View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 WR updates (Williiams, Streets & Kircus) 
RIP Killer

Post WR updates (Williiams, Streets & Kircus)
Old news - the Lions promoted Kircus off the PS on Monday.

The Lions are officially listing Tai Streets as the starter at wide receiver opposite rookie Roy Williams. Az-Zhair Hakim is the third wideout on the depth chart.

Rookie Roy Williams is ready to assume the mantle of the Lions' No. 1 wide receiver. "Hopefully [opposing defenses] watch the film and see Charles [Rogers] is down and they get excited and say, 'This is going to be a cake ballgame,' " Williams told the Detroit Free Press. "I hope they do that so we can show them how we play the game on the outside." Williams displayed his physical style in week one and told the paper he's ready to do whatever it takes to help the team make up for the loss of Rogers to a season ending broken collarbone. "There's not too many physical receivers in the league," he said. "I like it when corners get physical with me. When a receiver plays tough, you're earning your game check. A lot of corners just like to cover and be the pretty boy. I like to get down and dirty."

September 15th, 2004, 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Hes got my attention. I sure hope he delivers. At least the attitude is there. Go Roy

September 15th, 2004, 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]