View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
liontrax wrote:
The Lions BARELY beating the Vikes just goes to show how far we have yet to go, to becoming a legitimate contender. Feel like we are a couple of solid drafts away yet.

I don't think anyone has ever said that the Lions have arrived.

December 11th, 2011, 7:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

liontrax wrote:
The Lions BARELY beating the Vikes just goes to show how far we have yet to go, to becoming a legitimate contender. Feel like we are a couple of solid drafts away yet.

ya, i guess the whole secondary bein hurt and having to play rbs from off the street had nothing to do with it huh? we were missing a draft class IN THAT GAME.

I wont even mention Suh & Fairley

December 11th, 2011, 7:48 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 11-recap13

Recap is up.... To summarize - whew!

December 11th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

And the Bears got Tebowed. 6th seed is ours with 2 game advantage. Have tiebreaker over Bears now.

December 11th, 2011, 8:41 pm
NFL Team Captain

We needed the win, but wow, we almost blew it. I know we are missing some guys but so were they and they almost made a Lion comeback to win. Too close for me, but I'll take the win no matter how close they are.

How about Alphonso Smith, welcome back to the roster!!!

December 11th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Div 1 - Starter

njroar wrote:
And the Bears got Tebowed. 6th seed is ours with 2 game advantage. Have tiebreaker over Bears now.

How do we have a tiebreaker over the Bears?

December 11th, 2011, 9:16 pm
Div 1 - Starter

IMHO, the Vikings ended up outplaying the Lions minus the 6 turnovers. They totally ran all over them. It was as though there were two games. The Lions beat the Ponder-Vikings 31-14 and then lost to the Webb-Vikings 14-3 and almost 21-3.

When the Vikings scored their last touchdown to pull within six, I was thinking to myself, "oh shoot" they're going to pay back the Lions for what the Lions did to them in Minneapolis. I was pretty convinced that it was over when the Vikings were driving on that final drive. Our defense just could not stop the Webb-led Vikings. (We allowed a 65 yd TD run by a quarterback? Holy cow!)

The game is just never over with these guys.

December 11th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Growler wrote:
IMHO, the Vikings ended up outplaying the Lions minus the 6 turnovers. They totally ran all over them. It was as though there were two games. The Lions beat the Ponder-Vikings 31-14 and then lost to the Webb-Vikings 14-3 and almost 21-3.

When the Vikings scored their last touchdown to pull within six, I was thinking to myself, "oh shoot" they're going to pay back the Lions for what the Lions did to them in Minneapolis. I was pretty convinced that it was over when the Vikings were driving on that final drive. Our defense just could not stop the Webb-led Vikings. (We allowed a 65 yd TD run by a quarterback? Holy cow!)

The game is just never over with these guys.

i am just as nervous when we are up 20 as i am down 20

December 11th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Varsity Captain

As far as the D is concerned, I loved Smith's game and Tulloch's as well. Didn't hear or see much from anybody else. I know that we have alot of injuries, mainly in the secondary, but that is still no excuse for what happened today. On D nearly everybody sucked. Secondary, I'll let slide for the injury factor but only a bit.

LBs....Tulloch, Tulloch, Tolluch. I heard Carpenter's name called once and that's about it

Dline? KVB (and I love the dude) looked old and tired. SLH needs to lose about 50 lbs. Corey Willams needs to stay right where he lines up and let the play come to him. Cliff Aviril? How in the hell do you get an offside penalty on an obvious spike play?

Backups at all positions are just that.

Our Oline sucks from left to right. I don't care about Riola's heart or Backus' expiereance. Sims played about average. Peterman.....name says it all. Godser is nothing more than a backup at this level.

TE's played well save a couple drops.

RBs.....poop happens

Matty....great accuracy. Little too much with the happy feet, although I can't say who would have done better with Jared "bunghole" Allen in my back pocket the whole game. What did he have, about 10 sacks?

Recievers can't catch perfectly thrown balls and STs continue to find ways to be penalized 20 yds from the great return.

Jason being Jason.

Overall the 1st half team deserved to win. The second half team deserved to play CMU in a bowl game. Just sayin

December 11th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Growler wrote:
njroar wrote:

H2H against common opponents. The Bears just lost their edge with the loss today.

December 11th, 2011, 9:55 pm
QB Coach

Growler wrote:
njroar wrote:

As of right now we have a better division record (Chicago has 2 division games left and we have 1) and we have a better record in common games (by 1 game). If we end up tied with Chicago, it will all come down to who we beat. Right now our conference record is 6-5 and theirs is 6-3. All their games are conference games and we only have GB left. If they win any of their games, it'll give them the edge in conference games. However, it will only get that far if we're tied in common games. So let's not end up tied with Chicago.

December 11th, 2011, 10:04 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

As the saying goes--sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Injuries/suspension hurting us big time. Maybe that's why Avril didn't get the big extension? Our ends look very plain without Suh in there. SLH and C. Williams are the same type of players--run stuffers not sack artists. Glad Alphonso's back. Any word on Berry? Me thinks it's time to give Vasher a call.

December 11th, 2011, 10:24 pm
QB Coach

Didn't the Bears lose to KC 10 - 3, and Detroit blew out KC, and now the Bears lost to Denver 10 - 7, another team the Lions blew out. So how does that rate in games in common for us having the upper hand?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 11th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

thelomasbrowns wrote:
As the saying goes--sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Injuries/suspension hurting us big time. Maybe that's why Avril didn't get the big extension? Our ends look very plain without Suh in there. SLH and C. Williams are the same type of players--run stuffers not sack artists. Glad Alphonso's back. Any word on Berry? Me thinks it's time to give Vasher a call.

Don't forget that Lawrence Jackson has been out a few weeks. The DEs are having to play more snaps than usual. The DTs were in the same boat today with Suh AND Fairley out.

December 11th, 2011, 10:27 pm

I love what Avril tried to do and I'm surprised not many more people have tried to break through and get the game ending sack(prolly because of what happened today) but you know there wont be a snap count and the o-line does'nt expest you to bust through there knowing that a spike was coming. If he waited 1 more second, he probably would've forced an intentional grounding penalty or gotten the sack.

December 11th, 2011, 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next