View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pro Bowl 
QB Coach

Post Pro Bowl
I didn't see this anywhere but I may have missed it.

Lions only have 1 Pro Bowl player, Calvin Johnson.

December 27th, 2011, 8:41 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Pro Bowl
Wow, Ratliff and raji over suh. Pathetic.

Eli over stafford. Awful. Oh, and Eli has two very good rbs...stafford had 1 for about 5 games
Yards - stafford > Eli
TDs - stafford > Eli
Ints - stafford > Eli
Rating - stafford > Eli

Stafford better win comeback player of the year or it will be a complete sham.

Also, stafford, suh, and delmas have all been named as alternates.

A whole lot of pathetic packer love going on.

Hester not going? Teams cut punters who kick to him!

Briggs? Orakpo was better all year. Briggs was out of position way, way too often and showed his age this year. Still a top LB, but not a top 5

December 27th, 2011, 9:17 pm
Team MVP

Stafford is WELL deserving of a Pro Bowl spot. Really disappointing to not see him on there.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 27th, 2011, 9:53 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pro bowl is a joke.. and has been for a long time.

1) Why are fans voting on it at all? Retarded to give NFL Backend Honors off Fans popularity voting. Make Pro Bowl Voting Players/Coaches/FOs only, and you cant vote for anyone on your own team. Simple. Then have The "All Bud Team or All pepsi Team or whatever corporate jackoff sponsor you want for fan based voting.

2) Why does the voting start partway through the year. You should be able to even cast a vote until After week 17, and you should have only 1-2 weeks to vote it based on the whole body of work.

Its 1 of the few things that the NFL does even worse than other leagues sham allstar games, and its a travesty that they continue to beat the drum about it year after year like it means diddly squat. It s a bigger sham that teams write bonuses into contracts in some cases.. for what amounts to a popularity contest.

Sorry to rant but its 1 of the few HUGE turnoffs about the NFL that rears its ugly head every single year, yet they refuse to do anything logical about it.

December 27th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Charlotte Observer (per Dave Birkett) reports Cam Newton as 1st alternate. That means Stafford finished fifth at best.

December 27th, 2011, 10:27 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

stafford and avril not making it is a serious joke. JUst like the pro bowl

December 27th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Man, F*** the pro bowl. Eli may not have even gotten his team to the playoffs.

December 27th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

And the Pro Bowl Popularity Contest continues..... :roll:

December 28th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Never been a fan of people using the Pro Bowl to defend the greatness of the player even when it was in support of Lion players. I much prefer All Pro consideration and letting the film do the talking.

December 28th, 2011, 1:53 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

mwill2 wrote:
Charlotte Observer (per Dave Birkett) reports Cam Newton as 1st alternate. That means Stafford finished fifth at best.

Stafford is 3rd alternate behind Newton and Romo. That should tell everyone how seriously these votes can be taken. :roll:

December 28th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Hall of Fame Player

DJ-B wrote:
Pro bowl is a joke.. and has been for a long time.

1) Why are fans voting on it at all? Retarded to give NFL Backend Honors off Fans popularity voting. Make Pro Bowl Voting Players/Coaches/FOs only, and you cant vote for anyone on your own team. Simple. Then have The "All Bud Team or All pepsi Team or whatever corporate jackoff sponsor you want for fan based voting.

2) Why does the voting start partway through the year. You should be able to even cast a vote until After week 17, and you should have only 1-2 weeks to vote it based on the whole body of work.

Its 1 of the few things that the NFL does even worse than other leagues sham allstar games, and its a travesty that they continue to beat the drum about it year after year like it means diddly squat. It s a bigger sham that teams write bonuses into contracts in some cases.. for what amounts to a popularity contest.

Sorry to rant but its 1 of the few HUGE turnoffs about the NFL that rears its ugly head every single year, yet they refuse to do anything logical about it.

I have no problem with fans voting. But, I think it's stupid that 1 guy can vote a billion times. It should be 1 person 1vote.

December 28th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Baton Girl

The pro bowl voting is nothing more than a popularity contest. I personally think that there should be a panel that selects using stats for the year as a guideline. I also think that starting the process so early hurts players that crank it up a couple of notches in the last few games (such as Stafford).

December 29th, 2011, 10:09 am
Varsity Captain

Until the voting is either taken away from the fans or use a system that makes their votes a great deal less important, this game will mean absolutely nada!

Way too many players from the Packers, Bears and 9ers. The Packers and 9ers both had great seasons. The Bears? How do you suck so bad and still put that many players in the P.B.?

While it still pissess me off, I really hope that other teams think so poorly of us. This is a classic oppourtunity to jump up and bite some of these teams right in the rectum.

Let's Go Lions :arrow: :arrow: :cheers:

December 29th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Stafford being the third alternate is a joke. I'm not that upset about him not being in the top 3 since that's a close call, but 6th? And to be beaten out by Newton AND Romo? The voters ought to be ashamed of themselves.

December 31st, 2011, 2:07 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Pro bowl is a joke and waste of time. You know, I wonder what ratings are for this game, some odd reason I think it's low.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 6th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next