View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Free Agency 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Free Agency
Killwill25 wrote:
I see carl nix coming to the D

Only if Tampa Bay is playing a road game. :P http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7684603/tampa-bay-buccaneers-add-carl-nicks-eric-wright-signing-vincent-jackson

However, Dave Birkett just tweeted that Eric Winston will be visiting. That would be a tremendous upgrade at RT if Mayhew can land him.

March 14th, 2012, 8:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Killwill25 wrote:

Assuming you meant Carl Nicks.....he already signed with the Bucs.

March 14th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Mayhew is playing this the correct way. He is bring back the guys we can and not overspending. There are plenty of stopgaps available still.

March 14th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Varsity Captain

Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Seahawks are about to release Robert Gallery. Gallery reportedly play hurt all of last year.

Any takers?

March 14th, 2012, 10:52 pm
QB Coach

Richard Marshal signs with Fins for 3 years 16M. That's pretty reasonable.

March 14th, 2012, 10:54 pm
All State

Cornerback market is drying up pretty quick. I'm hoping they take a crack at Porter or Aaron Ross while they have a chance.

March 14th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Veteran General Manager

njroar wrote:
Berry was 2nd corner for most of the year anyway. It wouldn't be a step down, but don't expect them to stop there.

Geoff Schwartz is coming in for visit - RT/G. Would be better than Gos or Peterman.

Landry is coming in for visit. Immediate upgrade in Safety position if he's 100% back from Achilles.

Ginn Jr is coming for visit. Sets WR ranks and helps ST.

They started working on Tully last night so expect something there since MLB market again wasn't anything special, but gave him chance to test it like he wanted.

With $20 million they have plenty of room to do smaller 1 year deals, or spread cap hit across 2-3 years and make that money go far. Just remember what Mayhew did last season with very little. They'll be smart and keep tweaking the roster as players become available. There's still 500+ free agents out there.

And after the draft, there will be about 250 more veterans released. Then we will find some fantastic bargains.

March 15th, 2012, 12:01 am
All State

Quote:
Free agent Marcus McNeill will visit Lions on Thursday

Posted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT

AP
The Detroit Lions’ website is reporting that the team will host free agent offensive tackle Marcus McNeill at club headquarters on Thursday.

Free agent cornerback Jacob Lacey, formerly of the Colts, will also be in Detroit, as well as free agent returner/receiver Ted Ginn. We talked more about Ginn’s visit in this previous post.

McNeill was released by the Chargers on Tuesday, but he could be a superior option to fellow free agent Jeff Backus for the Lions. Both left tackles have obvious medical concerns, but McNeill is 28 years old. Backus turns 35 this fall.

The free agent visit will be McNeill’s first since his release.

He is the No. 27 overall player on PFT’s Hot 100 list.

NICE! I still have reservations about McNeill's health at this point because of his neck injuries, but I didn't realize he was that much younger then Backus too! The talent is there, if his health is too he could be a hell of a deal compared to what he used to be making.

Our line could look a lot better of McNeill AND Winston or Schwartz are both in Detroit's sights.

Last edited by DisgruntledFan on March 15th, 2012, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 12:06 am
Veteran General Manager

mwill2 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Only if Tampa Bay is playing a road game. :P http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7684603/tampa-bay-buccaneers-add-carl-nicks-eric-wright-signing-vincent-jackson

However, Dave Birkett just tweeted that Eric Winston will be visiting. That would be a tremendous upgrade at RT if Mayhew can land him.

I would cut Gosder and give Winston Goses money in a heartbeat.

March 15th, 2012, 12:07 am
Veteran General Manager

Boz wrote:
Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Seahawks are about to release Robert Gallery. Gallery reportedly play hurt all of last year.

Any takers?

If we could get him for a little less than we are paying Peterman, yeah. And then cut Peterman.

March 15th, 2012, 12:08 am
Veteran General Manager

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Quote:
Free agent Marcus McNeill will visit Lions on Thursday

Posted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT

AP
The Detroit Lions’ website is reporting that the team will host free agent offensive tackle Marcus McNeill at club headquarters on Thursday.

Free agent cornerback Jacob Lacey, formerly of the Colts, will also be in Detroit, as well as free agent returner/receiver Ted Ginn. We talked more about Ginn’s visit in this previous post.

McNeill was released by the Chargers on Tuesday, but he could be a superior option to fellow free agent Jeff Backus for the Lions. Both left tackles have obvious medical concerns, but McNeill is 28 years old. Backus turns 35 this fall.

The free agent visit will be McNeill’s first since his release.

He is the No. 27 overall player on PFT’s Hot 100 list.

NICE! I still have reservations about McNeill's health at this point because of his neck injuries, but I didn't realize he was that much younger then Backus too! The talent is there, if his health is too he could be a hell of a deal compared to what he used to be making.

Our line could look a lot better of McNeill AND Winston or Schwartz are both in Detroit's sights.

I agree. And I would still re-sign Backus for 3 years also and move him to RT. ( I want Backus to set the ironman record as a Lion).

March 15th, 2012, 12:12 am
Team MVP

I like it. Signing McNeil would be a good thing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2012, 1:13 am
Position Coach

All these lineman seem like nice options but it would be nice to upgrade to a stonger C for When we have Leshoure and __ running the ball.

March 15th, 2012, 2:30 am
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
All these lineman seem like nice options but it would be nice to upgrade to a stonger C for When we have Leshoure and __ running the ball.

Which is where Konz would fit nicely in the picture.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2012, 4:48 am
3rd Round Selection

I think I'm one of the few on this site who actually rated Eric Wright - I thought he was a good player (maybe I've just seen too many Travis Fishers roll through town!). But even I think the deal he got from the Bucs was too much. If we needed to pay that to keep him here, best that he left.

March 15th, 2012, 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next