View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 9:56 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 When is Suh going to learn 
QB Coach

Post Re: When is Suh going to learn
BillySims wrote:
What is in red above is not the whole statement. The NFL demands it. was left out. That is a reference to the anger management course they are beating the drums on.

I am not supporting his stomping incident as much as I don't want to see his intensity level fall off with an anger management modification to how he plays. And I bet it happens. For what it's worth, I do agree that he should have stopped himself..... Until the beginning of the next play and then put that Jack wagon in the ICU.

Fear us, Hate us. I don't give a crap if you respect us. But, your going pee all over yourself when you play us.

And there is a tipping point where you will thrive on being considered a dirty team. That's what the 70's Raiders were all about.

I guess I am just too old school for today's Pansy NFL.

You've said this twice now, and it doesn't make it more relevant. Saying that you're too old school is just a cop out in my opinion. The fact is, the league has changed. Guys are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were in the 70's. Also, we know far more about injuries and sports medicine today than we did back then. Hence, more restrictions on play to try to prevent injuries. Does some of it go overboard? Absolutely. But the three incidents Suh has been involved in have all been over the line and he needs to learn to control himself. Look at a guy like Terrell Suggs. He plays as hard, or harder, than anyone. Occasionally he gets penalized or fined, but he largely plays within the rules, and he is as intense and physical of a player as there has ever been. Or look to a guy like Warren Sapp. He played hard all the time, but wasn't known as Dirty. Same goes for Reggie White.

A player can be intense and dominant without being over the line and dirty.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 28th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Walk On

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
What is in red above is not the whole statement. The NFL demands it. was left out. That is a reference to the anger management course they are beating the drums on.

I am not supporting his stomping incident as much as I don't want to see his intensity level fall off with an anger management modification to how he plays. And I bet it happens. For what it's worth, I do agree that he should have stopped himself..... Until the beginning of the next play and then put that Jack wagon in the ICU.

Fear us, Hate us. I don't give a crap if you respect us. But, your going pee all over yourself when you play us.

And there is a tipping point where you will thrive on being considered a dirty team. That's what the 70's Raiders were all about.

You've said this twice now, and it doesn't make it more relevant. Saying that you're too old school is just a cop out in my opinion. The fact is, the league has changed. Guys are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were in the 70's. Also, we know far more about injuries and sports medicine today than we did back then. Hence, more restrictions on play to try to prevent injuries. Does some of it go overboard? Absolutely. But the three incidents Suh has been involved in have all been over the line and he needs to learn to control himself. Look at a guy like Terrell Suggs. He plays as hard, or harder, than anyone. Occasionally he gets penalized or fined, but he largely plays within the rules, and he is as intense and physical of a player as there has ever been. Or look to a guy like Warren Sapp. He played hard all the time, but wasn't known as Dirty. Same goes for Reggie White.

The only play that can be viewed as "dirty" IMO is the play last week. Not even the Delhomo hit, which was overly aggressive and doesn't adhere to the rules, but certainly isn't "dirty." His other two fines are a joke and is an example of the bold above

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

November 28th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Evan Dietrich-Smith should be fined for getting Suh in trouble. Delhomme should've gotten suspended for Making Suh angry. Dalton is a rookie and did'nt know better so I won't hold it against him.

November 28th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Ndamukong Suh called Roger Goodell to apologize
ESPN.com wrote:
November 28, 2011, 7:47 PM ET

Ndamukong Suh called Roger Goodell?

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh called commissioner Roger Goodell on Sunday night to apologize for his behavior during Detroit's Thanksgiving loss to Green Bay, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

League sources told ESPN on Sunday that Suh is expected to be suspended at least two games for shoving Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith's head, stomping on him and then not owning up to it in his post-game comments.

The NFL has not determined exactly how long Suh will be suspended, but league officials believe two games will be the minimum. Sources say the league also could require Suh attend anger management courses.

The Lions are expected to issue the maximum $25,000 fine allowable under the new CBA for a player being ejected from a game. Team president Tom Lewand has been in communication with league officials. If Suh is suspended, the Lions also would have to pay a $50,000 fine because team members will have been fined more than $100,000.

Immediately after Thursday's game, Suh defended himself, saying he was trying to keep his balance while freeing himself from the brief scuffle. He publically apologized to teammates, coaches and fans Thursday for "allowing the refs to have an opportunity to take me out of this game," but he insisted he didn't intentionally step on anyone.

"People are going to have their own opinions -- that's fine," he said after the game. "The only (people) that I really care about are my teammates, my true fans and my coaches and their opinions, and that's where it lies. And honestly, the most important person in this whole thing that I have to deal with is the man upstairs."

Suh reversed course Friday night, apologizing on his Facebook page.

"My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable," Suh said in a statement on his Facebook page. "I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand -- by winning."

The NFL once suspended former Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth five games for stomping on the head of then-Cowboys center Andre Gurode, but the feeling around the league is that Suh's most recent act, which resulted in him being ejected from Thursday's Thanksgiving game against the Packers, was not as egregious.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/72917 ... gize-stomp

The video on the link is interesting as well.

November 28th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Would somebody please TWEET this, I don't waste my time with that.

"Suh, with all do respect, quit telling us you're sorry, and that you've learned from your mistakes and SHOW US that you've learned. Don't be sorry, be different!" ~ Lionsfans

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 29th, 2011, 9:12 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Ndamukong Suh banned two games
ESPN.com wrote:

November 29, 2011, 10:34 AM ET

Ndamukong Suh banned two games

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- The NFL suspended Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh for two games without pay for stomping an opponent in a Thanksgiving Day game.

Suh stomped on the arm of Green Bay guard Evan Dietrich-Smith in the third quarter of the Lions' 27-15 loss and was ejected for kicking.

Before stomping Dietrich-Smith, Suh pushed his head into the turf while Dietrich-Smith was on the ground.

Suh's suspension will cost him $164,000, or two game checks. He can appeal the suspension within three business days, and the NFL said an expedited appeal hearing would be held this week in advance of the Week 13 schedule.

If Suh's suspension stands, he will miss games against the New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings and would be reinstated Dec. 12.

Suh called commissioner Roger Goodell on Sunday night to apologize for his behavior during Detroit's loss to Green Bay, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

This month, the 2010 Defensive Rookie of the Year requested a meeting with Goodell to discuss his play after drawing several penalties. Suh said he had a better understanding of the rules after meeting with the commissioner.

The Lions are expected to issue the maximum $25,000 fine allowable under the collective bargaining agreement for a player being ejected. Team president Tom Lewand has been in communication with league officials. The Lions also have to pay a $50,000 fine because team members will have been fined more than $100,000 this season.

In 2006, the league suspended Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth for five games for swiping his cleats across the head of helmetless Dallas center Andre Gurode.

It could have been worse than this!

November 29th, 2011, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:

This may be to dated for many of you but he reminds me of a young "Mean" Joe Green who got his nickname for his early play which was pretty damn "mean" and he played for the "Mean Green" in College. He played out of control in his early days in Pittsburgh (he once kicked a Browns player in the groin why he was still on the ground - sound familiar).

Joe was the 4th overall pick by the Steelers out of North Texas (close to my house now) and was Rookie of the Year.

He learned how to channel that on the field and later become pretty beloved after SB wins and the infamous Coke commercial. Hopefully Suh takes a similar career path and wins as many championships as well!!!

November 29th, 2011, 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Two games is pretty much what I expected. Suh just needs to accept this and move on and realize that he has let his teamates down along with the fans. Hopefully he learns from his asinine behaivor and when he comes back he'll just let his playing do the talking.

November 29th, 2011, 12:02 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

On a lighter side to this ordeal:

November 29th, 2011, 12:12 pm
Modmin Dude

grgrundge wrote:
On a lighter side to this ordeal:

LOL, that is great

November 29th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Sorry for the double post!

Last edited by thelomasbrowns on November 29th, 2011, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:

This may be to dated for many of you but he reminds me of a young "Mean" Joe Green who got his nickname for his early play which was pretty damn "mean" and he played for the "Mean Green" in College. He played out of control in his early days in Pittsburgh (he once kicked a Browns player in the groin why he was still on the ground - sound familiar).

Joe was the 4th overall pick by the Steelers out of North Texas (close to my house now) and was Rookie of the Year.

He learned how to channel that on the field and later become pretty beloved after SB wins and the infamous Coke commercial. Hopefully Suh takes a similar career path and wins as many championships as well!!!

Mean Joe was one of my favorite players when I was a kid. The Steel Curtain was my 2nd favorite team back in the 70's.

Green and Lambert must feel like puking when they watch all the skirt wearing players these days. I know I do.

November 29th, 2011, 3:19 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Suh’s willingness to sit on Sunday night could be a leverage play
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2011, 2:42 PM EST

In a confusing and unexpected twist to the Ndamukong Suh saga, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Suh plans to appeal the two-game suspension meted out by the league on Tuesday, but that he also plans to serve the first game of the punishment while the appeal is pending.

Schefter explains that Suh has been encouraged by the NFLPA to pursue the appeal, in order to ensure that players who engage in similar behavior won’t be suspended in the future. And that, of course, will do nothing to improve the current public perception of the NFLPA. Already suffering from the appearance that the NFLPA wants to protect HGH users by refusing to honor an agreement to conduct HGH testing, the NFLPA now risks developing a reputation for running interference for players who stomp on other players.

It’s odd that Suh would willingly miss a key game against the 8-3 Saints. Maybe the Lions and Suh realized after watching New Orleans’ performance last night against the Giants that it won’t matter if he plays. Or maybe Suh and/or the Lions have decided to adopt a bit of a passive-aggressive approach, taking the medicine in a manner that allows Suh to create a sense that he’s remorseful (despite his ridiculous comments from last Thursday) while also sticking it to the league by making one of the highest-profile players unavailable for a nationally-televised primetime game.

Either way, Suh is trying to have it both ways. He wants to fight the decision, but he also doesn’t want to be perceived as not taking responsibility. The best approach could be for the league and Suh to negotiate a one-game suspension in exchange for a waiver of his appeal rights, with the suspension being served in Week 14, when the Lions host the Vikings.

Maybe Suh’s stance is aimed at getting the league interested in just such a resolution.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... erage-pla/

November 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm
RIP Killer

I wonder if he gets a game check if he voluntarily sits out. I know if suspended he wouldn't get paid.

November 29th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Man, Mike Florio loves to put anti-Lions spin on every detail of every story, doesn't he?

November 29th, 2011, 4:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next