View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jared Gaither 
Varsity Captain

Post Jared Gaither
Hope I spelled that right. Anyhow, I didn't see this anywhere so if it needs to be moved, feel free, correct my spelling while your at it. :oops:

From what I've pieced together Gaither a former Pro Bowler for the Ravens was injured and apparently did not return to form.

I don't know how he got to his most recent(2nd) team. Waivers I think. Anyhow, he sat on the bench for the entire season until the starting LT was injured. He came in for one play and was flagged for a false start taking the team out of the red zone. They settled for a FG and lost 19-15(?). He was released the next day.

Gaither is a young, former Pro-Bowler and a 4 yr starter out of 5 yrs.(?)

He is a monster of a man at 6' 6" and 347 lbs. Starting LT and still a kid. Sorry guys I meant football wise.

Why not bring him in and atleast check him out? He hasn't returned to form from an injury. That dosen't mean that he forgot how to play football or that he has lost his talent or desire.

Bring him in evaluate his injury and his desire to play. Very low risk and possible super high return.

December 1st, 2011, 3:57 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Jared Gaither
San Diego grabbed him off waivers.

December 1st, 2011, 4:21 pm
RIP Killer

We did the same with Leonard Davis and he hasn't played yet.

Seems that the staff is happy with backus, sims, raiola, peterman, cherilus

December 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Boz wrote:
Hope I spelled that right. Anyhow, I didn't see this anywhere so if it needs to be moved, feel free, correct my spelling while your at it. :oops:

You're**. Plus one.

conversion02 wrote:
We did the same with Leonard Davis and he hasn't played yet.

Seems that the staff is happy with backus, sims, raiola, peterman, cherilus

It should seem that way but I'll never understand why. Is it possible that the staff believes (incorrectly btw) that because Backus and Raiola have been here for so long that the fans would be upset if they were replaced? God, I hope not.

NOTE** To add, I don't truly believe that's the case. Just a poor attempt at humor or sarcasm I guess. I imagine that the best guess is that they haven't been replaced because there just simply hasn't been any legitimately good opportunity.

December 1st, 2011, 4:59 pm
Varsity Captain

watching some of the replays of the thanksgiving game. backus was just getting owned. we need some serious help at LT.. and another 40 lbs at Center..

December 3rd, 2011, 2:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BestAtMadden wrote:
watching some of the replays of the thanksgiving game. backus was just getting owned. we need some serious help at LT.. and another 40 lbs at Center..

I wish Backus had Raiola's heart and Raiola had Backus' size

December 3rd, 2011, 2:49 pm
Walk On

Killwill25 wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:

yeah... at times Backus plays well, but there's a few plays a game where he seems to let up. If he played hard every snap, he would be a pretty good LT

It's hard to call someone who's played 100-some-odd straight games inconsistent :oops:

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

December 3rd, 2011, 4:34 pm
Team MVP

I just wonder what the coaching staff REALLY thinks of the o-line.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 3rd, 2011, 5:24 pm
Varsity Captain

thegodjr wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:

yeah... at times Backus plays well, but there's a few plays a game where he seems to let up. If he played hard every snap, he would be a pretty good LT

It's hard to call someone who's played 100-some-odd straight games inconsistent :oops:

if it's my team and i just invested a few hundred millions of dollars on qbs over the last decade and they keep getting "happy feet" and become injured or "back foot throwers," then i have to check the blind side. Hutch helped hide some weaknesses while in college, and Sims has helped a bunch the last 2 years, but i can't understand how our coaches do not see what we see..
It is great that he has not missed a game and, in my humble opinion, i think it is HUGE to have the same 5 guys every week too.. i respect linehan and schwartz' knowledge of their squad, so we just have to wait it out i guess. but screw that! this is a fan's forum and i want results!!!!! :x now!!!!!!!! :angry:

December 3rd, 2011, 8:11 pm
RIP Killer

no interest. If he is getting cut this late in the season, there's something wrong with him.

December 5th, 2011, 9:49 am
Varsity Captain

Actually since joining the chargers he has started at left tackle.he has been his old self again.great in the run game and he has not allowed a qb pressure.he in my eyes should be the lions biggest offseason target.

December 21st, 2011, 9:17 pm
NFL Team Captain

allenslions wrote:
Actually since joining the chargers he has started at left tackle.he has been his old self again.great in the run game and he has not allowed a qb pressure.he in my eyes should be the lions biggest offseason target.

Doubt very seriously that San Diego lets him get away.

December 21st, 2011, 10:38 pm
Afghan Allstar

If he stays in San Diego, he would likely slide over to Right Tackle. They've already got a really good LT in Mc Neal.

December 21st, 2011, 10:57 pm
Varsity Captain

Two things will keep the chargers from resigning him.1st they just signed mcneil to a huge long term contract.2nd gaither made it clear he didnt want to play right tackle.3rd he has ties to the detroit area.and players are now looking at us as a winner

December 21st, 2011, 11:34 pm
Junior Varsity

allenslions wrote:
Two things will keep the chargers from resigning him.1st they just signed mcneil to a huge long term contract.2nd gaither made it clear he didnt want to play right tackle.3rd he has ties to the detroit area.and players are now looking at us as a winner

Ummm....isn't that 3 things? :lol: Just bustin' your stones bro.

December 22nd, 2011, 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next