View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Vandenbosch 
Team MVP

Post Re: Vandenbosch
Pablo wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
KVB is getting old, but he is playing to the scheme and the LB's cough LEVY cough need to get it together

+1, Levy can't shed a block to save his life and his gap is where teams keep attacking. This side of the field really needs to be addressed.

Yup! And watching very closely, im not that impressed with his coverage neither.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 19th, 2011, 1:04 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
kdsberman wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:
KVB is getting old, but he is playing to the scheme and the LB's cough LEVY cough need to get it together

+1, Levy can't shed a block to save his life and his gap is where teams keep attacking. This side of the field really needs to be addressed.

Yup! And watching very closely, im not that impressed with his coverage neither.

I say Levy goes before KVB.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 19th, 2011, 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't have an issue with KVB just yet, but he probably only has a year or two left in the tank. As mentioned previously, due to the "Wide 9" technique the Lions use quite often, his sole purpose from that formation is to get to the QB. With 8 sacks on the year, I feel he has done a decent job of it too. I know it sometimes looks bad during running plays, but the fault lies with the coaches calling the play instead of KVB or the other DEs.

December 19th, 2011, 1:56 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 19th, 2011, 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
I don't have an issue with KVB just yet, but he probably only has a year or two left in the tank. As mentioned previously, due to the "Wide 9" technique the Lions use quite often, his sole purpose from that formation is to get to the QB. With 8 sacks on the year, I feel he has done a decent job of it too. I know it sometimes looks bad during running plays, but the fault lies with the coaches calling the play instead of KVB or the other DEs.

And yet, according the OP, I need to start watching the games, because the LBers (levy) and the coaching scheme is not the problem...

#-o

December 19th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Boz wrote:
I love KVB but enough is enough. He is taken or takes himself out of every play.
He has done absolutely nothing for our defense. Heart can only take you so far. All you have to do is look is look at Backus and Riola. Yes they have the drive to win but you cannot help your team when your laying on the ground or being 10 yrds down field while your QB is getting crushed.

IMO Kvb is a HOF. His skills and speed have eroaded to the point that the only reason he is still a starter is because LoJack and Willie are not healthy. We can't leave him out there just beacuse he's a good guy. His veteran presence went to hell when he didn't step up and tell these kids how it is. His value to this team was as a veteran leader. The job is not getting done. He is not the only vet that is not performing but he is the one with the highest pay and visibility.

We better hit FA hard because we surely cannot draft enough starters to fill the holes.

I don't mean to blame everything on KVB but he is the most visible. He is the one that should have taken Suh aside and told him what was up. If it happen he didn't do a very good job.

Draft a starting DE and give the responsability to take care of him to Suh.

It will work. At least I hope so.

Actually, Durant and Tulloch are supposed to slide up and plug the gaps when it is a run. They are the ones failing miserably. KVB, has, for the most part, been doing his job correctly. In this defense the SAM Backer is supposed to cover the TE.

December 19th, 2011, 11:08 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:

+1+1

KVB is doing exactly what he's supposed to. He is going wide when the situation calls for it. In the wide 9 technique, he is supposed to attack the backside shoulder of the quarterback and drive anything inside of that. The linebackers are supposed to pick up the inside gap, or the safety on that side, if the LB is taken out of that spot due to motion or something else. When KVB works inside, that is a designed stunt typically. Sometimes he'll work inside because he realizes the tackle is immediately shifting his weight to his outside foot, and taking the inside route gets the tackle off balance and allows him to get to the QB quicker. If the play just happens to go outside of him, then his timing was poor, but not his actions.

I agree that Kyle is not the player he once was, and that he should be relegated to third down situational pass rush duties. I could buy that change, with LoJack being the primary player at the RDE position. But KVB definitely doesn't suck.

December 19th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Agree with M2k.

At least for next season he is still at the least a 3rd down / Guaranteed Pass down Rusher, while still leading by example on and off the field, and a team captain.If not this draft then the following draft we will have to get a top level DE to bring in.

December 20th, 2011, 3:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

KVB is doing fine and while i would say his skills have declined from his prime they have definitely not eroded. i want and expect him back. the nature of being a passrushing DE and in the scheme the lions are using is that teams will be able to hit him for draws and reverses. when he sees toss away from him he should and does get back down the line of scrimmage but when they run a endaround instead of a true reverse he s going to get burned. avril is fast as .... and can get back down the line so he doesnt get burned the same way but its more the scheme and not the player. there have been other times such as vs joe webb when gunther should have asked the ends to contain rather than rush upfield.

levy is a below average linebacker that almost always takes the path of least resistance (ie doenst fight across the face of the blocker to the ball) bc he cant fight off a block but is too slow to consistently make effective stops attacking in that way (chasing from behind). he is slow in reading run/pass and allows for slant plays over the middle when he bites on play action and also only rarely makes downhill plays vs the run. he racks up big tackle numbers bc teams are identifying him as a weakness purposely running at him. tulloch and durant are far superior players although durant has been slowed by some injuries this season.

December 22nd, 2011, 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2