View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lions @ Saints Predictions 

Who will win this weekend?
Lions 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Saints 87%  87%  [ 26 ]
Too close to call 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

Lions @ Saints Predictions 
Team MVP

Post Re: How will the Lions keep the game close
I think Morris runs the ball just fine. And whats up with all your random posts man? And why are they in the Around the League board?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 1st, 2011, 1:59 am
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions @ Saints Predictions
BestAtMadden wrote:
no one in the world thinks we have a chance to win this game. gonna need a lotta luck. i say play the 2nd string qb and get some guys healthy. we should play this like a 4th pre-season game and prepare for the viqueens.. maybe it will be the spark we need.
49-28 aints. #-o

I understand your point, but why on earth would you play your second string guys and play it like a preseason game when we are battling for a Wild Card spot? We gotta play the best players each week and play to the best of our abilities or else another season, another no playoffs.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 1st, 2011, 2:02 am
Varsity Captain

you just gotta word it right... like "hey, yeah, well stafford's finger isnt coming along as we excpected.. shaun has looked real good in practice." kinda stuff... we need someone who is seeing down field better imho. Staff is the guy, but someone's got to light a fire in our offense again.
our D front 7 is still pretty solid. going against the 2 best off guards in football, they are going to have to be. i think guys like alphonso smith, berry, harris and mac are going to be exposed big time, but they can all make a play if given enough opportunities. and that is what we need. everybody on defense to rally around and put on a good show sunday night on nat. tv.

December 1st, 2011, 3:30 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: How will the Lions keep the game close
If Goerge is not a troll, I truly think that he's retarded. I mean no disrespect to anyone with mental health issues but Those are the only explanaitions for these posts

December 1st, 2011, 4:30 am
Modmin Dude

My heart says:
Lions 42
Saints 38

My head says:
Lions 24
Saints 35

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

December 1st, 2011, 9:08 am

Like most I see this as a blow out. Similiar to the one the Saints put on the Giants on MNF.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 1st, 2011, 9:13 am
QB Coach

So who is available for our D line? This was supposed to be our strongest unit, with rotation and everything. Now we are down one man, Suh, but he's not Peyton Manning. I know it's a stretch but do we have any strength there at all?

If we can rattle Brees, we can win, but I don't know if we have the horses to do it.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 1st, 2011, 9:16 am
Pop Warner Vet

They lost to the Bucs and Rams so it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. If we played like we did the first half against GB, Suh doesn't run out into the field and kick someone in the crotch, and we don't completely implode after a little adversity, I see this being closer than people think.

December 1st, 2011, 10:15 am
Pop Warner Rookie

WarEr4Christ wrote:
So who is available for our D line? This was supposed to be our strongest unit, with rotation and everything. Now we are down one man, Suh, but he's not Peyton Manning. I know it's a stretch but do we have any strength there at all?

If we can rattle Brees, we can win, but I don't know if we have the horses to do it.

We got avril kvb and Willie young off the edge maybe Lawrence Jackson if he isn't hurt any more. Fairley Williams and hill inside we also signed some dude named Dawson to suhs spot for the suspension. That being said if they don't come at brees like bats out of hell he will wind up breaking the scoreboard.

With the possibility of a broken scoreboard, Stafford has to contribute to that and come out with a sniper scope on his rocket launcher arm. Morris needs to bring some balance and getus into 3rd and shorts because we all know we won't run to convert those.

Final score: aints - 34, Leos - 21

December 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It would be so Lionesque to see this team march into New Orleans; without Suh and half our defensive backfield starters and without Smith to run the ball; and beat the Saints. That would effectively be the game we 'steal' on our trek to a 10 win season. (I'm obviously assuming wins over Minnesota & San Diego in that scenario). Then national media would be astonished that the downtrodden and controversial Lions could rise to the occasion and it would restore everyone's hopes for a play-offs game.

BUT THEN...

The Lions would do something equally Lionesque and follow that amazing victory with a loss at home against the Vikings. Therefore, wining a game we have no business winning and losing to a team that we should be able to beat and still be in a situation where we have to 'steal' a game (either Oakland or Green Bay) to go 10-6 and make the play-offs.

I'm not certain any of that will happen but it would be so typical. :|

December 1st, 2011, 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

LionFan57 wrote:
It would be so Lionesque to see this team march into New Orleans; without Suh and half our defensive backfield starters and without Smith to run the ball; and beat the Saints. That would effectively be the game we 'steal' on our trek to a 10 win season. (I'm obviously assuming wins over Minnesota & San Diego in that scenario). Then national media would be astonished that the downtrodden and controversial Lions could rise to the occasion and it would restore everyone's hopes for a play-offs game.

BUT THEN...

The Lions would do something equally Lionesque and follow that amazing victory with a loss at home against the Vikings. Therefore, wining a game we have no business winning and losing to a team that we should be able to beat and still be in a situation where we have to 'steal' a game (either Oakland or Green Bay) to go 10-6 and make the play-offs.

Damn if that doesn't remind me of Detroit sports in the 80s :shock:
](*,)

December 1st, 2011, 12:28 pm
Varsity Captain

TheRealWags wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

BUT THEN...

Damn if that doesn't remind me of Detroit sports in the 80s :shock:
](*,)

LOL!! that is EXACTLY how i think!!! except the part where we beat the team and shock the world. we havent beaten an awesome team in a very very long time. but the following week loss to the viqueens would HAVE to happen... just to restore the natural equilibrium of the universe that was thrown off due to beating the saints... classic lions.... welp, you never know.. but we have seen it before.. lol good sh!t..

December 1st, 2011, 1:06 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The talent level on this team has not taken a significant dip in four weeks. If anything, it's nice to be understimated. Keeps players on their toes. Ask Lovie and the Bears if being 8-point underdogs can't help motivate a team.

December 1st, 2011, 1:33 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Like others said

Heart says win

head says loss

BRING ON PRIMETIME FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!!

December 1st, 2011, 1:53 pm

WarEr4Christ wrote:

losing Suh hurts but the rest of the D-line is as good as any in the NFL. The D-line is the strongest unit. We are'nt losing games because of bad defense we lose because our offense does things like score 0 points in a half against a shoddy GB defense while our defense pretty much shut down GB in that same half. or throw 9 ints in the last 10 quarters. If anything, our DL/defense has kept us in games.

December 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next