View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MY SLEEPER TEAM IN 2005 
QB Coach

Post Re: MY SLEEPER TEAM IN 2005
The Ravens have Kyle Boller as their quarterback. Nuff said.

Quote:
The Cards, obviously. They've had a great offseason and will a team to beat in the NFC...

Quote:
I expect STL and possibly ARZ to bat them around

Quote:
the Cards could easily win their weak division without much of a fight.

Quote:
Arizona will be good

Quote:
i think arizona will be much improved

Quote:
The bigger sleeper team is Arizona

Quote:
Arizona could win the division.

I love it....

Anyways, my sleeper team is Oakland. Kerry Collins should shine with Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Ronald Curry, Doug Gabriel, Teyo Johnson, LaMont Jordan, and Rob Konrad.

Arizona isn't a sleeper... everyone knows they are good.

May 19th, 2005, 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah, the Raiders could surprise a few people. They would be my first choice as a sleeper. I don't know why everybody hates on Boller. I think this will be his money year, like Joey. Lets see how he does with someone besides Todd Heap to throw to.

May 19th, 2005, 7:47 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The Raiders could be a sleeper team this year...if the game was based on offense. They've done little to upgrade their terrible defense. Until they add some young, fresh bodies, they'll struggle and will do no better than 9-7 IMO - and that's because they have a potentially threatening offense.

They had a decent draft with possible starters in Washington, Routt, Morrison, and a solid rotating DT in Hawthorne - all defense.

They'll be fun to watch, but will get edged out against better teams in score-athon games.

May 19th, 2005, 7:58 am
RIP Killer

the Denver Broncos

Their defensive line is a shambles, they've lost their starting SS (to us!) and their offensive line is anything but enviable. I honestly feel this team is going to have a hard time stopping a team with even a half-assed running game, let alone a team with a top ten running back. I also don't feel that this team is going to be able to produce enough points to make up for their defensive lapses.

May 19th, 2005, 9:17 am
Site Admin

Zona Fluffer wrote:
I love it....

Arizona isn't a sleeper... everyone knows they are good.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Okay enough is enough. Zona has proven nothing more than the Lions except a strong amount of ineptitude. They have some good receivers and a solid D (but how good could they be losing to San Fran twice and giving up 62 points :shock: ) but have a washed up QB and no real running back. I do not think it is that they are so great but the fact their division is crap. In fact there are many parallels between the Lions and the Cards. But IMO if the Cards are a good team then so are the Lions by default.

They had a really good draft...the Lions have supposedly strung a number of good drafts together but we still haven't even reached 8 and 8. We have had some of the highest rated drafts the last couple of years as well as in free agency. I just thinks it too early to anoint the Cards as having arrived IMO. I would say the same about the Lions as well as badly as I want them to be 12-4 I think it will still be a year or two.

May 19th, 2005, 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I think the Titans could be a sleeper. I know they lost a ton of really good players, but, their QB is back and in great shape and supposedly really excited about this year from what I have heard. AND Jeff Fischer is the coach. You can never really count him out. They might be a wildcard. NOT the division. The Colts take that div and maybe go to the SB this year. I know I am dreaming but wouldnt it be great to have Detroit and the Colts in the SB? What an Offensive explosion that would be. PLUS our D would be better than theirs.

May 19th, 2005, 11:27 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

My biggest bust team this year is.....

the Denver Broncos

Their defensive line is a shambles, they've lost their starting SS (to us!) and their offensive line is anything but enviable. I honestly feel this team is going to have a hard time stopping a team with even a half-assed running game, let alone a team with a top ten running back. I also don't feel that this team is going to be able to produce enough points to make up for their defensive lapses.

You mean the Denver Browns

May 19th, 2005, 12:22 pm
QB Coach

Wish the Lions were as good as the Cardinals wrote:
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Okay enough is enough. Zona has proven nothing more than the Lions except a strong amount of ineptitude. They have some good receivers and a solid D (but how good could they be losing to San Fran twice and giving up 62 points :shock: ) but have a washed up QB and no real running back. I do not think it is that they are so great but the fact their division is crap. In fact there are many parallels between the Lions and the Cards. But IMO if the Cards are a good team then so are the Lions by default.

They had a really good draft...the Lions have supposedly strung a number of good drafts together but we still haven't even reached 8 and 8. We have had some of the highest rated drafts the last couple of years as well as in free agency. I just thinks it too early to anoint the Cards as having arrived IMO. I would say the same about the Lions as well as badly as I want them to be 12-4 I think it will still be a year or two.

They have what Detroit doesn't have, and that's a quarterback and a coach that isn't afraid to take chances downfield. Denny Green is a much better coach that Steve "Lets call a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 7" Mariucci. He has a great track record. He gets it done with the teams he coaches.

Warner held off Manning for a lot longer than others realized. When he goes up against his old team, in his old stomping grounds of the NFC West in an offense where he should excel, then what's stopping him from playing well? The guy has talent. Moreso than Joey Ballgame.

I could talk about last year, and how the Cardinals fared, but they are a different team all over the roster. They have new starters/people coming back from injury at QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, possibly RG, RT, LE, possibly LOLB, MLB, CB, and FS. It's a completely overhauled roster. You can't expect Denny Green to come into Arizona and work magic.

The two drafts he has done have been graded as some of the highest in the league. He finds talent in all the rounds. Last year had 3 starters in Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby, and Darnell Dockett. This year, in free agency, he added 5 definite starters in Oliver Ross, Orlando Huff, Robert Griffith, Chike Okeafor, and of course Warner. In the draft he got 2-3 starters on the first day, in Rolle, Arrington, and Blackstock, maybe even Green.

Once Denny gets his guys in Arizona, his team will play well. We know that. Look at what he did in Minnesota and tell me otherwise. The things that make Arizona different than Detroit, are the quarterback position, Dennis Green, and the aggressive defense. Detroit needs to dump Jauron if they want to become an elite defense. Clancy Pendergast is the most underrated defensive coordinator in the league. He received rave reviews from ESPN, there was an article published on him. He blitzes, causes turnovers, and now has a lethal set of defensive ends to work with. We all know that a good pass rush can get you a long ways.

Once Joey proves that he can actually be a decent QB in this league (something Warner has), Mariucci finally opens up his playbook (Green goes downfield very often), and Jauron starts blitzing (something that makes the defense great), then I may change my opinion on the Cardinals being better than the Lions. But right now those are the three key things that make them better.

May 19th, 2005, 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Both quaterbacks have something to prove this year, and the team whose quaterback does better will have a better record, IMO.

What got you to be such a big Cards fan?

May 19th, 2005, 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Similar teams with similar situations but looking at the tangibles from last year Detroit was better:

Lion
Atlanta Win
NYG Win at NY 28-13
Arizona Win 26-12

Zona
Atlanta Lose
NYG Win at Home 17-14
Detroit Loss 12-26

You put a lot of stock in Warner but we could suggest the same with Garcia as well and he is the back up for now. Both QBs have been unceremoniously dropped by 2 teams. Both teams "could" be very good but I think Detroit has a better running game and if Charles stays healthy a stronger deeper receiving core. I think Zonas strength is their division. The NFC north although boast no seemingly powerhouse teams is full of intense rivalries that definitely affect the difficulty of the schedule. Also Green Bay and Soldier field both pose much more difficult conditions later in the year.

And although Denny Green has had some nice seasons many feel that can put talent on the field but he cannot finish and that he has underacheived with the talent he has had.

Maybe Warner will be good given he has some recievers now but you can say the same of Garcia and even Harrington to an extent. Time will tell but I put little stock in offseasons seeing as though Detroit is seemingly an offseason allpro and has only improved a game per year thus far :?

May 20th, 2005, 10:52 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Yes, last year, Detroit was better. That's why Arizona was picking 8th, and Detroit was picking 10th. I have no problem with admitting that.

Kurt Warner led the Giants to a 5-2 start, after they didn't have 5 wins in the previous season. Of his first 7 games, his QB ratings were 79.9, 97.0, 104.9, 92.9, 85.0, 89.1, and 82.2. Joey Harrington played the entire season, and had that many number of games above 79.9 as a QB rating. Garcia? Please. Look at his stats. Look at what he did, or didn't do for his team.

I don't think anyone in Arizona would complain if Denny had any kind of season that he has earlier in his career. Except for his last two years, the final with Minnesota and the first with Minnesota, he has never finished below .500. I dont know how that's "underachieving". If you mean by lack of success in the playoffs, then I guess Peyton Manning has underachieved.

Warner was an MVP in two seasons, and in the Super Bowl. Harrington and Garcia have never even been team MVPs.

May 20th, 2005, 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2