View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 12:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 When is Suh going to learn 
RIP Killer

Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
Some of you guys are out of touch. If an opposing player had done some of the things Suh has done, you'd be screaming like teenage girls at a Bieber concert to have that particular player removed from the NFL, not just suspended.

Evidence:

Delhomme incident
Dalton incident
Green Bay incident

I'm sorry, but all three of these occurences were blatant, against-the-rules, out-of-control, unacceptable actions. If it was Albert Haynesworth doing this against Matt Stafford, or Dom Raiola, you'd be posting hate against him like mad.

Nobody said Suh needs to be castrated. Nobody said Suh needs to quit playing hard, or aggressively. Nobody said they wanted him kicked off the team, or out of football. And NONE of us are "throwing him under the bus". He slid under there all by himself, without so much as a push by the fans.

What we are saying is that he can play the way he plays 98% of the time, the other 2% of the time, and avoid the fines and penalties that create other nonsense penalties against his team. IN MY OPINION the penalty called against KVB in the GB game was complete BS, but a direct by-product of Suh's actions the past two seasons and the resultant general opinion that the Lions are a dirty team. I've seen plenty of plays similar to the KVB play where the defensive guy wasn't flagged. However, ever since Suh has drawn attention to this defensive line through his questionable actions, suddenly the Lions are getting flagged unfairly more times than not.

It IS possible to be a great player without going over-the-top with the aggression. It IS possible to play hard between the whistles, then stop after the whistle is blown. Yes, players are going to hold Suh on most of the plays. He better get used to it. And the more he retaliates, the less the refs will listen to him complain about the holding. And other players will start complaining about Suh doing things, and THAT is what the refs will look for.

It comes down to this.....Suh is definitely a benefit to this team, and a great player. However, he has also hurt this team through his non-professional behavior after the play is over. He doesn't need to tone down his play, he needs to control himself after the play is over. He is hurting the entire team by continuing to propogate the idea that the Lions are a dirty franchise.

November 28th, 2011, 10:18 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
Some of you guys are out of touch. If an opposing player had done some of the things Suh has done, you'd be screaming like teenage girls at a Bieber concert to have that particular player removed from the NFL, not just suspended.

Evidence:

Delhomme incident
Dalton incident
Green Bay incident

I'm sorry, but all three of these occurences were blatant, against-the-rules, out-of-control, unacceptable actions. If it was Albert Haynesworth doing this against Matt Stafford, or Dom Raiola, you'd be posting hate against him like mad.

Nobody said Suh needs to be castrated. Nobody said Suh needs to quit playing hard, or aggressively. Nobody said they wanted him kicked off the team, or out of football. And NONE of us are "throwing him under the bus". He slid under there all by himself, without so much as a push by the fans.

What we are saying is that he can play the way he plays 98% of the time, the other 2% of the time, and avoid the fines and penalties that create other nonsense penalties against his team. IN MY OPINION the penalty called against KVB in the GB game was complete BS, but a direct by-product of Suh's actions the past two seasons and the resultant general opinion that the Lions are a dirty team. I've seen plenty of plays similar to the KVB play where the defensive guy wasn't flagged. However, ever since Suh has drawn attention to this defensive line through his questionable actions, suddenly the Lions are getting flagged unfairly more times than not.

It IS possible to be a great player without going over-the-top with the aggression. It IS possible to play hard between the whistles, then stop after the whistle is blown. Yes, players are going to hold Suh on most of the plays. He better get used to it. And the more he retaliates, the less the refs will listen to him complain about the holding. And other players will start complaining about Suh doing things, and THAT is what the refs will look for.

It comes down to this.....Suh is definitely a benefit to this team, and a great player. However, he has also hurt this team through his non-professional behavior after the play is over. He doesn't need to tone down his play, he needs to control himself after the play is over. He is hurting the entire team by continuing to propogate the idea that the Lions are a dirty franchise.

Well said!! =D>

November 28th, 2011, 10:32 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Peter King wrote:
The case against Ndamukong Suh. Sometime today, discipline czars Merton Hanks and Ray Anderson of the NFL will begin to consider the disciplinary case against Suh from the stomping incident Thursday -- on the heels of a pretty good rap sheet in his first two seasons.

With 25 minutes left in Thursday's game against Green Bay, Suh and Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith wrestled on the ground, and Suh three times appeared to forcefully press the lineman's head into the turf. When Suh got up, he stomped his cleat into the arm of Dietrich-Smith and was ejected. After the game, Suh blamed everyone but himself and didn't acknowledge doing anything wrong. On Friday night, after a long conversation between Suh and coach Jim Schwartz, the Lions called the stomping incident "unacceptable'' and Suh issued a similar statement on his Facebook page.

I'm just like you. I'm skeptical of Suh's sincerity. But his apology may give Hanks and Anderson something to think about, because I'm told he wasn't winning any points inside the walls of the league office by his consistent refusal postgame to accept any blame for the incident.

The entire atmosphere around the Lions had led to the popular theory in league circles that the club has been enabling Suh by not being tougher on him after a string of league violations in the first 15 months of his NFL career. Maybe that's changing now. If Schwartz wasn't tougher on Suh Friday when they spoke, then he's one of the enablers. But I have a feeling he finally told Suh to erase his violent streak, and soon, or his career's going to be a string of strong football punctuated far too often by fines and suspensions.

The Lions should very quietly arrange for Suh to get anger-management counseling, because the way he plays, and the way he goes over the edge at times, he looks like a guy who needs behavior modification.

I believe, despite Suh finally admitting he did something wrong, the league will suspend him this week. My gut tells me two games, though the NFL could make it one game plus time already served -- nearly half a game for the 25 minutes missed against Green Bay.

As I said on NBC Sunday night, I think it's likely if Suh appeals his suspension and is suited up next Sunday at New Orleans, the Lions will sit him for the first quarter to show they're serious about reining him in.

One more thing: Suh's history will be weighed heavily by Hanks and Anderson when they make their ruling. The four incidents that have caused him to go under the NFL microscope:

Aug. 28, 2010: Browns QB Jake Delhomme slammed to the ground by his head, resulting in a $7,500 fine.

Dec. 5, 2010: Bears QB Jay Cutler gets a forearm to the back of the head, leading to a $15,000 fine.

Aug. 12, 2011: Bengals QB Andy Dalton slammed to the ground by his head -- $20,000 fine.

Nov. 24, 2011: Packers G Evan Dietrich-Smith stomped on arm; Suh ejected, fine to be determined.

Seasons: 2. Ejections: 1. Total fines: $42,500.

One other note: This is the sixth season for Roger Goodell as commissioner. For on-field incidents (not including things like the Vick or Roethlisberger suspensions) only one player in the Goodell era has been suspended for longer than one game, and that was Albert Haynesworth, who got five games for the Andre Gurode helmet-ripping-off and head-stomping. Gurode was injured by that. Dietrich-Smith, apparently, was not hurt by the Suh stomp.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... z1f0pdevEa

November 28th, 2011, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

I guess I am just too old school for today's NFL. When you compare Suh to the 1970's Oakland Raiders, Suh looks like a choir boy. I hate hockey. But, I have seen far worse in a hockey game than anything that Suh has done.

Go ahead, modify Suh's behavior. I bet he becomes just a guy. We might as well cut him now. Because he is about to become a useless waste of space on our D-line. The NFL demands it.

November 28th, 2011, 11:29 am
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
I guess I am just too old school for today's NFL. When you compare Suh to the 1970's Oakland Raiders, Suh looks like a choir boy. I hate hockey. But, I have seen far worse in a hockey game than anything that Suh has done.

Go ahead, modify Suh's behavior. I bet he becomes just a guy. We might as well cut him now. Because he is about to become a useless waste of space on our D-line. The NFL demands it.

So cutting Suh would help the team!? Pure Lunacy!!

November 28th, 2011, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
m2karateman wrote:

When I said this very thing at the beginning of the season I was called a "hater"...

November 28th, 2011, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

When I said this very thing at the beginning of the season I was called a "hater"...

You are a hater! :lol:

Then again, I believe you once said Taylor Mays would have a bigger impact than Suh so you are hit and miss on your predictions just like the rest of us Nostradamus!

November 28th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

You are a hater! :lol:

Then again, I believe you once said Taylor Mays would have a bigger impact than Suh so you are hit and miss on your predictions just like the rest of us Nostradamus!

If I did say that it would have had to have been prior to the combine or something... By the time the draft rolled aroudn Mays was projected to be a mid-late first round to second round pick. I did like Gerald McCoy more than Suh, but that was primarily based on his body type and the belief that Suh's smaller stature wouldn't translate to the NFL. I was definitely wrong there, I'll admit that.

I did/do think a good safety is more valuable than a good DT, and I was very high on Eric Berry. He reminds me a lot of Ed Reed, and had a good Rookie season. A mediocre DT gets the job done, a mediocre safety costs you games. I personally can't stand Delmas, and I think Spivey is only average. I would love to see both of them replaced with better talent in the next few years if Spivey can't step up. Personally I'm done with Delmas. I think his peak isn't all that impressive to me. I wanted Patrick Chung with our Delmas pick, and I was VERY vocal about it right at the time of the pick. I'll say that I was right about that one too!

If the question is "Would I rather have SLH at DT and Ed Reed at safety, or have Suh at DT and Spivey at safety?" I'm going for the SLH/Ed Reed combo, all day.

November 28th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

LionFan57 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

And if you really think that I was seriously suggesting that we cut Suh, then you are an idiot. Why don't you try to actually read the whole post and put it into context?

November 28th, 2011, 3:00 pm
Varsity Captain

If I was playing against Suh, and I know about his attitude, I would do all I could to make him snap. I heard on the Packers forum a week ago that the Packers were going to try to make Suh mad. Agitate him to get him to blowup. I don't know if that's what really happened, but it worked.

Knowing this, i would do all I could as an offensive lineman to make him crazy to do it again. This won't go away you know. Suh will be pushed around a little extra EVERY GAME until he PROVES he can control himself.

Do you think he can do it?

November 28th, 2011, 3:31 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

And if you really think that I was seriously suggesting that we cut Suh, then you are an idiot. Why don't you try to actually read the whole post and put it into context?

Then what ARE you suggesting Billy? Based on what's in red above, it sure sounds like you are making that statement to me.

Are you suggesting that what Suh has done is acceptable?
NEWSFLASH: This ain't the 1970's. So put down the water bong and snap out of it. Like it or not, the rules have changed.

Are you suggesting that Suh is incapable of being an impact player in the NFL without going overboard?
NEWSFLASH: He got less penalized last year, but made more impact plays.

So....YOU may think that what Suh is doing is well and fine, but obviously the league does not. And since your opinion doesn't matter, but theirs DOES.....I'd say the Lions have to address the issue if they ever want to become a FEARED team, rather than a HATED team. Feared teams are respected, hated teams get flagged more.

November 28th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Who knows what you think! I'm not a mind reader. This is not the first time you've said something immature and moronic, then play the "That's-not-what-I-meant" card when you get slammed. So who's the idiot! If you can't manage to put together a well thought out coherent post then don't post; OR, Deal with the responses you get!

November 28th, 2011, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

m2karateman wrote:

Then what ARE you suggesting Billy? Based on what's in red above, it sure sounds like you are making that statement to me.
LionFan57 wrote:

Who knows what you think! I'm not a mind reader. This is not the first time you've said something immature and moronic, then play the "That's-not-what-I-meant" card when you get slammed. So who's the idiot! If you can't manage to put together a well thought out coherent post then don't post; OR, Deal with the responses you get!

As far as the play goes, yeah I don't condone it for the simple fact he's going to get suspended, but people jumping down his throat are overreacting. This was not a malicious act in the sense that it was meant to injure, had he had that mindset he would have stomped elsewhere. Dude was getting mugged all game, and that OL seemingly tried to snap his spine that same play (IIRC) by contorting his body backwords while he was already down. Many of you would have acted similarly in the same situation, and you know it. I have been involved in and seen MUCH more malicious things go on in HS football games. Not to mention you guys are ignorant if you don't believe MUCH worse goes on at the pro level that goes unnoticed. You guys are too **** soft.

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

November 28th, 2011, 4:50 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Are you suggesting that what Suh has done is acceptable?
NEWSFLASH: This ain't the 1970's. So put down the water bong and snap out of it. Like it or not, the rules have changed.

Are you suggesting that Suh is incapable of being an impact player in the NFL without going overboard?
NEWSFLASH: He got less penalized last year, but made more impact plays.

So....YOU may think that what Suh is doing is well and fine, but obviously the league does not. And since your opinion doesn't matter, but theirs DOES.....I'd say the Lions have to address the issue if they ever want to become a FEARED team, rather than a HATED team. Feared teams are respected, hated teams get flagged more.

What is in red above is not the whole statement. The NFL demands it. was left out. That is a reference to the anger management course they are beating the drums on.

I am not supporting his stomping incident as much as I don't want to see his intensity level fall off with an anger management modification to how he plays. And I bet it happens. For what it's worth, I do agree that he should have stopped himself..... Until the beginning of the next play and then put that Jack wagon in the ICU.

Fear us, Hate us. I don't give a crap if you respect us. But, your going pee all over yourself when you play us.

And there is a tipping point where you will thrive on being considered a dirty team. That's what the 70's Raiders were all about.

I guess I am just too old school for today's Pansy NFL.

November 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm
Walk On

Under the right coach (or a lot of coaches), I believe Suh could be not only dominant -but be well respected at the same time with zero dropoff in football production.

I am having doubts that he can become that under Schwartz. It is like expecting a kid who smokes pot with his parents to shape up... but it might not happen for a long time (if ever), because there are no grownups in the house to facilitate the growth.

November 28th, 2011, 5:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next