View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vandenbosch 
Heisman Winner

Post Vandenbosch
It's time to go. Thanks for your efforts, but I can't watch you rush up the field one more time taking yourself out of the play and costing us first downs any longer.

Your speed is gone. Your awareness is for sh!t. How many times do I have to watch you give up the edge in your relentless pursuit of a QB while the other team runs inside and outside of you.

It's time to address this spot.

December 18th, 2011, 8:08 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Vandenbosch
Not in the middle of the season, but I would keep him to teach the replacements and provide depth for next year.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 18th, 2011, 8:28 pm
RIP Killer

It's too bad that his rushing wide outside is what he's supposed to do.

How about you blame the people responsible...the coaches and the LBers

December 18th, 2011, 8:32 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:

It's really too bad that you don't watch football. It's an exciting game.

December 18th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Heisman Winner

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Not in the middle of the season, but I would keep him to teach the replacements and provide depth for next year.

Don't get me wrong. There's not much we can do about it now but he clearly needs to get relegated to a situational role for next year. I respect him for what he's done in the NFL but his days as an every down guy are over. If he cant get to the QB, he's a total liability.

Great win today though. I was jumping out of my socks.

December 18th, 2011, 8:49 pm
RIP Killer

yostevo wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

It's really too bad that you don't watch football. It's an exciting game.

It's funny you're an idiot and don't understand football...

December 18th, 2011, 8:52 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

yostevo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Don't get me wrong. There's not much we can do about it now but he clearly needs to get relegated to a situational role for next year. I respect him for what he's done in the NFL but his days as an every down guy are over. If he cant get to the QB, he's a total liability.

He's supposed to rotate with Lawrence Jackson. He's playing too many snaps right now. Lo Jack probably returns next game--should do wonders for KVB.

December 18th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Team MVP

Ya I think KVBs days are getting near the end, but I also think its part of the way the defense is and how the coaches are asking him to do that.

No need for arguments guys, we just won!

Go Lions!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 18th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Varsity Captain

I love KVB but enough is enough. He is taken or takes himself out of every play.
He has done absolutely nothing for our defense. Heart can only take you so far. All you have to do is look is look at Backus and Riola. Yes they have the drive to win but you cannot help your team when your laying on the ground or being 10 yrds down field while your QB is getting crushed.

IMO Kvb is a HOF. His skills and speed have eroaded to the point that the only reason he is still a starter is because LoJack and Willie are not healthy. We can't leave him out there just beacuse he's a good guy. His veteran presence went to hell when he didn't step up and tell these kids how it is. His value to this team was as a veteran leader. The job is not getting done. He is not the only vet that is not performing but he is the one with the highest pay and visibility.

We better hit FA hard because we surely cannot draft enough starters to fill the holes.

I don't mean to blame everything on KVB but he is the most visible. He is the one that should have taken Suh aside and told him what was up. If it happen he didn't do a very good job.

Draft a starting DE and give the responsability to take care of him to Suh.

It will work. At least I hope so.

December 18th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Team MVP

Boz wrote:
I love KVB but enough is enough. He is taken or takes himself out of every play.
He has done absolutely nothing for our defense. Heart can only take you so far. All you have to do is look is look at Backus and Riola. Yes they have the drive to win but you cannot help your team when your laying on the ground or being 10 yrds down field while your QB is getting crushed.

IMO Kvb is a HOF. His skills and speed have eroaded to the point that the only reason he is still a starter is because LoJack and Willie are not healthy. We can't leave him out there just beacuse he's a good guy. His veteran presence went to hell when he didn't step up and tell these kids how it is. His value to this team was as a veteran leader. The job is not getting done. He is not the only vet that is not performing but he is the one with the highest pay and visibility.

We better hit FA hard because we surely cannot draft enough starters to fill the holes.

I don't mean to blame everything on KVB but he is the most visible. He is the one that should have taken Suh aside and told him what was up. If it happen he didn't do a very good job.

I think LoJack is capable of being the starter.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 18th, 2011, 11:44 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Boz wrote:

I agree that he is going to need to be replaced next offseason(LoJack please) or at least be backup/situational guy.

The problem I have with this post is we have no clue what he did or didn't say to the young guys making the stupid mistakes. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to go through the media with his problems. You shouldn't assume he isn't being a leader just because we aren't seeing it, or hearing it through the media.

December 18th, 2011, 11:52 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
The problem I have with this post is we have no clue what he did or didn't say to the young guys making the stupid mistakes. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to go through the media with his problems. You shouldn't assume he isn't being a leader just because we aren't seeing it, or hearing it through the media.

We can deduce from the fact that the team lacks leadership, that KVB isn't being a leader--or at least, not enough of one.

If he isn't providing the veteran leadership to prevent stupid penalties or performing well enough on the field, his value to the team is gone.

December 19th, 2011, 1:02 am
All State

How do can you deduce that ? Cause dudes are out there committing stupid penalties ?So when your child eff ups in school, is that bad parenting ? Or just a child doing what he is going to do , good , bad, parenting .. These are grown men, and its the pro's .. KVB is getting old, but he is playing to the scheme and the LB's cough LEVY cough need to get it together

December 19th, 2011, 8:00 am
Heisman Winner

mwill2 wrote:
yostevo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

He's supposed to rotate with Lawrence Jackson. He's playing too many snaps right now. Lo Jack probably returns next game--should do wonders for KVB.

I think this is spot on. With a lead, I think KVB can situationally rush the passer but how many times yesterday did Oakland run a misdirection play into his vacated spot because he'd rush drastically inside or outside of the tackle? It was mind boggling. I get that the wide 9 creates certain responsibilities for everyone but KVB is playing way out of control. Maybe before when he had speed he could get away with it, not so much now.

You want to root for the guy because he's all motor and heart but he's really getting exposed at the moment.

December 19th, 2011, 11:49 am
RIP Killer

Detroit_LIons wrote:
KVB is getting old, but he is playing to the scheme and the LB's cough LEVY cough need to get it together

+1, Levy can't shed a block to save his life and his gap is where teams keep attacking. This side of the field really needs to be addressed.

December 19th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next