View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Ocho Cinco a Lion? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Ocho Cinco a Lion?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Our 5th (and possibly 6th) receiver would have to play ST. I don't see 85 doing that.

On a related note, what's BMW up to these days? :D

Since he ins't in camp, I'm guessing about 255 lbs. :lol:

August 13th, 2012, 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Our 5th (and possibly 6th) receiver would have to play ST. I don't see 85 doing that.

Since he ins't in camp, I'm guessing about 255 lbs. :lol:

Haha ZING!!!

August 13th, 2012, 12:49 pm
m2karateman wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
Anon3 wrote:
Care more about his abilities.

Lined up across from CJ..

He still can't hold Titus' Jock.

What does he bring to this team that we dont already have other than a bad attitude (for a receiver).

I am not a big fan of his, but if this issue turns out to be not his fault I wouldn't care one way or another if the Lions bring him in for a look. If the Lions carry six receivers, he could be one of those depth guys. He would end up being signed for the vet minimum, and that would be a deal. I have not been impressed with the receivers on the Lions beyond the "Big Three", and nobody showed me anything special against Cleveland.

All that said, I fully expect the Lions to move on with who they have and leave Chad Johnson to be signed by someone else.

Lance Long, the Vanilla Gorilla, has looked good. I've been hearing a lot about him in camp, so I singled him out and watched him whenever he was in the game. on one of the runs he kind of looked silly blocking. He didn't engage the guy properly and just kind of "got in the way," and I think he ended up on his backside. Still, he was effective on that play, and blocked really, really well the next time he was asked to. I think he caught the only ball thrown to him, and he's been great in practice.

Edwards and Stovall can go fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. I know Long hasn't made a squad since coming into the NFL, and he's been on something like 5 teams, but he's a hometown kid, and Jefferson is pulling for him. Jefferson said he can't believe he hasn't made a squad yet, and thinks this year is his year. He reminds me a lot of a Welker or Jordy Nelson - good blue collar player, very athletic, great team guy, and willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. I'd rather see someone like Long make the team, than have Chad be our 4th WR.

August 13th, 2012, 1:25 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I think I'd rather have Ocho than some guy who's never actually played much in the NFL and been passed on by five other squads.

August 14th, 2012, 6:15 am
Div 1 - Starter

thelomasbrowns wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Willi ... b._1984%29

"As of July 14, 2012 the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, and San Diego Chargers have given him offers."

August 14th, 2012, 6:24 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Lance Long, the Vanilla Gorilla, has looked good. I've been hearing a lot about him in camp, so I singled him out and watched him whenever he was in the game. on one of the runs he kind of looked silly blocking. He didn't engage the guy properly and just kind of "got in the way," and I think he ended up on his backside. Still, he was effective on that play, and blocked really, really well the next time he was asked to. I think he caught the only ball thrown to him, and he's been great in practice.

update on the Vanilla Gorilla from MLive

Quote:
-- Receiver Lance Long started camp strong, but seems to be losing momentum as Detroit's defensive backs get used to him. He also dropped a wide-open pass on Monday.

August 14th, 2012, 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

update on the Vanilla Gorilla from MLive

Quote:
-- Receiver Lance Long started camp strong, but seems to be losing momentum as Detroit's defensive backs get used to him. He also dropped a wide-open pass on Monday.

Damn, I was rooting for the Eisenhower kid... Looks like he may be out of a job again soon.

August 14th, 2012, 11:45 am
Growler wrote:
I think I'd rather have Ocho than some guy who's never actually played much in the NFL and been passed on by five other squads.

Why? Why take a guy that's been cut by three teams in two years, that doesn't seem to have it anymore, that self-admittedly "couldn't grasp" the Patriots "complicated offense"?

It takes a WR a full season to learn the playbook and get acclimated to the Qb, so we're really looking at any "new comer" to play for us in 2013, not 2012, yet another year for Johnson to decline.

If it were the offseason and he had a full offseason and pre-season to learn the playbook, I'd agree with you, but at this point I think it's silly to approach Johnson as a real prospect for joining our squad.

August 14th, 2012, 11:49 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

its hard to root for back WR's & DLinemen here now. I dont want us to get rid of any our our DE's but it looks like we are going to have to.

What and Odd....and FUN new problem we have here in Detroit.

August 14th, 2012, 12:06 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Growler wrote:

Why? Why take a guy that's been cut by three teams in two years, that doesn't seem to have it anymore, that self-admittedly "couldn't grasp" the Patriots "complicated offense"?

It takes a WR a full season to learn the playbook and get acclimated to the Qb, so we're really looking at any "new comer" to play for us in 2013, not 2012, yet another year for Johnson to decline.

If it were the offseason and he had a full offseason and pre-season to learn the playbook, I'd agree with you, but at this point I think it's silly to approach Johnson as a real prospect for joining our squad.

We all pick favorites in every "race"...this in particular race is between a has been and a never was.....thank god we dont NEED either!

August 14th, 2012, 12:11 pm
Team MVP

If a guy cant even keep a job with the Dolphins, why would WE want him?

Again, NO.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 14th, 2012, 6:55 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

Chad Johnson was moving fast and making a lot of nice catches in the first episode of hard knocks, but I still dont think he'd be that much of an upgrade over Burleson and everyone in the locker room likes him and he's very educated (at least knows how to act like it) and nate is coming off his best season, we have Calvin so no matter who we have in the slot will be open a lot by laws of nature

August 14th, 2012, 7:17 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Still no...

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

August 16th, 2012, 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3