh being a dirty player win? This is BS. You guys just roll over and throw Suh under the bus because he actually was guilty this time?

Just go ahead and schedule surgery to have Suh's balls removed. We finally get a great player on our defense and all anyone wants to do is castrate him. You want a toned down Suh? Be careful what you ask for. You will end up with a player that is ineffective because he can no longer be himself. I am not condoning what he did on Thursday. But, I am also not out to castrate him either.

good play does not excuse curb stomping someone Billy Im sorry it just doesn't. That play is forgivable if it never happens again, but for now you are absolutely correct. Him doing something THAT dirty justifies everyone elses cry of fowl. and he has no one to blaim but himself. He has tarnished himself and it will be interesting to see if he does what is neccessary to redeem himslef without losing a step on the field of play.

November 26th, 2011, 12:10 pm
League MVP

the previous plays werent dirty cutler, dalton, throwing down a lineman coming after him after a play but this one was beyond dirty. doesnt matter that the packers were instigating or that brian robison did the same thing or probably worse about a week ago - suh did it in one of the most prominent nationally televised games that there is and will be stuck with this forever

November 26th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Varsity Captain

Just a couple of thoughts from an old man.

Alot of this I blame on the Lions' coaching staff and the FO (just hear me out). They knew what they were getting when they drafted Suh. A fearless, physical, dominate player.

Most every college player needs to be groomed and taught the NFL game. Awards or not Suh was arguebley the best defensive player on the field.

What happen between last year and this year?

The Lions saw what they had in a raw 22 yr. old. Coach him up to be the most feared player in the league. If he an screw up an offense and change a teams game plan then who cares if he is ejected. Fairley wasn't drafted to complement Suh. He was drafted to replace Suh whenever he was ejected or suspended.

In no way am I blaming the FO and coaching staff for all of this. But think about this. Suh did not go home for the summer an eat a bunch of shrooms and some some acid and suddenly turn into the Hulk.

He is now a 23yr old kid (Lionbacker members not included, well maybe a few).

Almost every on this forum has obviously played some form of organized sport.
Except Sly. You can't count looking at girlie sights and the self abuse after a sport.

Suh did what he the was coached to do. He didn't have this problem in school, he learned it in the pros.

When the coach pats you on the rectum and has nothing to say after you just had an UR penalty, there is something up.

Don't consider this as a call for Schwartzies head. They all need to consider this kid's future as well as the teams

These coaches are using their depth on the Dline to win but they also showing their lack of concern for their own player.

November 26th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I think 1-2 game suspension would be fair, but anything more than that is going too far.

Haynesworth got 5 games, but what he did was much worse.

November 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm sick of everybody going all holier-than-thou on Suh. Woodson gets ejected earlier in the season for punching a guy and says Suh is dirty. Fox shows highlights from the 'amazing' game in '62 and half of the tackles they show would be flagged now.

I'm a Lions fan and a Suh fan and I'm gonna support the team and the player through thick and thin. F**k everybody else.

November 26th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

thelomasbrowns wrote:
I'm sick of everybody going all holier-than-thou on Suh. Woodson gets ejected earlier in the season for punching a guy and says Suh is dirty. Fox shows highlights from the 'amazing' game in '62 and half of the tackles they show would be flagged now.

I'm a Lions fan and a Suh fan and I'm gonna support the team and the player through thick and thin. F**k everybody else.

yep. cuz you can bet your @$$ that 31 other teams would love to have him locked up for the next 10-12 tears

November 26th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Killwill25 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

yep. cuz you can bet your @$$ that 31 other teams would love to have him locked up for the next 10-12 tears

Rex Ryan has already said that he wants Suh. I wonder if we can get the Jets for tampering?

November 26th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I find this surprising:
PFT wrote:
Multi-game suspension for Suh may not happen
Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EST

In the days since Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh pushed the helmet of Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith into the ground and then stomped on his arm while walking away, a sense has emerged that Suh should receiving a suspension of two or more games, given his history and the egregious nature of his conduct.

But a multi-game suspension may not happen, given the history of suspensions meted out by Commissioner Roger Goodell. Apart from the five-game suspension received in 2006 by former Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (who coincidentally returns to Tennessee today in his third game with the Buccaneers), no player has been suspended for more than one game by Goodell, via Gene Washington.

The following year, Goodell (via Washington) suspended former Cowboys safety Roy Williams one game after his third horse-collar tackle of the season.

The next year, Goodell (via Ray Anderson) suspended Buccaneers defensive back Elbert Mack one game for launching himself and making helmet-to-helmet contact with Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan; it was Mack’s second flagrant hit in three games. Also in 2008, Jets safety Eric Smith received a one-game suspension and a $50,000 fine for a flagrant helmet-to-helmet hit on then-Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin.

In 2009, Goodell (again via Ray Anderson) suspended Dante Wesley of the Panthers for launching at Bucs punt returner Clifton Smith while he was waiting to catch the ball. Wesley struck Smith in the head with a shoulder and forearm.

Again, Suh’s history of fines will be a factor, and his failure to express genuine remorse won’t help him. Balanced against that will be the fact that he already has essentially been suspended for nearly half of one game, since he was ejected early in the third quarter.

So don’t be surprised if Suh is suspended for only one game. Though he committed a Haynesworthy stomp, there’s a huge difference between stepping on a guy’s arm, which Suh did, and ripping off a player’s helmet and shredding his bare forehead with a cleat, which Haynesworth did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/multi-game-suspension-for-suh-may-not-happen/

November 27th, 2011, 9:41 am
League MVP

i agree with the above post - also need to consider that Brian Robison - the crotch kick guy from Minnesota didnt get suspended. Suh s ejection has a chance to stand up as the only discipline but I agree with Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press that Schwartz needs to bench Suh for a game just like he did with Gosder Cherilus early in the season.

November 27th, 2011, 12:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

And then you have this jack wagon:

Quote:
Mr. Suh, the doctor is ready to see you now…

By Kristian Dyer

Mr. Suh, the doctor is ready to see you now…

After yet another on-field breakdown from Detroit Lions nose tackle Ndamukong Suh(notes), there are legitimate questions about a player who has now earned a reputation as a hothead and an occasional liability to his team. Suh was ejected in the third quarter of Detroit's 27-15 loss to Green Bay on Thursday after he stomped on Packers lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith(notes).

An ejection from the game followed, but for Dr. Mitch Abrams, Psy.D., the actions leading to the ejection of the second-year player is a sign of a player who could benefit from a little time on the psychologist's couch.

Dr. Abrams would write a prescription for Suh to get some anger management.

"Suh needs anger management as much as many athletes need anger management because it is a mental skill in sports that doesn't get much attention. When there is a transgression on the field or off it, athletes get sent to anger management as if it is punishment. If you rev your guys up and they go over the line, it isn't as simple as the athlete has an anger problem," Dr. Abrams said.

"Coaches don't really appreciate this much, but a bad personal foul that takes the team out of field goal range could put the player's rear end on the bench. If you don't want that to happen, teach or train for that."

Having earned a bit of a reputation for his overtly aggressive play, Suh met with commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this month to get a better understanding as to why he had been fined three times at that point in his young career. With a fourth fine surely coming, it would seem that Suh needs to tackle his anger issues or risk losing out on not only a promising playing career, but also endorsements.

Abrams, author of Anger Management in Sports and assistant clinical professor of Psychiatry at
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, sees Suh and other football players as not equipped to "control the volume of their anger." Football is a violent sport and there needs to be a proverbial "off-switch" between physicality and what becomes sheer hostility.

"I've never met Suh, so I can't say anything about what his true issues with anger are but I do think that he is a 'beast' and I mean that as a compliment. He is so intense, so dominant that he can put fear into his opponents and that gives him an advantage mentally before he even steps on the field -Sun Tzu Art of War would be proud," Dr. Abrmas said. "Clearly, as good as he is, he cannot help his team from the sidelines and if he doesn't realize that he is getting extra scrutiny, he's not paying attention. So do I think he is an angry young man? Not necessarily. Do I think his anger hurts his performance sometimes? Yes."

Making matters worse, Suh doesn't seem to acknowledge that he has an issue with anger and certainly did not take any steps to further a conciliatory tone with his postgame remarks. He later tried to make amends with a statement made on hjis Facebook page, but many see him as a player who never seems to embrace and acknowledge his faults and once again sidestepped the taking of responsibility while addressing the media.

"First and foremost, I'm only going to apologize to my teammates, my coaches, and my true fans for allowing the refs to have an opportunity to take me out of this game. What I did was remove myself from the situation in the best way I felt and me being held down in the situation that I was in and for that, my intentions were not to kick anybody, as I did not, removing myself," Suh said. "As you see, I'm walking away from the situation. With that, I apologize to my teammates, and my fans, and my coaches for allowing…putting myself in a position to be misinterpreted and taken out of the game."

Not exactly how to win friends and influence people.

"The answer I would have liked to have heard would have been something like, 'Look, in the trenches, it gets rough and dirty. We know it does. Sometimes things happen in the heat of battle that aren't our proudest moments and hurt us from reaching our goals. Did I want to hurt him? Not specifically, but I am not going to lie and act like I am upset about that - I'm upset that my behavior took me out of the game so I couldn't help my team. I know I get a lot of scrutiny because of how I play and my reputation. I have to do better with staying in control," Dr. Abrams said.

"A lot of football is about domination and Suh is great at domination and intimidation. That [play] looked to me like him doing what he does but he already dominated that player on the floor and the stomp was the spillage when you are operating at a higher level of anger. I do not believe it was premeditated or sadistic, which would be much worse. But I don't believe he was just trying to get away either."

November 27th, 2011, 12:55 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Love the guy, 1 or 2 games max only.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 27th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

georgechuvalo wrote:
I put this on the coaching staff and Swartz, Suh needs to be suspended it is the only way he is going to learn. He is not helping this team by stepping on guys when the play if over. Now the players on other teams are going to intimidate Suh every time they play the Lions. Suh is a marked man its to bad for the Lions this guy cannot keep his emotions under control for the good of the team. [-X

bring it son. he is the toughest man in football. and i hope he keeps proving it. again and again and again.. he singned for like 70 mil, he can afford to give play 60 and the united way 50 thousand here and there. they are both great causes. and if he gets suspended ( i hope not, but probaly will) your gonna see sammy hill show a little mean streak. along with C will and avril.. um yeah, and vandenbosch. its gonna be a qb party. hopefully the rook will find some mean streak too;)
thx oak town and snoop for reppin for the D. chi-town lost :shock:

November 27th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Stadium Announcer

thelomasbrowns wrote:

Yea F**k everybody else exactly the same way Suh plays the game of football, F**k everybody else I am suh and I will stomp on someone when they are down, like it or not I am big bad A** Suh. Your post is ignorant, I see you were raised right.

November 28th, 2011, 1:02 am
Stadium Announcer

BestAtMadden wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
I put this on the coaching staff and Swartz, Suh needs to be suspended it is the only way he is going to learn. He is not helping this team by stepping on guys when the play if over. Now the players on other teams are going to intimidate Suh every time they play the Lions. Suh is a marked man its to bad for the Lions this guy cannot keep his emotions under control for the good of the team. [-X

bring it son. he is the toughest man in football. and i hope he keeps proving it. again and again and again.. he singned for like 70 mil, he can afford to give play 60 and the united way 50 thousand here and there. they are both great causes. and if he gets suspended ( i hope not, but probaly will) your gonna see sammy hill show a little mean streak. along with C will and avril.. um yeah, and vandenbosch. its gonna be a qb party. hopefully the rook will find some mean streak too;)

Another drop out from high school. The idiot line forms to the left.

November 28th, 2011, 1:04 am
Hall of Fame Player

georgechuvalo wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:

Another drop out from high school. The idiot line forms to the left.

BestAtMadden, you may want to think through your position a little more. See below. Even Suh's own team mates disagree with you. Being the "toughest man in football" is of no value when you're causing your team yardage, points or worse, a game.

If you think that a cheap shot like kicking / stomping another player when he's down proves Suh is tough then you're probably to immature to be posting on the Internet.

The Detroit News wrote:
November 27. 2011 1:00AM.

Report: Ndamukong Suh to be suspended minimum two games

Chris McCosky/ The Detroit News

Allen Park- Adam Schefter of ESPN reported early Sunday that defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will be suspended "at least" two games for his willful stomp on Packers guard Even Dietrich-Smith last Thursday.

The report also said the Lions would fine Suh $25,000 and mandate he take an anger management course.

The NFL isn't expected to make its punishment public until early next week.

"He's going to have to learn to control his temper," said veteran defensive tackle Corey Williams after the 27-15 loss last Thursday. "They always get the second guy. That's something he's got to learn. If they hit you, knock you down, whatever they do, you can always get them back on the next play."

There was a report on NFL.com that some of Suh's teammates felt he "should" be suspended. From the players the News talked to after the game, the sentiment was more that they "expected" him to be suspended, not that they felt he should be.

That's a huge distinction. Teammates were angry that he lost his composure at such a critical time in such an important game - they had stopped a third down play in the red zone - but they have not bailed on him.

"I have to pull him aside and talk to him," Williams said. "You are going to get cheap-shotted. You cannot let it get to you."

The Lions don't return to practice until Tuesday. When they do, Sammie Hill and rookie Nick Fairley will be rotating in at Suh's defensive tackle position alongside Williams.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111127/SPO ... z1ezybRusQ

November 28th, 2011, 7:47 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next