View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Lions @ Saints Predictions 

Who will win this weekend?
Lions 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Saints 87%  87%  [ 26 ]
Too close to call 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

Lions @ Saints Predictions 
Pop Warner Vet

Post Lions @ Saints Predictions
I find it strange this topic has not already been posted so I figured I'd post it myself. What do you guys think our chances are against the Saints? They seem to be the only team that might give the Packers a loss in the SB. Although I expect a loss for us, how great would it be to walk away with a W? I mean hell, we've already won more games than we did last year so my Kool Aid drinking and hopes of making the playoffs have been tempered by the discussion on this board that regardless whether we make playoffs or not, this is an improved team. Also, this board is my only reprieve from the daily dregs of screaming 7th graders!

November 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Lions @ Saints Predictions
Lions win.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 30th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Oops. I meant to start this topic yesterday, but was too busy. Thanks for doing it.

After watching the Saints on Monday night, I really don't think the Lions have a chance, especially if Houston and Delmas are out. The Lions should be able to score on their defense, but they won't be able to keep up with Brees and company.

SAINTS 41 LIONS 31

November 30th, 2011, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

Too many injuries. Saints in a blowout. Lions get 10 4th quarter garbage points...this one isn't even close.

Saints 44
Lions 24

November 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Towel Boy

injuries to our secondary will hurt us more than suhs suspension. hopefully the saints underestimate our d-line w/ suh out and fairley/williams/hill/kvb/avrill put a hurtin on brees. the odds are definitely against us, but I'm hoping that we go out with some motivation to make the playoffs for the first time in 12 years.

November 30th, 2011, 1:50 pm
RIP Killer

Less pressure up the middle with Suh out, Houston and Delmas hurting in the secondary. Not looking good...

Saints 38
Lions 27

November 30th, 2011, 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:
Too many injuries. Saints in a blowout. Lions get 10 4th quarter garbage points...this one isn't even close.

Saints 44
Lions 24

November 30th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

Playing in NO is a tough one for any team, including the Lions. If it was in Detroit, I'd use the St. Louis analogy - but it isn't, and that is a huge difference (for some strange reason NO seems very different at home).

Lions have the firepower to keep up with the Saints on both sides of the ball, if things go right - and that's why they play the games.

Drew Brees is a football god - but not an infallible god, and occasionally has one of those 3-4 INT games. IMO this needs to be one of those for the Lions to win this one. It is feasible, with a strong defensive showing to force Drew into one of those games.

November 30th, 2011, 6:58 pm
Varsity 1st Team

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
I find it strange this topic has not already been posted so I figured I'd post it myself. What do you guys think our chances are against the Saints? They seem to be the only team that might give the Packers a loss in the SB. Although I expect a loss for us, how great would it be to walk away with a W? I mean hell, we've already won more games than we did last year so my Kool Aid drinking and hopes of making the playoffs have been tempered by the discussion on this board that regardless whether we make playoffs or not, this is an improved team. Also, this board is my only reprieve from the daily dregs of screaming 7th graders!

I'd bet big money that the Saints will not ever beat the Pack in the SB.

(Both in the NFC)

Frok

November 30th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Going to take a fluke game on the part of the Saints to lose. They are a good team, and unstoppable at home.

I predict the Saints take advantage of a banged up Lions D, get up big. Then the Lions drop the run and go pass happy. Stafford throws a couple picks and everyone comes on this forum and bitches.

Saints 35
Lions 7

November 30th, 2011, 8:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Lions 17
Saints 35

I don't think we have chance. If Kevin Smith or Jahvid best were playing we could try to play a little keep away.

If Stafford starts out hot(no gloves might help a little) all bets are off. But the Saints are just alot better right now

November 30th, 2011, 8:35 pm
Team MVP

I think were gonna have a harder time with these guys than we did with GB.

Ill be rooting for them like always, but I say the Lions lose..

Lions 23 Saints 31

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 30th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Varsity Captain

no one in the world thinks we have a chance to win this game. gonna need a lotta luck. i say play the 2nd string qb and get some guys healthy. we should play this like a 4th pre-season game and prepare for the viqueens.. maybe it will be the spark we need.
49-28 aints. #-o

November 30th, 2011, 11:15 pm
Stadium Announcer

Post How will the Lions keep the game close
Without Kevin Smith this weekend how will the Lions keep this game close. I wish I could say that Morris is the answer but he is not, he is a good receiver but they need to run the ball at least 25 times to keep the Saints pass rush honest. I just pray that this is not the week Stafford gets hurt real bad, you know when you play a one dimenson offense they will be the rush. good luck Backus and Chellius please keep Stafford safe.

December 1st, 2011, 1:12 am
Stadium Announcer

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:

Slim and None. How are they going to win this game without a running game. I see the Saints beating the Lions by a wide margin. I just hope they keep Stafford from getting hurt to bad.

December 1st, 2011, 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next