View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints 
QB Coach

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions at Saints
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
These PI's on Burleson are ridiculous. The corner is getting his hands all over him and he's fighting him off. BS calls.

Totally disagree. Burleson is pushing off. Guys always get their hands on each other. You can't extend your arms and push off, and that's exactly what Burleson is doing.

He's allowed to get rid of a defender who is holding him/interfering with him. I think one of them maybe was a good call. The others should have been defensive PI.

I'm sick of us giving away another game. We had all the chances in the world to take this one and we made dumb penalties, and the refs didn't call anything on the Saints and we just blew it.

No he's not. If both guys push and shove it technically would be PI on both guys. I've seen it called once or twice.

Regardless, they showed slow motion replays where you can see Burleson extending his arms to push. That gets called almost every time.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 5th, 2011, 12:30 am
QB Coach

SimplePoster wrote:
I realize there have been BS calls but the only thing I want to hear from Schwartz after this game is how the team is going to be more disciplined going forward. Seriously Young, Logan and Pettigrew...I think we have a pattern. This is two weeks in a row the Lions have been embarrassed on national television. All the progress this team has made in not being seen as a joke is going out the window.

Agreed. Completely unacceptable behavior and the coach has to address it. As Herm Edwards says, you're either coaching it, or allowing it. Neither is acceptable.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 5th, 2011, 12:31 am
NFL Team Captain

Another win-able game and our players can't keep their heads in the game.

Penalties and injuries are killing us!

These guys are really starting to piss me off with the stupid sh!t.

UN-FREAKIN BELIEVABLE! ](*,)

December 5th, 2011, 12:32 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

its getting really f***in old

December 5th, 2011, 12:34 am
Stadium Announcer

The Lions are getting a reputation around the League for being hot heads, they will not get any calls from the ref's this year, maybe next year they can get coached better or start cutting some of these guys that can't learn. They are 2-3 yrs away from getting into the playoffs, when will they learn, maybe they are not bright enough to understand you cannot push an official in the chest because he flags you. Week after week we see the same dumb penalties called on them, it seems to be spreading from player to player, Logan, Young this week who will it be next week, you do not see Backus or Raiola take stupid 15 yd penalties.

December 5th, 2011, 12:37 am
RIP Killer

I can't believe it was this close with garbage safeties and wright playing like complete crap and Houston out.

December 5th, 2011, 12:38 am
Stadium Announcer

Killwill25 wrote:

Who is at fault for these stupid plays, over 100 yrds in penalties. Last week the same the week before the same. They are not coached plain and simple. Either that or the players we have have brain freezes and just cannot be coached.

December 5th, 2011, 12:38 am
RIP Killer

georgechuvalo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

They are not coached plain and simple.

Wow, tell us what else you see at the practices, since you're apparently there!

December 5th, 2011, 12:42 am
Team MVP

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
These PI's on Burleson are ridiculous. The corner is getting his hands all over him and he's fighting him off. BS calls.

Totally disagree. Burleson is pushing off. Guys always get their hands on each other. You can't extend your arms and push off, and that's exactly what Burleson is doing.

He's allowed to get rid of a defender who is holding him/interfering with him. I think one of them maybe was a good call. The others should have been defensive PI.

I'm sick of us giving away another game. We had all the chances in the world to take this one and we made dumb penalties, and the refs didn't call anything on the Saints and we just blew it.

No he's not. If both guys push and shove it technically would be PI on both guys. I've seen it called once or twice.

Regardless, they showed slow motion replays where you can see Burleson extending his arms to push. That gets called almost every time.

Yeah one play he actually pushed off. One of them his hands were in front of him on the back of the defender and he did not push and it was called. The other one the defender was holding him and he pushed his arms off him which should have been 5 yards for defensive holding or at worst PI on both players.

December 5th, 2011, 12:45 am
Stadium Announcer

conversion02 wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

It does not take a person with brains you obviously lack any to know that they are not coached. I will ignore anything you post in the future.

December 5th, 2011, 12:46 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:
I realize there have been BS calls but the only thing I want to hear from Schwartz after this game is how the team is going to be more disciplined going forward. Seriously Young, Logan and Pettigrew...I think we have a pattern. This is two weeks in a row the Lions have been embarrassed on national television. All the progress this team has made in not being seen as a joke is going out the window.

Agreed. Completely unacceptable behavior and the coach has to address it. As Herm Edwards says, you're either coaching it, or allowing it. Neither is acceptable.

Agree the mental mistakes by our young Lions must stop. I would expect they will as this team grows and matures. Young's was a stupid rookie mistake. Pettigrew was retaliating for the flagrant defensive overplay that the official didn't call, and then lost his cool and shoved the zebra, when he intervened. Logans was totally inexcusable. The Lions coaching staff doesn't encourage this immature play. You could practically see the smoke rolling out of Schwartz's ears over the constant ineptitude of his team to stay focused and just play.

But who cares what " Herm Edwards says "

Notice he's a mouthpiece on a TV show, and hasn't been employed by a team for a while now. Wonder why that is? I rank his opinions right up there with Millen's.

December 5th, 2011, 1:08 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

georgechuvalo wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

It does not take a person with brains you obviously lack any to know that they are not coached. I will ignore anything you post in the future.

can you please ignore my posts as well?

December 5th, 2011, 1:10 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The reason the Lions lost can be broke down into two words: stupid penalties. Until they can fix that, they neither deserve nor belong in the playoffs.

December 5th, 2011, 1:24 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

There were a lot of disagreeable calls but the Lions committed plenty of boneheaded penalties and absolutely deserved to lose tonight. Every team is victimized by officiating from time to time but you can't blame the referees for bad officiating when you make so many stupid, obvious errors. Collinsworth hit the nail on the head--you'd think the team would have learned a lesson from Suh. Apparently not.

A few bright spots: Stafford was lights out. If there hadn't been so many drive-killing penalties, the game could have been close. Kevin Smith ran hard--I hope he can stay healthy one of these days. Brees did what he always does, but the defense held up better than I thought they would considering that Suh and half the secondary was missing.

slybri19 wrote:
The reason the Lions lost can be broke down into two words: stupid penalties. Until they can fix that, they neither deserve nor belong in the playoffs.

Nailed it. If they can't clean it up, they have no business in the playoffs.

December 5th, 2011, 1:28 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Schwartz summed it up when talking about Suh's penalty--between the snap and whistle, most penalties are excusable. It's the pre- and post-snap ones that are the killers. I don't believe Schwartz and co. are coaching/ignoring that. My concern is that those penalties are obviously affecting how the refs call pretty much everything.

December 5th, 2011, 1:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next