View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Predictions: Chargers at Lions 

Who will win?
Lions 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Chargers 30%  30%  [ 8 ]
Too close to call 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 27

Predictions: Chargers at Lions 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Predictions: Chargers at Lions
After watching the Chargers destroy the Ravens last night, this game scares me. Also, did you know that San Diego is 23-2 in December with Rivers at QB? That's an absolutely crazy stat that shouldn't be discounted. While the Lions could win this game, I think the defense is too beat up to stop The Charger offense right now.

CHARGERS 31 LIONS 24

December 19th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Predictions: Chargers at Lions
The over under on this game could be set at 70 and I still might bet the over. Whoever has the ball last I'm thinking. I'm not at all impressed with SD's defense and I feel having this game at home will be enough for the Lion's to pull it out. An effective Kevin Smith will be the key IMO.

Detroit 37

San Diego 34

December 19th, 2011, 2:28 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

The Chargers got some good play out of their system, so maybe they'll be poised for a let down.

December 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Lions win and here is why, at home and the teams knows playoffs is right there everyone can smell it.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 19th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Chargers win. Why? Most of them have been here before, struggling to earn a playoff spot in December. They are putting it together and they know they have to win their division to get in. If the Chargers lose to Detroit, they have pretty much driven themselves out of the playoff hunt. The Lions, on the other hand, played well in the last five minutes of the Oakland game, but once again where were they in the first 55 minutes? They are still highly inconsistent and that won't fly against a team like the Chargers who are hitting their stride.

Chargers 34
Lions 20

December 19th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It'll be all about getting to Phillip Rivers and beating the hell out of his whiney @$$.

December 19th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Team MVP

I voted Too Close to Call. The Chargers do have a very talented offense, and I havent been too impressed with our defense this year. I hate to say it, but Im feeling a close loss on this one. Then again, we are home and that paired with the added motivation of trying to get to the playoffs could get us a win. I guess if I were a Chargers fan answering this question, I would think that we (chargers) are playing pretty good lately, but Im worried about Stafford, who is playing awesome, and CJ, who is probably the best WR in the game.

So..im still saying too close to call.

Either way, GO LIONS!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 19th, 2011, 11:48 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quick question for those in the know. We're a four o'clock game. Could something happen in the 1 o'clock games to eliminate SD from playoff contention?

December 20th, 2011, 9:21 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quick question for those in the know. We're a four o'clock game. Could something happen in the 1 o'clock games to eliminate SD from playoff contention?

If Buffalo beats Denver at noon the Chargers can't win the division. They need the Broncos to lose their final two and win their final two.

As for the wildcard, the Ravens or Steelers are both 3 games up so that is on spot gone. The Jets and Bengals have 8 wins and both play at noon, since the Chargers lost to the Jets if they both finished tied (and no other team has that record) the Jets get in. The Raiders are also 7-7, they play at noon but I don't think we will know for sure.

December 20th, 2011, 10:28 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

If Buffalo beats Denver at noon the Chargers can't win the division. They need the Broncos to lose their final two and win their final two.

As for the wildcard, the Ravens or Steelers are both 3 games up so that is on spot gone. The Jets and Bengals have 8 wins, I'm just not sure of the tie breakers there but both also play at noon.

I think you mean Denver beating Buffalo, right? From what I've read, if Denver wins, the Chargers are out of playoff contention.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 20th, 2011, 10:52 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

As for the wildcard, the Ravens or Steelers are both 3 games up so that is on spot gone. The Jets and Bengals have 8 wins, I'm just not sure of the tie breakers there but both also play at noon.

I think you mean Denver beating Buffalo, right? From what I've read, if Denver wins, the Chargers are out of playoff contention.

Yes, sorry. I don't see how they could be out of the wildcard race. The Jets are currently in the 6th spot with just one more win. If they lose out they are 8-8, while the Chargers could finish 9-7.

December 20th, 2011, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Yes, sorry. I don't see how they could be out of the wildcard race. The Jets are currently in the 6th spot with just one more win. If they lose out they are 8-8, while the Chargers could finish 9-7.

Looks like it was my turn to be wrong. I meant the Chargers were out of contention for the division title. I'm not sure on their wild card chances. Either way, the Lions just need to win one game and they should be in.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 20th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Pro Bowl Player

slybri19 wrote:
After watching the Chargers destroy the Ravens last night, this game scares me. Also, did you know that San Diego is 23-2 in December with Rivers at QB? That's an absolutely crazy stat that shouldn't be discounted. While the Lions could win this game, I think the defense is too beat up to stop The Charger offense right now.

CHARGERS 31 LIONS 24

The Lions are 2 - 1 in December with Stafford. Let's hope they close the gap on this stat :)

December 24th, 2011, 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Lions 48 Chargers 33.

December 24th, 2011, 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Walk On

If we can go into the 2nd half with a 2 possession lead, I like our chances greatly. We have been able to stop the pass with great success this year. I expect Rivers to turn the ball over at least two times this game.

What it boils down to is, can we stop the run? If we are forced to play 8 men in the box, it will be a long game for our D. Their OL is in shambles though, I fully expect to win the battle in the trenches and in turn, the game. Oakland has better lines than the Chargers do and Palmer played lights out last game, but Rivers will be running for his life behind his line.

Lions- 31

Chargers- 24 (with a TD in garbage time)

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

December 24th, 2011, 3:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next