View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 It's not as bad as it seems. 
Veteran General Manager

Post It's not as bad as it seems.
First off:

The NFL thinks the Lions are so good that it is just not fair to opposing teams that the Lions should only have to play the opposing team. Therefore, we must also play the REFS every week also. Just to make it fair.

We are now the proud owners of the very same 6th seed that Green Bay used last year to win the Super Bowl.

You can live 100 more years and you will never see a QB throw 5 TD's and for more than 500 yards AND LOSE again.

Matt Flynn had the greatest game a backup QB ever has had/ever will have. Probably the best game he will ever have for his whole career.

Next:

The very last team I wanted the Lions to see in the playoffs was Dallas. Dallas would hold the revenge factor for additional motivation. As far as the Giants go, The Lions traditionally play the Giants tough. But, who knows? We didn't play them this year. So, neither team would have the revenge factor.

Next:

Any other match up we can get, we will own the revenge motivation factor.

Next:

The Last time we faced N.O., we were without Suh and Delmas. Both should be back this time.

Next:

We simply scored too fast against the 49ers. Or that game was a win. We simply left too much time on the clock. I doubt Alex Smith has a game like that against us again.

And finally:

It is nearly imposable for 1 team to beat another team 3 times in 1 season. So, if we meet GB again in the playoffs, we will have that going for us plus the revenge factor X2. We will win the 1 that matters.

January 1st, 2012, 8:38 pm
League MVP

Post Re: It's not as bad as it seems.
revenge factor isnt the most important thing in the world. it can motivate you during the week leading to a game but thats about it. lions have a shot vs new orleans as long we dont self destruct. one positive i took out of this game was that despite repeated terrible calls and blown non calls in this game and a meltdown by schwartz the lions continued to play (though its arguable that the d may never have shown up). if they dont self destruct vs new orleans and get delmas and berry back they should have a shot.

January 1st, 2012, 8:54 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
The Legend wrote:
revenge factor isnt the most important thing in the world. it can motivate you during the week leading to a game but thats about it. lions have a shot vs new orleans as long we dont self destruct. one positive i took out of this game was that despite repeated terrible calls and blown non calls in this game and a meltdown by schwartz the lions continued to play (though its arguable that the d may never have shown up). if they dont self destruct vs new orleans and get delmas and berry back they should have a shot.

I agree. We have a shot and I see this being close.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 2nd, 2012, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Absolutely have a shot. Are the Saints a better team? Most would agree that they probably are. But i know one thing, Schwartz, Stafford, and the rest of that locker room arent thinking for one second that they dont have a chance.

As cheesy as this may sound, we as fans and the Lions team have got to believe that they can do it.

Remember when most thought that the sizzling hot Chargers were gonna come in and hand us a loss? Most of us thought that. But the whole Lions team believed that wasnt going to happen. That they would play their best game, be smart, and make plays when it counts. Look what happened.

Saints are a very very good team, and do they have a better shot at winning? Probably. But I for one believe the Lions can do it and will watch it Saturday night with full confidence.

Whos with me?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 2nd, 2012, 4:24 pm
Stadium Announcer

we beat ourselves and we were in that game all the way until about the fourth quarter last time we played the saints...absolutely agree we have a shot. Still the saints arent gonna be looking to get beat by an "inferior opponent" for an early playoff exit either. Gonna be fun to watch Saturday cant get here sooner.

January 2nd, 2012, 4:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

This will be a controversial statement, but our pass offense can go toe-to-toe with the Saints. Our defense is overall better. The one place they have us clearly beat is in run offense.

Keys to winning:
K. Smith has to have a decent game--hopefully he can play like he did in the first game before reinjuring the ankle.
Pass rush--Fairley was wreaking havoc before he got hurt. Hopefully Suh can get things going again. (On a side note--you can see the value C. Williams brings to the D--Killer was 100% on that front).
Avoid dumb penalties--I think Schwartz will have the team on its best behavior.

No team is unbeatable. We can do this.

January 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]