View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lion's pop up adds 
National Champion

Post Lion's pop up adds
Im' not sure if the Jungle is the right forum for this. However, I was on another website this morning (I was a professional wrestling website). This site has random pop up adds on the side. So, I reading an article on this site and there was a side ad for Detroit Lions club seats. I'm thinking "I my goodness, the Lions have finnally arrived." Maybe I'm just too much of a fan boy, but I marked out for that...

June 12th, 2012, 12:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Lion's pop up adds
We finally have good reason to spend the money to advertise. We have actual superstars and we're a playoff contender. It's an exciting time to be a lions fan.

June 12th, 2012, 12:30 pm
NFL Team Captain

Hystrix wrote:
Im' not sure if the Jungle is the right forum for this. However, I was on another website this morning (I was a professional wrestling website). This site has random pop up adds on the side. So, I reading an article on this site and there was a side ad for Detroit Lions club seats. I'm thinking "I my goodness, the Lions have finnally arrived." Maybe I'm just too much of a fan boy, but I marked out for that...

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is what they call tracking cookies. They track your internet moves and you end up with custom ads based on previous internet searches. kinda scary if you ask me. I think they are called tracking cookies.

June 12th, 2012, 10:11 pm
National Champion

[quote=regularjoe12]We finally have good reason to spend the money to advertise. We have actual superstars and we're a playoff contender. It's an exciting time to be a lions fan[/quote]

I hope that's what it means. Still, I was geeked about it.

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is what they call tracking cookies. They track your internet moves and you end up with custom ads based on previous internet searches. kinda scary if you ask me. I think they are called tracking cookies.

I thought it might be the case. However, it's the first time I've ever seen that. I've never seen a Lions Ad. before. The ad wouldn't be there if the Lions organization didn't put it out.

So, either they were traking my detroilt lions website moves (a possiblity) or the Lions really have random ads on websites (that arn't affiliated with the NFL).

June 13th, 2012, 7:56 am
Pop Warner Rookie

Most web sites have tie ins to google which places ads based on your browsing history.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

June 13th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Yeah, if anything, I would say this speaks to a savvier marketing department.

June 14th, 2012, 6:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

I was just on http://www.space.com/16233-alien-sun-prominence-prometheus-sdo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+spaceheadlines+%28SPACE.com+Headline+Feed%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

And at the top of the page, there is a big banner ad for Lions Premium Club Seats.

June 21st, 2012, 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]