View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints
bishop14772 wrote:
IMO: A lot of the personal foul calls Detroit gets is out of frustration because of biased officiating. Matt Stafford after the game in the press conference even said, I have never been part of a game with 3 offensive PI calls. Complete BS, I have been watching football for a long time and I agree I also have never seen that one sided officiating of a game. In fact the last 3 games Have been some of the most one sided officiating I have ever seen. Every time there is a questionable call on the field The TV stations never show the replay either which pisses me off. Every other game I watch, they always show the replay of the penalty...when its the lions...nope.

Maybe its just a conspiracy theory but I think the NFL never wants the lions to win. Period.

I don't know about winning period, but they definitely want us to lose the Thanksgiving game.

December 5th, 2011, 5:00 pm
Pop Warner Vet

One unsportsmanlike conduct call is all it took. The refs already know they'll be able to call that over even trivial, debatable instances because Detroit "plays dirty" and we played right into their hands by proving them right.

Before being ejected from the t-day game Suh was completely beating the players assigned to block him. I don't recall if it was the actual play in question or the play right before it but it looked like the offensive lineman yanked Suh to the ground by his facemask. With so much dirty play not being called I can understand his frustration, and the frustration of the entire team. But the actions by Suh after the play are still inexcusable. The same is true with this game, lots of bad calls and even worse reactions to them - the result? We look like a kid having a temper tantrum, not a good team being screwed over by bad officiating. If we continue to act before thinking then our opponents already know how to beat us: get us to lose our temper so we beat ourselves.

December 5th, 2011, 5:22 pm
Stadium Announcer

I completely agree that the actions the players are taking after the whistle are inexcusable. I just understand why they are doing what they are doing. I used to play linebacker in high school, primaraly a blitzer, I know exactly what the the offensive players blocking you are doing to try to piss you off if you are beating them and the calls dont always happen, I understand. But in the case of the lions I just wish we had a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers who gets special treatment by the NFL because they are the faces of the NFL. I truely feel that if this team gets on a maricle run someday and win the superbowl we will still never be treated by the NFL the same as the other GOLDEN TEAMS of the NFL (aka Packers, Saints, Patroits). Its just frustrating that our players dont have the common knowledge to understand this and keep their emotions under control.

December 5th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Veteran General Manager

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
One unsportsmanlike conduct call is all it took. The refs already know they'll be able to call that over even trivial, debatable instances because Detroit "plays dirty" and we played right into their hands by proving them right.

Before being ejected from the t-day game Suh was completely beating the players assigned to block him. I don't recall if it was the actual play in question or the play right before it but it looked like the offensive lineman yanked Suh to the ground by his facemask. With so much dirty play not being called I can understand his frustration, and the frustration of the entire team. But the actions by Suh after the play are still inexcusable. The same is true with this game, lots of bad calls and even worse reactions to them - the result? We look like a kid having a temper tantrum, not a good team being screwed over by bad officiating. If we continue to act before thinking then our opponents already know how to beat us: get us to lose our temper so we beat ourselves.

I am sick of the bolded part taking root in so many peoples thinking.

When we were the harmless little fuzzballs that everyone pitied, did any more calls go our way than they do now? The answer is NO ! The other teams still got all the calls going their way. So, that statement is complete hog wash.

December 7th, 2011, 2:55 am
Veteran General Manager

About Pettigrew pushing the refs hand away.

He should have gotten his money's worth and knocked that refs stinking block off.

At the end of the play, the defender stomped on Pettigrew's junk. The ref was right there and watched it, BUT, HE DIDN'T THROW THE FLAG.

You would have been just a bit ticked off if it were you. But, the Saint's defender that did it, doesn't have SUH on the back of his jersey, so he gets away with it.

December 7th, 2011, 3:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5