View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 4:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR HIM! 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: CJ to represent Lions for Madden cover...DONT VOTE FOR H
im glad we have a 49ers fan here to regulate our fandom

April 20th, 2012, 12:40 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:

I could not agree more. I mean so what if 10 out of 14 people got hurt while on the cover . thats barely over 70%. thank god we have a Californian to preach common sense to us.

After all, we were all hiding and stowing away the honalulu blue when the team went 0-16 so, a fan of a team that hasn't had 5 consecutive loasing seasons in almost 3 decades can SURELY tell us what being tested as a true fan is all about.

I used think the guy was alright but he's really shown the true colors of a douche bag in this thread. NO FANS outside of the browns have any right to question the fandom of Lions fans...Ok Maybe cubs fans...but thats it! lol

April 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm
National Champion

regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I could not agree more. I mean so what if 10 out of 14 people got hurt while on the cover . thats barely over 70%. thank god we have a Californian to preach common sense to us.

After all, we were all hiding and stowing away the honalulu blue when the team went 0-16 so, a fan of a team that hasn't had 5 consecutive loasing seasons in almost 3 decades can SURELY tell us what being tested as a true fan is all about.

I used think the guy was alright but he's really shown the true colors of a douche bag in this thread. NO FANS outside of the browns have any right to question the fandom of Lions fans...Ok Maybe cubs fans...but thats it! lol

/Agree.

While I like the notority the CJ is getting. And I belive he deserves these accolades, I still don't like what I see from EVERY OTHER player tthat has been on the cover. Let Cam Newton speand thebyar on IR...

April 20th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Varsity Captain

regularjoe12 wrote:
NO FANS outside of the browns have any right to question the fandom of Lions fans...Ok Maybe cubs fans...but thats it! lol

I'm not questioning it, I'm calling it out. CJ asks for your vote, and you (a supposed Lions fan) say no. You only hate the fact that I'm pointing it out and won't shutup about it, and MAYBE hate me because I voted for him. The dude is a beast, and CJ > Cam, that's why I voted for him. No other reason. I want CJ to take that "curse" and make it his bitch, and I presume he will. You aren't so confident in CJ, YOUR OWN PLAYER, and that makes me upset.

I love CJ, and I like the Lions and the city of Detroit. I've already preached my sympathy for the city and fans that have had to endure so many losing seasons at no fault of their own. I never trash talk the team, only the fans that don't support the team. Boooo!

And I'm not a Californian. I live in Vermont. I puked in my mouth a little when you called me that. :lol:

April 20th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

mwill2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:
AGAIN: It's just a picture on a cover. CJ wants to be that guy on the cover. He's asking for YOUR votes. He's a Lion, you are a fan of the Lions. You are DENYING that vote.
I'm not saying he won't get hurt, and if he did you could blame it on the curse all you want, I wouldn't, but who cares. If a 49er asked for my vote, I'd give that vote. The very fact that I'm supporting CJ more than any Lions fan here is annoying to me.

I agree with you, actually, and think it would be cool to see CJ on the Madden cover. The curse is no more real than the Easter bunny--I'm surprised by how many adults seem to take it seriously.

I don't care about the curse. I'm well grounded in reality. And reality is that if you make the cover of Madden, your career gets derailed for at least 1 year. Go ahead. deny reality now.

Every Christmas, my son wakes up and there are gifts underneath the Christmas tree. Go ahead. Deny Santa Claus now. :P

And I bet the sales receipts have YOUR credit card # on them. LOL.

April 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
NO FANS outside of the browns have any right to question the fandom of Lions fans...Ok Maybe cubs fans...but thats it! lol

I'm not questioning it, I'm calling it out. CJ asks for your vote, and you (a supposed Lions fan) say no. You only hate the fact that I'm pointing it out and won't shutup about it, and MAYBE hate me because I voted for him. The dude is a beast, and CJ > Cam, that's why I voted for him. No other reason. I want CJ to take that "curse" and make it his bitch, and I presume he will. You aren't so confident in CJ, YOUR OWN PLAYER, and that makes me upset.

Yeah, he even said he wants to break the curse, and I want him to as well! Everyone knows he will be on the cover, forget Newton.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

April 20th, 2012, 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

49ers wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I love CJ, and I like the Lions and the city of Detroit. I've already preached my sympathy for the city and fans that have had to endure so many losing seasons at no fault of their own. I never trash talk the team, only the fans that don't support the team. Boooo!

And I'm not a Californian. I live in Vermont. I puked in my mouth a little when you called me that. :lol:

your calling it out??? really? i just dont see how you dont get where we are comming from. I understand why he would want to be on the cover. It's a nice bonus check. but that doesn't mean me NOT wanting him on the cover means I dont support him. if my child wants to play frogger in the street should I tell him to go for it? No it's dangerous and the likelyhood of him being hurt would be too high. same thing here. whether you want to recognize it or not does not change the fact that 71% of everone on that cover got hurt and couldn't finish the season. whether you recognize it or not that is WAY above average for injuries. I support CJ by wanting him NOT to get hurt.

if you can't see that, thats your blindness. But dont think for one second you are calling out anything.

(good to hear about the not being a cali kid though...maybe there is hope for you yet! lol)

April 21st, 2012, 11:39 am
RIP Killer

Let me make something perfectly clear, to all.

I don't support Calvin Johnson.
I don't support Ndamukong Suh.
I don't support Matthew Stafford.

I support the Detroit Lions

Those guys just happen to be members of that team. If they are no longer members of that team, then I have little to no interest in what they do.

And since there seems to be a tremendous correlation between someone appearing on the cover, and them suffering a season ending injury, or suddenly performing below par, or whatever...my interest is about the affects that will have on the TEAM, not the individual.

I hope I've made this matter clear. It's nice the Calvin wants to "break the curse" by appearing on the cover. If he does get the cover and has another monster year for the team, I'm happy about it. But his interest in breaking the curse is about him, not necessarily the team. And that kind of disturbs me.

April 21st, 2012, 2:01 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:
AGAIN: It's just a picture on a cover. CJ wants to be that guy on the cover. He's asking for YOUR votes. He's a Lion, you are a fan of the Lions. You are DENYING that vote.
I'm not saying he won't get hurt, and if he did you could blame it on the curse all you want, I wouldn't, but who cares. If a 49er asked for my vote, I'd give that vote. The very fact that I'm supporting CJ more than any Lions fan here is annoying to me.

I agree with you, actually, and think it would be cool to see CJ on the Madden cover. The curse is no more real than the Easter bunny--I'm surprised by how many adults seem to take it seriously.

I don't care about the curse. I'm well grounded in reality. And reality is that if you make the cover of Madden, your career gets derailed for at least 1 year. Go ahead. deny reality now.

Every Christmas, my son wakes up and there are gifts underneath the Christmas tree. Go ahead. Deny Santa Claus now. :P

That's my point--there's a rational explanation for those gifts--it isn't magic. Believing in the curse is like believing in Santa Claus.

April 21st, 2012, 2:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

mwill2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:

That's my point--there's a rational explanation for those gifts--it isn't magic. Believing in the curse is like believing in Santa Claus.

I could care less about the curse. REALITY is that players careers get derailed for at least a year once they are put on the cover of Madden. To deny it is just denying reality.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:11 am
Varsity Captain

BillySims wrote:
I could care less about the curse. REALITY is that players careers get derailed for at least a year once they are put on the cover of Madden. To deny it is just denying reality.

Reality is the state of things and people as they exist in present time. What you are talking about is factual events of the past, aka history.

And nobody is denying the history. Remember when I said "correlation doesn't equal causation"? Just because two separate events (madden cover / NFL career) have similar paths (voted on cover / Negative outcomes in career/life), doesn't mean one actually affects the other. This is the exact definition of a coincidence.

It's like throwing salt over your shoulder makes you lucky, or crossing your fingers keeps people from finding out you are lying. Superstitions are phony. Certain players put their socks on last because "we won 9 games in a row when I dress that way". It's just a mental-aerobic that helps people understand something that is otherwise explainable to them. Are you telling me it's 100% impossible that players on the Madden cover (mostly QBs and RBs) just get hurt because they have the ball more? Not all the players have gotten hurt, there are 2-3 players that can say arguably that nothing happened to them, hence no curse.

Basically: If someone can't possibly comprehend something to be true without a plausible explanation to justify that truth, they look for their own reasoning to make it reasonable to them. The bigger the coincidence, the stronger the reasoning. Hence the reason I can't blame people if they believe in it, just accept that they do.

Or people just want to believe in something bigger than themselves, and that's where the talk of religion starts and my post ends. :-"

April 22nd, 2012, 1:44 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I won't question anyone's fandom, but I will say this: if you really believe in the curse, you are an idiot.

As m2k pointed out, any odd player has a roughly 25% of sustaining an injury in the NFL. Then, there is the fact that players who appear on the cover are almost always coming off a "career year" or in some cases (as in Marshall Faulk) a series of career years. The odds of living up to those expectations are very slim, so even a natural decline in performance can be chalked up to "the curse."

April 22nd, 2012, 2:11 pm
3rd Round Selection

49ers wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Reality is the state of things and people as they exist in present time. What you are talking about is factual events of the past, aka history.

And nobody is denying the history. Remember when I said "correlation doesn't equal causation"? Just because two separate events (madden cover / NFL career) have similar paths (voted on cover / Negative outcomes in career/life), doesn't mean one actually affects the other. This is the exact definition of a coincidence.

Come on 49ers, next you'll be telling me that global warming isn't caused by a decline in pirates. To deny that is to deny reality ...

April 23rd, 2012, 9:04 am

nu huh! Sasquach told me global warming was do to vampire farts! so there! lol

I don't really care if you call it a curse..(and it's funny to me that people who say that there is no curse are also saying they want " CJ to break the curse"....very funny IMO).

but 71% of 14 people couldn't finish the season. 14 of arguable some of the BEST in the league. call it coincidence, Curse, Uncle Jebus, or the flying spagetti monster, but to ignore it and pretend that it magically wont happen to CJ just cuz we got love for him...THATS stupid IMO

Maybe it's being on the cover that puts a big target on the players head, I have no idea, but there is something to this curse talk. the evidence is undeniable.

April 23rd, 2012, 10:19 am
Hall of Fame Player

49ers wrote:
Or people just want to believe in something bigger than themselves, and that's where the talk of religion starts and my post ends. :-"

Yeah, cause you just couldn't possibly be wrong and there really is a creator GOD :!:

April 23rd, 2012, 8:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next