HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15545
Page 1 of 1

Author:  georgechuvalo [ January 4th, 2012, 3:49 am ]
Post subject:  Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons

Author:  thegodjr [ January 4th, 2012, 4:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

thanks for clearing things up. It can be tough after a loss, but stick with it. That kind of negativity doesn't belong anywhere, though, especially not here. Stay positive, this team already accomplished all they needed to this year (make the playoffs) and the sky is the limit.

As long as you can stay positive and take the team for what they are, both good and bad, you will be a productive member of this forum. Don't be so down in all your posts and I'm sure other members won't mind reading them once in a while :wink:

GO LIONS! :cheers:

Author:  BillySims [ January 4th, 2012, 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

I actually think that Their TE Graham was the difference between us winning and losing in the first match up between us. ( Besides getting completely REFFED, N.O. didn't get it's 1st penalty until there was 2.5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter? I call BS. And I don't mean Barry Sanders! )

Anyway, if we can take Graham away, I think we win.

Author:  m2karateman [ January 4th, 2012, 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

Negativity is going to happen in fan forums, even for those perennial playoff teams. However, with the Lions having their best season in well over a decade and going to the playoffs, now is not the time for it. We ALL want the Lions to win. Realistically the odds are very much against them. But it certainly doesn't mean they have no chance. They will have to play their very best game of the year, because they will have to beat not just the Saints, but the SuperDome crowd and the officiating.

That said, remember that at the beginning of the season most of us stated that if the Lions get into the playoffs, we'd be satisfied with that and consider this a successful season.

Count me as satisfied.

I have been among the first on this forum in various threads to point out the woulda/coulda/shoulda of some of the Lions losses (and even a couple wins) of why they don't, in my mind, qualify as a Super Bowl contender just yet. However, getting into the playoffs is the first step toward being just such a team. Hopefully the team continues on the right track and can build on the foundation of talent they now have in place.

Go Lions!!

Author:  Lions2SB2 [ January 4th, 2012, 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

m2karateman wrote:
Negativity is going to happen in fan forums, even for those perennial playoff teams. However, with the Lions having their best season in well over a decade and going to the playoffs, now is not the time for it. We ALL want the Lions to win. Realistically the odds are very much against them. But it certainly doesn't mean they have no chance. They will have to play their very best game of the year, because they will have to beat not just the Saints, but the SuperDome crowd and the officiating.

That said, remember that at the beginning of the season most of us stated that if the Lions get into the playoffs, we'd be satisfied with that and consider this a successful season.

Count me as satisfied.

I have been among the first on this forum in various threads to point out the woulda/coulda/shoulda of some of the Lions losses (and even a couple wins) of why they don't, in my mind, qualify as a Super Bowl contender just yet. However, getting into the playoffs is the first step toward being just such a team. Hopefully the team continues on the right track and can build on the foundation of talent they now have in place.

Go Lions!!


It also not a BAD thing there is negativity on a forum.

Author:  mactank [ January 4th, 2012, 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

georgechuvalo wrote:
What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons


As for the Green Bay game, I would like to thank bad officiating for that loss. They most CERTAINLY altered the outcome of the game, but I will admit that our secondary did not show up that day.

Everyone practiced but Calvin, who's resting his achilles. He missed two practice days last week as well, shoud be GTG for Saturday. All signs are pointing towards Delmas starting. Fairley practised, but with an obvious limp.

What this means, is that the Saints will get a Lions team with an offense running on all cylinders, and a defense that will be 100%, which wasn't the case the last time these two teams met. If the Lions play disciplined ball without stupid penalties, there is no reason why they shouldn't beat the Saints.

Author:  LionFan57 [ January 5th, 2012, 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

mactank wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons


As for the Green Bay game, I would like to thank bad officiating for that loss. They most CERTAINLY altered the outcome of the game, but I will admit that our secondary did not show up that day.

Everyone practiced but Calvin, who's resting his achilles. He missed two practice days last week as well, shoud be GTG for Saturday. All signs are pointing towards Delmas starting. Fairley practised, but with an obvious limp.

What this means, is that the Saints will get a Lions team with an offense running on all cylinders, and a defense that will be 100%, which wasn't the case the last time these two teams met. If the Lions play disciplined ball without stupid penalties, there is no reason why they shouldn't beat the Saints.


I agree with everything you said except the part about the bad officiating being responcible for the GB loss. It changed the game but we didn't lose for that reason. Those were blown calls against our offense that still scored 41 points. If you score 41 points in a game you're going to win 90+% of the time. We lost that game becuase the defense gave up 45 points. They should have NEVER allowed that and I don't care who you're playing. That's why Schwartz was angry after the game. (As was I).

Other than that, I'm with you 100% on this Saints game Saturday!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/