View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints 
QB Coach

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints
mwill2 wrote:
I didn't see any fumble but the Saint who blocked the FG was at least a full yard offside.

Even if the kick had been good, they'd still be too far behind. The biggest problem has been the Lions' own errors. Need to play a clean game to have a shot.

Yeah Detroit pretty much has to play perfect to beat the truly good teams. Basically what that shows to me is that they aren't quite there yet. The truly good teams can make some mistakes and still win against other good teams. The Lions are still a year or two away from that.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 4th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Div 1 - Starter

This lack of discipline is going to keep the Lions out of the playoffs. Moronic penalties are killing them here. I was glad to see Raiola getting in Young's face but jeez. Looking at the season special teams miscues, penalties and mental mistakes have wrecked winnable games. The talent is there and the depth is coming around but this team just plays too out of control to be a threat, even if they somehow make the playoffs.

December 4th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Afghan Allstar

There have been some really blatant holds. Especially on the ends. The fumble was on the sack by Hill. He came out of the pile with the ball and they never even considered having it looked at.

December 4th, 2011, 11:33 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, so many BS calls. The push off by Nate is called like 5% of the time. Awful. The guy who was offsides on the blocked FG? Yeah, nice work line judge, you clown.

I like how berry got tackled by Moore and berry got called for PI. Wow.

And a ton of no-holds on NO

December 4th, 2011, 11:36 pm
RIP Killer

Colinsworth just said peterman has been the lions most consistent lineman...hahahaha

That moron obviously doesn't watch the games

December 4th, 2011, 11:38 pm
Bubbles the Lion

conversion02 wrote:
Colinsworth just said peterman has been the lions most consistent lineman...hahahaha

That moron obviously doesn't watch the games

I thought he was just searching for something to say. He knew the Lions need to upgrade the OL, but no announcer wants to call anyone out on national TV. He was kind of stuck after he said good things about Backus/Raiola/Sims imo.

December 4th, 2011, 11:45 pm
RIP Killer

Logan should keep his mouth shut unless he starts returning kicks like devin hester

Williams should be cut. He looks so awful out there. His vision sucks, he's not very strong, early pums the legs and gets any extra yards, not a good blocker or pass catcher. Cut him now

December 4th, 2011, 11:50 pm
QB Coach

And with that punt, game over folks. Thanks for coming out.

December 5th, 2011, 12:11 am
Afghan Allstar

So they replay Vanden Bosch on the pass rush...he's being held...

December 5th, 2011, 12:16 am
QB Coach

These PI's on Burleson are ridiculous. The corner is getting his hands all over him and he's fighting him off. BS calls.

December 5th, 2011, 12:22 am
QB Coach

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
These PI's on Burleson are ridiculous. The corner is getting his hands all over him and he's fighting him off. BS calls.

Totally disagree. Burleson is pushing off. Guys always get their hands on each other. You can't extend your arms and push off, and that's exactly what Burleson is doing.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 5th, 2011, 12:23 am
QB Coach

There could easily have been a penalty on the INT. Defender was all over Burleson. But they might have been within 5 yards so...

December 5th, 2011, 12:26 am
QB Coach

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Totally disagree. Burleson is pushing off. Guys always get their hands on each other. You can't extend your arms and push off, and that's exactly what Burleson is doing.

He's allowed to get rid of a defender who is holding him/interfering with him. I think one of them maybe was a good call. The others should have been defensive PI.

I'm sick of us giving away another game. We had all the chances in the world to take this one and we made dumb penalties, and the refs didn't call anything on the Saints and we just blew it.

December 5th, 2011, 12:28 am
RIP Killer

Yeah, and after 5 yards, NO defenders can do whatever the hell they want. They can run into the WR, grab arms, grab jerseys, run into the WR, he'll, tackle the WR.

Don't give me that push off BS. One time did he extend the arms and actually push. One he just barely touched the guy.

TDJ - exactly, he was grinding all up on him beyond the 5 yards. That bullcrap is ok if youre not the lions

December 5th, 2011, 12:29 am
Div 1 - Starter

I realize there have been BS calls but the only thing I want to hear from Schwartz after this game is how the team is going to be more disciplined going forward. Seriously Young, Logan and Pettigrew...I think we have a pattern. This is two weeks in a row the Lions have been embarrassed on national television. All the progress this team has made in not being seen as a joke is going out the window.

December 5th, 2011, 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next