View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel All NFC North Team 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel All NFC North Team
slybri19 wrote:
KVB converted $3.69M of his 2011 salary into a signing bonus, so his proration is $1.23M for the next two years. If he were to be cut, the Lions would take a cap hit of $2.46M, but would add $3.77M of cap space. I don't think that will happen though.

As for Corey Williams, when he was traded to the Lions, the Browns absorbed his entire remaining bonus proration. That doesn't follow a player to his new team if he is traded or claimed on waivers. Therefore, the Lions would save his entire $4.9M salary and $100K roster or workout bonus with no cap hit.

Based on what's bolded, the Lions need to either cut him or offer him an extension which would allow them to spread that money out over a couple years or three. He's not worth $5M of cap space any longer. If they can work out a deal to keep him another two years, but reduce his cap number down to about $2M or $2.5M, I'd be OK with that deal.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3