View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Free Agency 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Free Agency
Quote:
May 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm
Report: Grant is not coming to the Lions
By Chris McCosky

Allen Park— As was reported in The Detroit News Monday, free agent running back Ryan Grant did not visit the Lions on Monday and ESPN's John Clayton had further confirmed that Grant has no visits planned going forward.

News of Grant's planned visit and an apparent contract offer from the Lions was revealed by Grant's agent Alan Herman last week. The Lions confirmed neither the offer nor the visit.

The market for running backs has been uncommonly dry. Grant had contact with the Patriots, but they signed former Colt Joseph Addai. The Packers, with whom Grant played the past four seasons, has not made an offer to re-sign him, though they have not ruled out bringing him back.

Unless the Lions were to restructure some contracts or cut players, they wouldn't have had much salary cap space to give Grant more than the league minimum. It was believed they had less than $5 million left before signing any of their drafted rookies.

Meanwhile, according to the NFL Network, former Bengals safety Chris Crocker visited the Lions on Tuesday and will visit the Cardinals on Wednesday. Crocker, 32, and a 10-year veteran, started all 16 games last season and made 61 tackles.

You can reach Chris McCosky on Twitter @cmccosky

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... z1uJT1zMJM

May 8th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

eat a ***k, ryan grant.

May 8th, 2012, 11:41 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Can't be too upset with these shenanigans (and I suspect we aren't): we basically did the same thing to Tulloch two years in a row.

May 9th, 2012, 6:58 am
Water Boy

Detroit Lions reportedly met with safety Sean Jones
Free-agent safety Sean Jones reportedly visited the Detroit Lions this week, a source confirmed to Sirius XM Radio on ThursdaJones started every game for the past two seasons for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The eight-year veteran collected 92 tackles, one sack and one forced fumble for the Buccaneers last season.

The safety spent his first five years in the league with the Cleveland Browns, before heading to the Philadelphia Eagles and then Tampa Bay.

Jones has recorded 513 tackles, intercepted 17 passes, made four sacks and forced three fumbles in his NFL career.

The Lions have also reportedly agreed to terms with their second-round draft pick, Oklahoma wide receiver Ryan Broyles. Detroit is also in talks with first-round pick Iowa lineman Riley Reiff.

Thats from nfl.com

May 11th, 2012, 10:17 am
All State

Oh well. Benson or maybe Jacobs can probably be had for 2 mil or under towards training camp. I'm not thrilled about the durability of any of our currently signed RBs, but I wouldn't go out and spend a fortune on a vet RB either. They had their chance. If they felt Broyles was worth more to them then LaMichael James then I'd be shocked if they made a move to get another RB.

May 12th, 2012, 2:53 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Oh well. Benson or maybe Jacobs can probably be had for 2 mil or under towards training camp. I'm not thrilled about the durability of any of our currently signed RBs, but I wouldn't go out and spend a fortune on a vet RB either. They had their chance. If they felt Broyles was worth more to them then LaMichael James then I'd be shocked if they made a move to get another RB.

Jacobs is a 49er already

May 12th, 2012, 3:47 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Killwill25 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

Jacobs is a 49er already

Yes, but they're pretty stacked RB-wise. I don't think it's a sure thing that he'll stick there.

May 12th, 2012, 7:37 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

Jacobs is a 49er already

Yes, but they're pretty stacked RB-wise. I don't think it's a sure thing that he'll stick there.

I think Jacobs will replace Anthony Dixon on their roster. And that's a player I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions give a test run to. I wanted Detroit to draft him when SF did.

May 13th, 2012, 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22