View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Bears fans ripping Lions...again 
RIP Killer

Post Bears fans ripping Lions...again
This is just hilarious, check it out. The funny thing is, a Bears fan who goes by the moniker "TheBearsRule" actually defends the Lions :shock: Definately read the response by "TheBearsRule," it's great.
http://bears.hosttown.com/index.php?showtopic=54288

"This is all the lions fans talk about. Are they kidding?

For starters Charles Rogers is in his 3rd year and has barely played a full game.

Roy Williams did good, but he turned into a possesion receiver. You never saw him streak down the sideline and flat out beat a corner back or safty. They couldn't even take advantage of the Green bay mis match with there pathetic corner backs and league worst secondary.

At least Bernard Berrian beat a few corners for a few spectatular over the shoulder catches.

This is bad for Detroit who think he is the greatest thing since swiss cheese. In-fact, in the division Roy williams didn't make a single impact play.

Since I have the NFL package, I can't remeber to many impact plays ( game changing) plays that Roy williams did.

Did he put up some good numbers...yea, but a lot of garbage numbers Deep ins and outs......THATS IT.

Geez, Harrinton, Williams, Jones, Bly, haven't got your team any where ( but detorit is going to the super bowl evey year" )"

This is far from the universe Moss, Harrison, Owens, Javon walker. Not even considered top 10.

Who Mike Williams? Hasn't played for a year. Nothing to even comment. Some analyst think he is going to be a bust. Just another rookie that hasn't played against the elite player..

The draft pick hurt there team. BIG TIME. needed defensive help, another QB, and RB depth....

See.... something detroit fans don't understand, College has a pathetic talent pool. Top 5 picks ( which detroit has a century of ) doesn't get you what you think you are getting. or help your team. These players are breaking tackles, out running defensive players that will never even be drafted.

Detroit has 3 receivers that haven't proved a single thing. Period. Case closed. School out.

Harrington can't throw deep. Period. Case closed. School out.

Harrington is a bust in every facet of the game.

.....and if J. Garcia can help them and get there tam to 8-8 for the last time in over 10 years, and the receivers actually make an impact....

its all good for the rest of the league, and they will all leave, becasue there is NO NFL team that can afford to PAY 3 receivers BIG STAR MONEY......LOL.... LOL.....LOL.....LOL....LOL....LOL...

Detroits draft pick just helped the NFL. Free agent signings in 2-3 years.

And the fact they try to compare Moose to any of the Williams is a joke.

Moose is proven receiver, led the league in receptions a few seasons ago, and puts up over 1,400 yards and 14 tds.

they don't hold a candle in the wind to a performance like that .....PROVEN....

Detroit has nothing today, maybe soemthing in the future...but nothing today...just a hope of glimmer...

"The Lep has spoken, quote the lep never more" B)"

Last edited by conversion02 on May 16th, 2005, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2005, 8:24 am
Site Admin

May 16th, 2005, 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

This is what happens when you keep the Bars open until 4AM. You get Bear fans with liquid courage.

. :puke:

May 16th, 2005, 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I just read their thread, I have never been so pissed of in my life. What a bunch of morons. Calling Shaun Rogers average, KingJones below average, and Boss Bailey way below average is just stupid. Its fine that they don't like us, but they don't have to be stupid. TheBearsRule actually was realistic.

May 16th, 2005, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

Actually it looks like BearsRule has matured. He used to come on the DL site a few years back and talk some crazy smack. Actually he was talking big time the year they went 13-3 and that next off season. We didn't see much out of him after that. Several of us told him that season was a fluke, but he wasn't buying it!!!

It was nice to see they do have some people that know football over there. Even if they don't like the Lions (and they shouldn't I hate the Bears) at least they can be objective and realize we are starting to come around as a team. Even us Lions fans can't agree on some of our players such as Joey, and even C.Rogers for example.

May 16th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Junior Varsity

Calling S. Rogers average completely discredited his entire rant. Several professional analysts have called him the best, if not one of the best DT's in the NFL. If any of the players mentioned could be called average, it would be Muhsin, their only "proven" WR. In 10 years, he's had only 3 with 1,000+ yards and averages a whopping 4.4 TD's per, which can be vastly misinterprated because last year, where he put up almost 1/3 of his career total. "The Lep" may very well x himself when Muhsin shows his realistic ability, putting up numbers only comparable to any other team's 3rd receiver and he realizes that 25-30 carries a game in the NFL, for Benson, is slightly different than college. Illinois must have the same regulations, or lack there of, on alcohol content as Canada. At least his consumption will dull the pain once the season has set in.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1203

May 17th, 2005, 7:20 am
RIP Killer

Calling S. Rogers average completely discredited his entire rant. Several professional analysts have called him the best, if not one of the best DT's in the NFL. If any of the players mentioned could be called average, it would be Muhsin, their only "proven" WR. In 10 years, he's had only 3 with 1,000+ yards and averages a whopping 4.4 TD's per, which can be vastly misinterprated because last year, where he put up almost 1/3 of his career total. "The Lep" may very well x himself when Muhsin shows his realistic ability, putting up numbers only comparable to any other team's 3rd receiver and he realizes that 25-30 carries a game in the NFL, for Benson, is slightly different than college. Illinois must have the same regulations, or lack there of, on alcohol content as Canada. At least his consumption will dull the pain once the season has set in.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1203

haha, nice. Yeah, it is pretty funny.

Apparently there's a vote for the NFC's best RB on the Bears forum as well. Somehow, Benson has 2 more votes than KJ. Apparently the guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL is the 2nd best RB in the league. WTF? How does that work? Oh wait, we're talking about the Bears. Does anyone else know that the Bears OL sucks (even with Fred Miller) and Benson will be hard pressed to spank 1000+ this year?

I still don't understand this man-love obsession with Mush. He's NOT that good! They're giving him money as if he plays (consistantly) like Jerry Rice's 49er days.

Last edited by conversion02 on May 17th, 2005, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2005, 7:37 am
RIP Killer

FRIENDS, MICHIGANDERS, LIONS FANS!!

Let the Bears fans, Packer fans and Viking fans talk trash all they want. Have we learned nothing from some of the rants that Lions fans have posted in the past, only to be laughed at hysterically in mid-season? All this posturing and rhetoric will not do the team or ourselves any good. Let them work themselves into a foam mouthed frenzy, convincing themselves of their teams superiority over the Lions. It will do them no good come August.

I realize this is a slow (near dead) time for football fans and that creating 'forum fodder' is the best alternative to ease the boredom. But let us act civil and leave the others to their ridiculous beliefs. They have shot themselves in the foot with their idiotic postings and have lost credibility even among their own people.

May 17th, 2005, 9:39 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Let the Bears fans, Packer fans and Viking fans talk trash all they want. Have we learned nothing from some of the rants that Lions fans have posted in the past, only to be laughed at hysterically in mid-season? All this posturing and rhetoric will not do the team or ourselves any good. Let them work themselves into a foam mouthed frenzy, convincing themselves of their teams superiority over the Lions. It will do them no good come August.

Mike, Thanks for being a voice of reason. What you state is something that everyone should absolutely heed. Getting in on ridiculous discussions w/ fans on the other teams in our division just gives them more fuel to add to the fanning fire. That is why we have this site so that we can talk amongst true Lions and FOOTBALL fans and not have to listen to those ridiculous rants.

Anyway, it is no fun to talk trash unless you have something to back it up with. Hopefully, this season will give us all the satisfaction we need to be able to just ignore these chumps.

Tim

May 17th, 2005, 10:04 am
RIP Killer

First of all, nobody was talking trash or getting involved in discussion in other teams' forums. It's just something I found and thought was hilarious (plus the guy has horrible grammar and spelling, so I found that funny as well). As a Lions fan, obviously, I found it funny and thought other Lions fans would as well. Nobody was "trolling."

I, personally, do not regularly check Bears forums. I was given a link, by a friend, for a thread that was funny - this one. Hence the reason I checked it out.

Last edited by conversion02 on May 17th, 2005, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2005, 10:11 am
Peewee Leaguer

Post I agree as well.....
I agree, arguing now doesn't and won't prove anything. Besides all that does is provoke the "how many times has Detroit won a Super Bowl" comment, after statistically beating them in the now, it usually ends in that hit. Our time to strike is when we've swept all division teams or at least made the playoffs when they didn't.

May 17th, 2005, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

First of all, nobody was talking trash or getting involved in discussion in other teams' forums. It's just something I found and thought was hilarious (plus the guy has horrible grammar and spelling, so I found that funny as well). As a Lions fan, obviously, I found it funny and thought other Lions fans would as well. Nobody was "trolling."

I, personally, do not regularly check Bears forums. I was given a link by a friend of a thread that was funny - this one. Hence the reason I checked it out.

I wasn't accusing anyone in this forum of trashing. What I was alluding to was the discussion about why the Bears fans would call Kevin Jones 'decent', and Shaun Rogers 'average'. It does no good to question why, because it is simply explained.....jealousy and immaturity. As for 'trolling', Lions fans have as much right to look at other teams forums as their fans do of looking at ours. I don't find that too terrible. But I noticed one fan with the forum name of RoyKevin2005 trying to defend the Lions on the Bears forum. I think that's kind of ridiculous. It would be like a cat trying to pick a fight in a kennel full of pit bulls. You just don't stand a chance because of sheer numbers, no matter what your quality of information or statistics are. What was much better were the Bears fans that were defending the Lions players abilities versus the Bears players and calling for that posters (Evil Lepraucan) ban from that forum. Now THAT'S funny! :lol:

Last edited by m2karateman on May 17th, 2005, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
RIP Killer

Cool Mike. I was under the wrong assumption. I just didn't want people to think that I was "trolling" in other teams' forums and posting it here to stir up controversy. I was given the link and decided to check it out.

I guess, I was really surprised and how realistic a couple of those Bears fans were. I go to school where EVERYONE from Illinois claims Chicago as their hometown (even if they're from Springfield/Peoria area) and they're all similar to that poster "Evil Lepraucan." It's rough.

May 17th, 2005, 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]