View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 11:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol 
Author Message
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


December 5th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



It should have been done weeks ago.....by a number of veterans....in a players only meeting.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



And it definitely needs to be told to the players by the coaching staff and management as well......

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 5th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
Agreed, but finally I'm glad someone is speaking up and trying to get this team back on track. Maybe Dom is a messed up version of Dr. Phil and get this team where they need to be mentally.

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


December 5th, 2011, 4:56 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 1:17 pm
Posts: 391
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
m2karateman wrote:
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



It should have been done weeks ago.....by a number of veterans....in a players only meeting.

Perhaps it was. I do like it though, at least someone's taking ownership

_________________
Image
2011 AAL: Jahvid Best
Rushing: 390 Yards : 4.6 YPC : 2 TD : 65 YPG
Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions


December 5th, 2011, 7:36 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
m2karateman wrote:
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



It should have been done weeks ago.....by a number of veterans....in a players only meeting.

m2k, you are probably right but keep in mind that even the vets on the team are'nt really used to a winning enviroment. But in any case, the running game isnt a good excuse anymore why we've ben losing. The ONLY thing stopping us from competing are these mental lapses. How did Young not know how huge his punch was(and that's his second time doing that this year. He was bailed out by Brandon Carr retaliating the first time). I wanted to waterboard Pettigrew for shoving the ref(refs already hate us) but Brandon Pettigrew is hands down the most frustrating player on the team. And as much as I'm a Nate Burleson fan, I'm ready to cut him after this season. I've never seen a WR accumulate as many penalties as he's gotten this season.

But I think this is a wakeup call and I'm happy with how Raiola and Stafford responded. I really hope that Suh was disgusted with what he saw(if they have TVs on Olympus).

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


December 5th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



It should have been done weeks ago.....by a number of veterans....in a players only meeting.

m2k, you are probably right but keep in mind that even the vets on the team are'nt really used to a winning enviroment. But in any case, the running game isnt a good excuse anymore why we've ben losing. The ONLY thing stopping us from competing are these mental lapses. How did Young not know how huge his punch was(and that's his second time doing that this year. He was bailed out by Brandon Carr retaliating the first time). I wanted to waterboard Pettigrew for shoving the ref(refs already hate us) but Brandon Pettigrew is hands down the most frustrating player on the team. And as much as I'm a Nate Burleson fan, I'm ready to cut him after this season. I've never seen a WR accumulate as many penalties as he's gotten this season.

But I think this is a wakeup call and I'm happy with how Raiola and Stafford responded. I really hope that Suh was disgusted with what he saw(if they have TVs on Olympus).


Agree with the Pettigrew part, Disagree with the Burleson part.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


December 5th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 347
Location: Michiana
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
SOMEONE certainly needed to say it. It's like the Offense decided that the Defense was getting to much attention for being dirty so they had to step it up. :( I think they REALLY need to take a good look at themselves and show some restraint and poise going forward or they are NEVER going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs, nor are they going to get calls FOR them either. It seems to me like so much of what has turned this team around compared to 0-16 IS that aggressive, ain't gonna take no isht from anybody attitude that established them as a team you have to respect. I like that no one thinks they are a bunch of P****ies you can walk all over. But at the same time they need to channel that intensity and keep their heads and play within the rules.

This is gonna sound silly, but send them ALL to some form of group "Anger Management Class". Instead of Dr. Phil have a nice little classroom chat with "The Mother Theresa of Football" Tony Dungy or something. I'm only half joking about that.

It's one thing to have a guy who's job PUNISH the QB make questionable plays and boil over because the Offensive Line on the opposing team is playing dirty or trying to bate him, but when your WR punches a guy well after the whistle with a ref in arm's reach, your TE SHOVES a ref, and your return guy throws the ball at an opponent all in the same game SOMETHING is wrong. The truth is they are a generally YOUNG team, but we've been complaining about a lack of discipline in Detroit for DECADES.

I don't want Schwartz to be an @hole about it and loose the respect of the players for having Todd Haley outbursts on the sidelines all game long, I don't want Schwartz or the FO benching guys left and right and making them mad for that reason, but I DO think they need to do something to fix the attitude of this team.

Up until these last 2 games I didn't think the "Dirty" label fit, but they have earned it lately. Every opponent out there from now on will be baiting them trying to get them to snap. The refs might be harder on them because they've done it over and over again, etc. Until they clean it up this WILL hurt them.

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


December 6th, 2011, 4:27 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
bishop14772 wrote:
His comment, everyone in this locker room is over 21 years old, you know how we get rid of these dumb penalties...Grow the F*** Up as he proceed to say it to the whole locker room screaming it at the players. Love it. One of the players need to get everyone in line.

Coming from a veteran, I'm so happy that he is trying to set these guys straight. You wanna complain about the reason we lost the game, because the other team was being dirty, refs are against us. He is saying Grow the F*** up and play ball. He knows what kind of a team they can be and they do need to grow up, love what he said. Just wanna get your comments on it and what you think about it.



I'm glad these things are being said by the veterans and I'm even happy to see Raiola as a participant in that. But I'm no where near ready to anoint Raiola as 'the voice of veteran leadership'. He's had PLENTY of his run ins with fans and situations where he's lost his head in years past. He's a part of the solution but not the biggest part.

_________________
Image


December 6th, 2011, 7:20 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
LionFan57 wrote:
I'm glad these things are being said by the veterans and I'm even happy to see Raiola as a participant in that. But I'm no where near ready to anoint Raiola as 'the voice of veteran leadership'. He's had PLENTY of his run ins with fans and situations where he's lost his head in years past. He's a part of the solution but not the biggest part.


With all due respect, how does run ins with the fans hurt the team on the field? Answer: it doesn't. I don't condone the manner in which Raiola acted towards the fans, but I understand it. At that time, fans were pretty damn obnoxious towards the players at just about every game. I'm sure any of us in his shoes would get upset as well. He couldn't contain himself any longer. As I said, I don't condone it, but at least it's understandable. However, it's never cost the Lions anything on the field of play.

As for those saying that this teams leaders and vets don't know how to win, that's complete and utter BS. Most of the veterans on this team have come from winning franchises. Tulloch and KVB from a Tennessee team that has been competitive for years. Chris Houston was with Atlanta when they started winning. Chris Harris with the Bears, Corey Williams with Green Bay, Rob Sims with Seattle.......the list goes on. All these veterans know how to win. Not to mention that all of these guys were with successful programs in college.

Enough with the "don't know how to win" crap. These guys have played football for years, some of them for decades. Hitting another player after the whistle isn't acceptable on any level of football. And enough with calling Schwartz a "rookie" head coach. He isn't. He's been the head coach for nearly three seasons now. His rookie status left in January of 2010. Nobody calls Stafford a rookie any longer. Why should that still be associated to Schwartz?

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 6th, 2011, 10:56 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
Good for Dom. I heard his rant on the radio yesterday and it's something that needed to be done IMO. The veteran leaders on this team need to step up like he did and hold everyone accountable. Sure, the coaches need to do their job too, but sometimes peer pressure from teammates can be more effective. Let's see if the team responds to it.

_________________
Image


December 6th, 2011, 11:25 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
slybri19 wrote:
Good for Dom. I heard his rant on the radio yesterday and it's something that needed to be done IMO. The veteran leaders on this team need to step up like he did and hold everyone accountable. Sure, the coaches need to do their job too, but sometimes peer pressure from teammates can be more effective. Let's see if the team responds to it.


Agreed. I also read somewhere that Vanden Bosch confronted Suh in the locker room following the Thanksgiving game. This is exactly what "veteran leadership" is supposed to do when their teammates are making youthful errors.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


December 6th, 2011, 11:55 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
I'm glad these things are being said by the veterans and I'm even happy to see Raiola as a participant in that. But I'm no where near ready to anoint Raiola as 'the voice of veteran leadership'. He's had PLENTY of his run ins with fans and situations where he's lost his head in years past. He's a part of the solution but not the biggest part.


With all due respect, how does run ins with the fans hurt the team on the field? Answer: it doesn't. I don't condone the manner in which Raiola acted towards the fans, but I understand it. At that time, fans were pretty damn obnoxious towards the players at just about every game. I'm sure any of us in his shoes would get upset as well. He couldn't contain himself any longer. As I said, I don't condone it, but at least it's understandable. However, it's never cost the Lions anything on the field of play.

As for those saying that this teams leaders and vets don't know how to win, that's complete and utter BS. Most of the veterans on this team have come from winning franchises. Tulloch and KVB from a Tennessee team that has been competitive for years. Chris Houston was with Atlanta when they started winning. Chris Harris with the Bears, Corey Williams with Green Bay, Rob Sims with Seattle.......the list goes on. All these veterans know how to win. Not to mention that all of these guys were with successful programs in college.

Enough with the "don't know how to win" crap. These guys have played football for years, some of them for decades. Hitting another player after the whistle isn't acceptable on any level of football. And enough with calling Schwartz a "rookie" head coach. He isn't. He's been the head coach for nearly three seasons now. His rookie status left in January of 2010. Nobody calls Stafford a rookie any longer. Why should that still be associated to Schwartz?


My point about Raiola is that if I were a player I wouldn't see him as a credible leader. Yes, he's a seasoned veteran and yes, he's passionate about the game. However he's not especially good at his craft and he's a well known hot head himself. Not losing your temper is going to make you better on the field. So if I'm Titus Young for example, I'm probably less interested in Raiola's leadership than someone else's, such as Calvin Johnson.

The players are going to choose their own role models, leaders and players they respect. As I said, I'm glad Raiola is involved and speaking out but he's by no means the best leader on that offense and he can't do it alone anyway. If he's the only locker room leader available for the offense then we've got serious problems.

_________________
Image


December 7th, 2011, 6:25 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
My questions is in regards to SUH: Do you think there is a possibility that he began to believe the hype? Last year he exploded on the scene and no one really understood how to handle him. He became the DROY, and this year people had more of an opportunity to game plan for him. But with all of the talk based on year 1 performance, he now needed to meet a standard. So if he got a big head based upon what he brought to the game, and his first years experience, could that have contributed to the player we have now?

I believe it's a maturity thing, and if Mean Joe or some other player that played with that kind of intensity is around, I say line him up with SUH as a mentor. It's kind of like he's the Tyson of Football, and we need to harness the power, and strength before he starts biting ears off, do you see what I mean?

I think Dungy would be an excellent mentor for him as well, and I am pretty sure that if SUH got on board with it, you'd see a different man. But what concerns me is the APPEARANCE of self-destructing as seen by the car accident, the woman who says he lied about the accident (on aol yesterday), and football issues.

If the media can demonize people at will, destroying their lives in the pursuit of "freedom of the press", don't you think that amount of pressure and hurtful speech can overwhelm a 23 year old man who is running around in levels of fame, that we will probably never see or understand?

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


December 7th, 2011, 9:11 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Raiola's post game interview after the saints....lol
LionFan57 wrote:
My point about Raiola is that if I were a player I wouldn't see him as a credible leader. Yes, he's a seasoned veteran and yes, he's passionate about the game. However he's not especially good at his craft and he's a well known hot head himself. Not losing your temper is going to make you better on the field. So if I'm Titus Young for example, I'm probably less interested in Raiola's leadership than someone else's, such as Calvin Johnson.

The players are going to choose their own role models, leaders and players they respect. As I said, I'm glad Raiola is involved and speaking out but he's by no means the best leader on that offense and he can't do it alone anyway. If he's the only locker room leader available for the offense then we've got serious problems.


I understand your point, but the fact is that Raiola is the most vocal player on the offense, other than maybe Nate Burleson. Looking for Calvin to step up is akin to having looked at Barry to step up. Great talent doesn't equal leadership skills. If players want to base their game on a player, than look to Calvin, look to Stafford. However, sometimes it's not about the game, and this is certainly one of those instances. This isn't about studying film, or practice habits, or work out habits. This is about losing your cool on the field and getting hit with stupid penalties at crucial points in the game. For that, players CAN look to Raiola, because I can't remember a time when he's committed a holding penalty, or hit a guy after the whistle, at a crucial point in the game. While his abilities aren't Pro Bowl caliber, he gives it his all and doesn't quit. THAT is the qualities the players need to follow, not simply the talent. Chad Johnson had a ton of talent, so did Terrell Owens. But I certainly wouldn't want any players following their selfish leads.

Basically, there is no other player on offense willing to take up the torch and say "follow me". Raiola is one of the most tenured players on this team. By all accounts, he has great work ethic and good repoire with the team in general. I don't see his being outspoken about the obvious as being a bad thing. It would be worse if nobody said a word.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


December 7th, 2011, 10:47 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.