View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Vikings II
Once again, penalties almost killed the Lions. They are good enough to overcome them against the Vikings, but I doubt that they can against the Raiders, Chargers, or Packers. Until they clean that up, I don't think they deserve to make the playoffs. Throw in the injuries, missed tackles, and other stupid mistakes, and I'm not very confident in this team.

December 12th, 2011, 12:10 am
Veteran General Manager

thelomasbrowns wrote:
As the saying goes--sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Injuries/suspension hurting us big time. Maybe that's why Avril didn't get the big extension? Our ends look very plain without Suh in there. SLH and C. Williams are the same type of players--run stuffers not sack artists. Glad Alphonso's back. Any word on Berry? Me thinks it's time to give Vasher a call.

Avril plain? It was Avril harassing Ponder most of the time until Ponder left the game. It was Avril that caused the fumble that was recovered in the end zone. Granted Avril seamed to disappear after Webb came in..... Because they moved him back into a LBer role to spy Webb after that 65 yard TD.

December 12th, 2011, 12:13 am
Veteran General Manager

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Didn't the Bears lose to KC 10 - 3, and Detroit blew out KC, and now the Bears lost to Denver 10 - 7, another team the Lions blew out. So how does that rate in games in common for us having the upper hand?

Yes, we have the upper hand ...NOW. We needed them to lose to both Denver and KC. And they did. All we need to do now is keep 1 ahead in the win column to avoid giving the NFL a chance to screw us again due to some BS technicality.

December 12th, 2011, 12:16 am
Stadium Announcer

Not to put a rain on everyones parade...but the bears are not the only team to worry about now...Cowboys and Giants are both have 7 wins now...there starting to creep up so the lions need to beat AT LEAST OAK and SD, possibly if GB decides not to go for a perfect season they will rest starters in the last game and we can go 4-0 headin to the playoffs. Not likely with the way they played but...GO LIONS!!!!!

btw...does Aaron Rodgers make it look so friggen easy or what.

also...I heard on the end of the game on the fox post game report that the guys were saying that the lions got a gift for not getting that facemask called and the nfl is gonna have to answer questions on why that was so...ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME!!!!! The lions finally have a no call go their way and the analysts wanna penalize them for it. Im starting to hate the NFL in general. ANTI DETROIT I swear

December 12th, 2011, 3:33 am
Position Coach

slybri19 wrote:
Once again, penalties almost killed the Lions. They are good enough to overcome them against the Vikings, but I doubt that they can against the Raiders, Chargers, or Packers. Until they clean that up, I don't think they deserve to make the playoffs. Throw in the injuries, missed tackles, and other stupid mistakes, and I'm not very confident in this team.

Throw in 6 takeaways and no giveaways while your at it. If we win enough games, we deserve to go to the playoffs it's pretty simple at this point. We'll take a win however we can get it at this point in the season.

December 12th, 2011, 5:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

When you allow the 2nd & 3rd QB's of a 2-10 team to score 28 points you can hardly be considered a 'formidable' defense and I don't care how many starters are out. Especially when the Lions blew a 31-14 halftime lead and were one blown penalty call away from losing the game altogether.

They got lucky on Sunday and there's no doubt about it!

This team needs to win 2 out of the next 3 just to have a chance to go on the road in the playoffs. With a 5-0 start they should have never allowed themselves to get into this position.

December 12th, 2011, 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

LionFan57 wrote:
When you allow the 2nd & 3rd QB's of a 2-10 team to score 28 points you can hardly be considered a 'formidable' defense and I don't care how many starters are out. Especially when the Lions blew a 31-14 halftime lead and were one blown penalty call away from losing the game altogether.

They got lucky on Sunday and there's no doubt about it!

This team needs to win 2 out of the next 3 just to have a chance to go on the road in the playoffs. With a 5-0 start they should have never allowed themselves to get into this position.

Agree we should be better, but with GB in our division, a road game in the playoffs has always been the most we could aspire to (this year anyways).

And yes, Webb is the 2nd (formerly 3rd) QB on the team, but I remember him beating a pretty good Eagles team in the thick of the playoff hunt last season.

December 12th, 2011, 7:37 am
3rd Round Selection

bishop14772 wrote:
Not to put a rain on everyones parade...but the bears are not the only team to worry about now...Cowboys and Giants are both have 7 wins now...

Yes but they play each other again too. So only one of those teams can go 10-6 and that team will win the division. The best the wild card team from the NFC East can do is 9-7.
bishop14772 wrote:
also...I heard on the end of the game on the fox post game report that the guys were saying that the lions got a gift for not getting that facemask called and the nfl is gonna have to answer questions on why that was so...ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN ME!!!!! The lions finally have a no call go their way and the analysts wanna penalize them for it. Im starting to hate the NFL in general. ANTI DETROIT I swear

There was an equally blatant face mask against a Lions player earlier in the game that got completely missed by the officiating crew. So things evened up in that game :)

December 12th, 2011, 7:41 am
Hall of Fame Player

ESPN.com wrote:
Levy-Webb: The face mask that wasn't
Dec 119:31PM ET
By Kevin Seifert

Detroit's DeAndre Levy appears to grab Vikings quarterback Joe Webb's facemask on the last play.
AP Photo/Carlos Osorio

Judge for yourself. Here is the photo evidence of a clear face mask penalty that occurred on the final play of the Detroit Lions' 34-28 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy sure seems to have a firm grasp of Vikings quarterback Joe Webb's face mask, an act that by NFL rules should have given the Vikings one untimed down at the Lions' 1-yard line. Mike Pereira, former NFL vice president of officiating, said via Twitter that officials missed the call but noted the play occurred with Webb's back to the official in charge of monitoring the play and that it was "hard to see."

Lions coach Jim Schwartz considered it payback, if anything. The Lions have one of the NFL's highest total of accepted penalties this season.

"All I saw was the ball come out," Schwartz said. "I haven't seen the replay. But don't tell me about getting away with penalties."

You have to love Schwartz' comment!!

December 12th, 2011, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

"I haven't seen the replay. But don't tell me about getting away with penalties."

BEST SCHWARTZ QUOTE EVER!

December 12th, 2011, 9:54 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Injuries/suspension hurting us big time. Maybe that's why Avril didn't get the big extension? Our ends look very plain without Suh in there. SLH and C. Williams are the same type of players--run stuffers not sack artists. Glad Alphonso's back. Any word on Berry? Me thinks it's time to give Vasher a call.

Avril plain? It was Avril harassing Ponder most of the time until Ponder left the game. It was Avril that caused the fumble that was recovered in the end zone. Granted Avril seamed to disappear after Webb came in..... Because they moved him back into a LBer role to spy Webb after that 65 yard TD.

I missed the first quarter unfortunately, and I know Avril had several "splash" plays, but in the other quarters I did not see the consistent pressure we've become accustomed to.

December 12th, 2011, 9:57 am
Veteran General Manager

thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I missed the first quarter unfortunately, and I know Avril had several "splash" plays, but in the other quarters I did not see the consistent pressure we've become accustomed to.

Because when Webb came in, the Lions moved him into a Linebacker role to spy on Webb and keep him in the pocket after his 65 yard TD happened. So, your right. He didn't create any pressure from that point on. Because, he wasn't supposed to.

December 12th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Position Coach

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Because when Webb came in, the Lions moved him into a Linebacker role to spy on Webb and keep him in the pocket after his 65 yard TD happened. So, your right. He didn't create any pressure from that point on. Because, he wasn't supposed to.

Anyone who saw the game knows that Avril was awesome, even as a spy doing things that don't show up on NFL.com

December 12th, 2011, 6:42 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Killwill25 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Anyone who saw the game knows that Avril was awesome, even as a spy doing things that don't show up on NFL.com

Avril had a hell of game, and I feel it really sparked the team and set the tempo.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 13th, 2011, 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

If the Lions had lost that game, would they have set an NFL record as the only team to lose a game with a +6 turnover differential?

December 13th, 2011, 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next