View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ryan Broyles - high lights 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Ryan Broyles - high lights
Since the Bryoles thread got locked, start another... Kid looks good

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/05/24/broyles-matthew-puts-the-ball-in-places-i-wouldnt-think-a-quarterback-could-throw-it/

Broyles: “Matthew puts the ball in places I wouldn’t think a quarterback could throw it.”
Posted by Tara Altman on May 24, 2012 – 4:38 pm

“Finally getting on the field was fun – just going out there. I’ve been working as hard as I can in therapy. I went out there and did a little bit in individual drills; they don’t want me to do anything with contact yet. I was eager to get out there today, I felt good, but coach was like, ‘Just hold off on it,’ but it’s been good.
“In the film room I’ve been learning the plays and then going out there and doing a little bit of that; got a little one-on-one with the offensive coordinator and the quarterbacks to go over some routes and get the timing down. That’s been fun.
“Matthew puts the ball in places I wouldn’t think a quarterback could throw it. He’s got a strong arm. He’s really poised, knows the offense, obviously, so it’s good to work with a guy like that. No matter where you are on the field, if he thinks he can get it there, he’s going to put it there. He’s got a great arm, the best ball I’ve ever seen thrown, so it’s cool working with a guy like that.
“Coach wanted us to come to the side after practice, we were dropping a lot of passes today. There’s a lot going on right now for the rookies, you try to learn the plays and you go out there and you can’t just play ball. You have to worry about where you’re set up and then you have to worry about reading coverages and things are moving a bit faster, so it was good to do some one-on-one stuff with coach after that and work on our motions and really just slow the game down as much as possible. The more you’re in it, the more comfortable you’ll feel, so that’s why we were out there after practice.
“The veteran receivers make you feel like you’re one of them. You see them on TV and it’s crazy and then you’re actually in the NFL now, so you’re just one of the guys. It’s a good thing. They take us in and I learn little things from them. I’m sitting back from afar watching every little thing that they do and really just try to implement it into my game. That’s the funnest part about it, just watching them work and try to do what they can.
“The Bocce event yesterday was pretty cool. I never heard of Bocce, never seen it played, so I went out there and gave it a couple of shots, it was fun.
“I’m heading back home for the weekend, leaving tomorrow to relax for a little bit, then I’ll come back in on Monday and get ready for Tuesday.”

May 26th, 2012, 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Ryan Broyles - high lights
Guy is shifty! Also seems to play bigger than he is, which is a good thing.

May 26th, 2012, 1:29 pm
Pro Bowl Player

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1142 ... r-acl-tear

Here's a link where they talk about Broyles right after his pro - day. There is also positive and negative film breakdowns vs. the 3 best teams Oklahoma faced last season.

After watching a lot of different film on the guy - I see a favorable comparison to Carolina Panther receiver Steve Smith. Same size/weight as Smith entering the NFL too.

May 26th, 2012, 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

Ferris wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1142950-sleeper-watch-oklahoma-wr-ryan-broyles-run-457-40-5-months-after-acl-tear

Here's a link where they talk about Broyles right after his pro - day. There is also positive and negative film breakdowns vs. the 3 best teams Oklahoma faced last season.

After watching a lot of different film on the guy - I see a favorable comparison to Carolina Panther receiver Steve Smith. Same size/weight as Smith entering the NFL too.

In the video, he was actually running a lot of plays similar to what we have Nate do (don't tell wjb :-$ ).

May 27th, 2012, 8:06 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I like this guy a lot! :D

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 27th, 2012, 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i never had a problem with broyles himself, i just thought we could get him in a later round(due to his injury) but maybe i was wrong.

May 27th, 2012, 2:53 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
i never had a problem with broyles himself, i just thought we could get him in a later round(due to his injury) but maybe i was wrong.

This is my viewpoint as well. I still think we could have had Broyles in round three or four. And there was enough depth at WR that even if we didn't get him, we could have had someone else who could have been very productive for us. But, I like the player....so I'm not really upset.

May 29th, 2012, 9:19 am

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

This is my viewpoint as well. I still think we could have had Broyles in round three or four. And there was enough depth at WR that even if we didn't get him, we could have had someone else who could have been very productive for us. But, I like the player....so I'm not really upset.

Props to you m2k for calling the Broyles pick in the Draft forum (even if it came earlier than expected).

And can I say the title of this thread--"Ryan Broyles - high lights"--sends me into a panic every time I visit the forum? XXsmoker.gif :D

May 29th, 2012, 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]