View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 10:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR HIM! 
RIP Killer

Post Re: CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR H
Question: If Calvin wins, can he refuse to allow his image to be put on the cover?

April 18th, 2012, 11:01 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The fact that CJ is the sixth seed has motivated me to vote in the final round. Talk about lack of respect.

April 18th, 2012, 11:04 am
Varsity Captain

I could vote for either CJ or Cam. Both are worthy.

I'd like to see a WR on the cover for once, so I want to vote for CJ. I was going to ask permission..... nah screw it. I'm voting CJ. And you panzies that are too scared because of the curse (barf), tough it up:

1) There is no curse. It's a series of coincidences. Football players get hurt all the time, duh.
2) Curses (remember, they don't exist) are meant to be broken. See "Boston Red Sox".
3) Even if there was a curse, if CJ was the one to break it, wouldn't that just elevate his status?

Man up. Accept the challenge.

April 18th, 2012, 11:45 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
It's a series of coincidences

what if there is no such thing?

Him being on the cover of a video game doesn't matter one iota to me...
but to deny the curse exists? sorry..it's just too uncanny to call it a coincedence.

April 18th, 2012, 11:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
Question: If Calvin wins, can he refuse to allow his image to be put on the cover?

I don't know.

I do know that in the NBA players do not have that right. The League controls the players pictures. The NFL may or may not work the same way.

April 18th, 2012, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

49ers wrote:

I'd like to see a WR on the cover for once, so I want to vote for CJ. I was going to ask permission..... nah screw it. I'm voting CJ. And you panzies that are too scared because of the curse (barf), tough it up:

1) There is no curse. It's a series of coincidences. Football players get hurt all the time, duh.
2) Curses (remember, they don't exist) are meant to be broken. See "Boston Red Sox".
3) Even if there was a curse, if CJ was the one to break it, wouldn't that just elevate his status?

Tough talk coming from a guy who has NOTHING RIDING ON who gets on the cover. :roll:

April 18th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

49ers wrote:

Im not even convinced Cam was the best Rookie QB last year. BUt the masses love running QBs and hype them to no end. And the madden cover is all about Hype.

Hystrix wrote:
49ers wrote:

Tough talk coming from a guy who has NOTHING RIDING ON who gets on the cover. :roll:

In all fairness hes been asking us to Vote Willis since day 1, so he wanted to have something riding on it.

Also his Curse breaking comment resounds with me... I know its been a few years but "Curse of Bobby Layne" anyone? I'm down, lets put a LIONs player on the cover of a Madden game (again) and have a Lion Break the Curse that we supposedly started....

"Barry Sanders - Madden 2000
If you look closely, you can see Sanders in the background. The electric Lions running back started the Madden jinx by announcing his retirement before the 1999 season and never returning to the NFL."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... z1sR9cI8is

April 18th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Any 49ers fan will know that the "curse" began with Garrison Hearst (Madden 99--PAL version), not Sanders (Madden 2000).

With that said, the curse is complete nonsense. There have been a few injuries, which shouldn't surprise anyone since football players are injured frequently. The performance-based curses ("so-and-so had a bad year after he was on the cover of Madden") is usually because the player had an unusually good year, ended up on Madden, then resumed being average. Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Vince Young, and Peyton Hillis all come to mind. None of those guys were consistently awesome in the first place.

April 18th, 2012, 7:58 pm
National Champion

DJ-B wrote:
49ers wrote:

Im not even convinced Cam was the best Rookie QB last year. BUt the masses love running QBs and hype them to no end. And the madden cover is all about Hype.

Hystrix wrote:
49ers wrote:

In all fairness hes been asking us to Vote Willis since day 1, so he wanted to have something riding on it.

Also his Curse breaking comment resounds with me... I know its been a few years but "Curse of Bobby Layne" anyone? I'm down, lets put a LIONs player on the cover of a Madden game (again) and have a Lion Break the Curse that we supposedly started....

"Barry Sanders - Madden 2000
If you look closely, you can see Sanders in the background. The electric Lions running back started the Madden jinx by announcing his retirement before the 1999 season and never returning to the NFL."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... z1sR9cI8is

Not the point. The dude comes on our message board and calls us out on not wanting to vote OUR player in on a Madden cover. It dosn't affect him either way. If CJ gets hurt, it dosn't affect him. If CJ stays healthy, it dosbn't affect him. He's trying to be all brave and tough over nothing.

...Then he insults half the board.

You want to post something? Post that you respect CJ, but understand why people would be reluctant to vote. Anyone who is honest with themselves would... just sayin'.

April 18th, 2012, 9:14 pm
RIP Killer

Hystrix wrote:

Not the point. The dude comes on our message board and calls us out on not wanting to vote OUR player in on a Madden cover. It dosn't affect him either way. If CJ gets hurt, it dosn't affect him. If CJ stays healthy, it dosbn't affect him. He's trying to be all brave and tough over nothing.

You want to post something? Post that you respect CJ, but understand why people would be reluctant to vote. Anyone who is honest with themselves would... just sayin'.

Excellent points Hystrix, and I completely agree. Whether you believe in the curse or not, it cannot be denied that those players that have appeared on the cover of Madden have subsequently had some issues in that season. Whether it be injuries, bad play, etc.

Whether a person chooses to vote for CJ or not is entirely up to them, and they should not be ridiculed for it regardless of their reasons. If he wants to talk smack, we have a place for that. And it's not in this thread.

April 19th, 2012, 8:20 am
National Champion

Thanks, M2K, that's all I was sayin'.

April 19th, 2012, 8:35 am
Varsity Captain

Hystrix wrote:

There are going to be people like Hystrix in life, and I'll just have to learn how to adjust.

1) I've been voting Willis and asking for votes all along. So to say "to be all brave over nothing" is a ridiculous statement. If CJ was a 49er, I'd be saying the same exact things. Someone else already said this, and you even responded to it ("Not The Point"), then you went off on it again. lol?

2) Insult half the board? How? By saying "man up"? I don't get this part. My intention isn't to insult.

3) I do understand the SOLE reason why people don't want CJ on the cover, and it's entirely because of this curse. Well here's a little known fact for you: Curses do not exist. It's scientifically impossible. It's never been proven that they exist... because they don't exist. Then again I'm not religious, I'm not superstitious, etc. I supposedly live in a haunted house, price reduced several times and was on the market for 8 months because of the stories. I've been here for a month now. No ghosts. No mysterious things happening, because that stuff doesn't exist.

.... Unless you believe in that kind of stuff, then I guess it does, haha. I would love to see CJ on the cover, and would LOVE to see him have a great year to end all this curse talk nonsense. And you hate me for that? That's ridiculous.

April 19th, 2012, 8:37 am
National Champion

49ers wrote:
There are going to be people like Hystrix in life, and I'll just have to learn how to adjust.

Here's one for you. Man up and talk to me directly.

49ers wrote:
1) I've been voting Willis and asking for votes all along. So to say "to be all brave over nothing" is a ridiculous statement. If CJ was a 49er, I'd be saying the same exact things. Someone else already said this, and you even responded to it ("Not The Point"), then you went off on it again. lol

But CJ is NOT a 49er. So again your are "brave" for nothing.

49ers wrote:
2) Insult half the board? How? By saying "man up"? I don't get this part. My intention isn't to insult.

Hmm, you kow I should have to quote something YOU just said but ok...

You wrote:
49ers wrote:
I'd like to see a WR on the cover for once, so I want to vote for CJ. I was going to ask permission..... nah screw it. I'm voting CJ. And you panzies that are too scared because of the curse(barf), tough it up:

Then you foolowed up with:

49ers wrote:

Yeah we know players get hurt. We don't want our guy to be one.

49ers wrote:
3) I do understand the SOLE reason why people don't want CJ on the cover, and it's entirely because of this curse. Well here's a little known fact for you: Curses do not exist. It's scientifically impossible. It's never been proven that they exist... because they don't exist. Then again I'm not religious, I'm not superstitious, etc. I supposedly live in a haunted house, price reduced several times and was on the market for 8 months because of the stories. I've been here for a month now. No ghosts. No mysterious things happening, because that stuff doesn't exist.

Yep tell that to the last 11 or 12 guys on the cover. By the way, you can't prove a universal negitive. That's impossible.

49ers wrote:
.... Unless you believe in that kind of stuff, then I guess it does, haha. I would love to see CJ on the cover, and would LOVE to see him have a great year to end all this curse talk nonsense. And you hate me for that? That's ridiculous.

No, I don't care for you because of your approach. And it's double insulting because you have nothing riding on the result, but your acting all tough. Sorry you can't see that.

But I guess there are people like you in life so...

April 19th, 2012, 8:57 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
do understand the SOLE reason why people don't want CJ on the cover, and it's entirely because of this curse. Well here's a little known fact for you: Curses do not exist. It's scientifically impossible. It's never been proven that they exist... because they don't exist.

Well by that logic there is no god, Einsteins theory of relativity is crap, No one has even been able to physically prove love exists, so therefore it must not either right?

Hell if things that havn't been proven don't exist then all the researchers and scientists can all pack up and go home right?

Since you seem to be the know all end all on what truely exists and what doesn't can I just call you God? OH WAIT...then you wouldn't exist either! what a canundrum!

April 19th, 2012, 10:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

49ers wrote:

Easy for you to say. It's not your " Best WR in the League/ Maybe ever" that your talking about.

And there may be no such thing as curses. But, you can not deny how everyone that has been on that cover had a miserable season or got injured afterwards.

You want to put Burleson on the cover. Fine, we could live without him. Without Calvin for half the season, we pick in the top 10 next year.

April 19th, 2012, 10:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next