View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lions sign Joique Bell 
League MVP

Post Lions sign Joique Bell
http://www.freep.com/article/20111226/S ... ive-roster

Quote:
The Detroit Lions have signed former Wayne State running back Joique Bell to their active roster, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Bell had been on the New Orleans Saints' practice squad.

More on this story to come from freep.com.

keiland williams or aaron brown cut?

December 26th, 2011, 4:49 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Lions sign Joique Bell
Here's more:
Detroit News wrote:
Report: Lions sign former Wayne State star RB Joique Bell

Former Wayne State star running back Joique Bell appears to be coming home to Michigan.

Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com reported Monday that the Lions have signed Bell, who has been on the Saints' practice squad.

Bell, 25, hasn't had a single carry in an NFL regular-season game since signing with the Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He's also spent time with the Eagles and Colts.

He was on the Saints' practice squad, despite leading the team in rushing and receiving during the preseason.

Bell, a Benton Harbor, Mich., native, was a record-setting performer at Wayne State. As a senior, he rushed for 2,084 yards and 29 touchdowns and won the Harlon Hill Trophy, awarded to the top player in the nation in Division II.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20111226/SPORTS0101/112260384/1126/SPORTS0101/Report-Lions-sign-former-Wayne-State-star-RB-Joique-Bell

I was hoping that the Lions would sign him as an UDFA two years ago, but I'm glad they've got him now. I have no idea who they have released though.

December 26th, 2011, 5:10 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Ah, good. It's too bad that he won't be up to speed and comfortable with the playbook until next season.

December 26th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

BTW, they signed him for two years, so he can compete for a roster spot next season. I'd imagine that Morris and Williams would be the odd men out, so Best, Leshoure, Smith, and Bell could be their backfield next season. We'll have to wait and see.

December 27th, 2011, 1:14 am
Div 1 - Starter

I'm under the impression that Jahvid Best's NFL career is pretty much over, which is sad. Is there some sort of a rule that says that if he suffers one more concussion (next season) that he's done?

December 27th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Growler wrote:
I'm under the impression that Jahvid Best's NFL career is pretty much over, which is sad. Is there some sort of a rule that says that if he suffers one more concussion (next season) that he's done?

I think his career is over too Growler. The kid has suffered too many concussions going back to College and IMO continuing is not a wise choice.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 27th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm of the opposite feeling about Best's career, but it's good to have insurance. I think Bell will be a decent pick up, but I'm not expecting him to be a game breaker. I liked him coming out of Wayne State and I'm glad he's going to be given a shot in Detroit.

Aaron Brown was cut to make room for him on the roster.

December 27th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Div 1 - Starter

When I was reading Wayne's post, I read "Bell" and had a flashback to Tatum Bell (who may have tried to lift Rudi Johnson's luggage).

December 27th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]