View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Burleson/Young 
Team MVP

Post Re: Burleson/Young
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I do think Titus could end up being that guy. He isn't really that tall, but he plays much taller than he is. He has really good hands, and adequate speed. I don't think Nate is good enough, but Titus may be.

I really wouldn't mind drafting a WR with our first round pick if a Johnny Baldwin type of player is there. That said, as everyone knows, I would prefer to fix the OL. I've already said that the Cs coming out this year really don't blow my skirt up. Maybe an OG to replace Peterman (whom I realize isn't the worst player on our OL)? There are some decent OGs coming out this year. I would love to replace Backus, but I doubt we'd get a better player for next year at LT with our current draft slot. I wouldn't want to replace him in the draft with someone that's going to cause the team to regress for a season. We're too close to being good. I would be happy with an OG that can start this year with Peterman on the bench, that eventually slides over to take Doms spot. Dom is over-paid, and is the cause of some of at least some of our OL woes (btw... how'd you guys like that clipping penalty last week? ;-) )...

Given the talent available in the draft, unless someone falls or a great OG is available, I think a CB or LB is actually the best choice if we stay at or around 26.

While i 100% DISagree about drafting a WR in round 1, I 100% Agree that CB or LB is our best choice at 26, if we stay there. Depending on where we end up, i can really see the Lions moving up this year and taking one of the top CBs. Not only because we are desperate for a good one, but also because of what we were apparently giving up to trade up to take Patrick Peterson last year.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 6th, 2012, 8:30 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
While i 100% DISagree about drafting a WR in round 1, I 100% Agree that CB or LB is our best choice at 26, if we stay there. Depending on where we end up, i can really see the Lions moving up this year and taking one of the top CBs. Not only because we are desperate for a good one, but also because of what we were apparently giving up to trade up to take Patrick Peterson last year

if we can move up high enough to draft one of the top CBs ie Kirkpatrick or Claiborne than yes i agree with a CB but at 26 I dont think we re necessarily landing a player thats better than Houston, Wright and probably not even Berry. People are panicking bc of the Packers game but the Lions pass defense including the secondary has been very good if you are looking at the season overall and comparing relative to other teams this season rather than comparing historically. We need an OLB badly to replace Levy - one that can blitz and cover, ie Julian Peterson mold but not washed up. I think Burfict could be that guy w ridiculous physical skills but he may not be a good mix for what at times was an undisciplined team this season.

January 6th, 2012, 9:24 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
I do think Titus could end up being that guy. He isn't really that tall, but he plays much taller than he is. He has really good hands, and adequate speed. I don't think Nate is good enough, but Titus may be.

Nate doesnt quite have the physical tools but is a good guy to have as a possession guy. When he drops the ball its a real killer as it is with Pettigrew. Possession guys cant drop the ball which these guys do a lot of. I think Young is a big play threat who can also make possession plays and it looks like he is starting to hit the growth part of the learning curve. We ll see how far that takes him but we re still always going to look at ATL and be jealous that they have Julio Jones. Build the run game as you are saying and you dont need to rely on the possession players as much.

Quote:
I really wouldn't mind drafting a WR with our first round pick if a Johnny Baldwin type of player is there. That said, as everyone knows, I would prefer to fix the OL. I've already said that the Cs coming out this year really don't blow my skirt up. Maybe an OG to replace Peterman (whom I realize isn't the worst player on our OL)? There are some decent OGs coming out this year. I would love to replace Backus, but I doubt we'd get a better player for next year at LT with our current draft slot. I wouldn't want to replace him in the draft with someone that's going to cause the team to regress for a season. We're too close to being good. I would be happy with an OG that can start this year with Peterman on the bench, that eventually slides over to take Doms spot. Dom is over-paid, and is the cause of some of at least some of our OL woes (btw... how'd you guys like that clipping penalty last week? ;-) )...

I wouldnt mind the WR either provided its a steal, someone that has no business being picked where he is or someone that we are just flat out certain of AND that the year is 2013 - for now there are more needs and unless they can be addressed in free agency I vote for observing Young s improvement and seeing how Burleson holds up for another season before I pull the trigger on it. 100% agree that the OL needs upgrades and its time to start getting them before we absolutely have to, ie we need to let them learn a little so they arent spending their rookie seasons learning on the field at the expense of Stafford's health

January 6th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4