View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Former Lion Vernon Turner wrote a book. 
Veteran General Manager

Post Former Lion Vernon Turner wrote a book.
The Next Level: A Game I had to play!

http://www.vernonturner.com/

He was on the Sirius Blitz yesterday on Sirius NFL Radio.

His story is amazing at what he overcame to be the man he is and the player he was.

Just 1 of those things:

His mother was brutally raped and 9 months later, he was born. His mother became addicted to drugs to ease the pain of her brutal rape and to pay for the drug had become a hooker.

edited to add: He mentioned that 3 hollywood producers are reading his book right now. So, this may just become a movie.

June 2nd, 2012, 9:13 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Former Lion Vernon Turner wrote a book.
I still remember his return against...the Rams? Was a great play at the end of a game I had given up for dead. However, I also remember him having very negative words for Fontes and the whole Lions organization.

June 4th, 2012, 1:32 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Former Lion Vernon Turner wrote a book.
Couple of quotes from the book:

Vernon Turner wrote:
I personally think Coach Wayne Fontes had a huge hand in screwing with my career, and he really did a number on me. He made my stay in the organization a miserable experience.

Vernon Turner wrote:
I wasn't too keen on the city of Detroit in general. It felt kind of dreary. Hell, it seemed damn near depressing for me. But I set that aside, because the most important thing for me was having the opportunity to continue my pro career.

I barely remember him, think he fumbled a couple of times when he was here... He also claimed Barry ate food from his locker... Barry tweeted

Barry Sanders wrote:
I don't remember eating some of VT's food... But I am sure I asked first if I did.

He was also the first Buc to return a punt for a TD (remember that stat of them never having one), of course it was againt the Lions.

June 4th, 2012, 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]