View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 7:05 pm



Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 should we cut aaron barry? 
Author Message
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
rao wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
WJB, you say Schwartz doesnt chew the players out. How do YOU know this? You only see a small fraction of Schwartz.

Dumping him would be the stupidest thing you can do, and u should be embarrassed for coming up with that idea.



I see him go into the press conference after the game and make ridiculous excuses for players that deserve to be reemed. That's what I see. I see him act like a classless reject, chasing down Harbaugh after the SF game, I see HIS TEAM go out and act like complete thugs and he complains that the refs made bad calls. That's what I see him do publicly. I don't care if he says anything different behind closed doors, and frankly, I don't care if he does. The fact that he endorses the behavior publicly and that his players behave in a manner consistent with that endorsement is enough for me. You can speculate all you want about what he "might" do elsewhere, I'll judge him based off of what he shows his players and the public.


I think you may be right about Schwartz, but the part everyone forgets is who are you going to replace him with? There isn't anyone you can hire that would be a definite upgrade. It's not like they can go out and get Cower and I don't know if he would even be a good fit.


I agree with you there. The "who" to replace him with is still an open subject, and I agree that Cower may be the best option on the table, and I agree that he may not be a good fit.


June 29th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Again, I don't think Schwartz/Mayhew have control over this team, and I don't think they discipline and educate their players properly. This crap doesn't happen on the Giants, Patriots, etc. Tennesee was a notorious "thug" team when Schwartz was down there, and he brought that garbage up here with him.

Like I said, IMO Schwartz may be the guy to get us close, but we may have to bring someone else in to get us over the hump. I don't like the leadership he exudes by example, and I don't like his sideline BS. I don't like that he fails to "get it" in press conferences after games and makes excuses for his players, and I don't like that he doesn't chew his players out when they do something stupid.

I'm happy that the pair made the team better, but it may be time for some real professionals to come in and take the reigns.

jim schwartz is not his dad. im amazed you placed no blame on the player who got behind the wheel drunk.


I don't really care about the one DUI... It's the way the team is ran, lead, and performs as a whole that I'm bent about.

He's not his Dad, but he is his coach and mentor, and it's not this one guy, this one time. It's pretty rampant on our team, and some of the responsibility for that has to fall on the coach and GM.


June 29th, 2012, 2:38 pm
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
LionFan57 wrote:
This has already been said but the problem is that if you want to fire Berry then you need to be prepared to fire a more meaningful player if it happens again. Because if you don't then then you're not setting the example you really want / intend.

Even though this is the same player that tweeted, "...The fans can get back to their miserable lives." (or something to that effect) I'm not ready to dump him. Only because I'm not ready to dump Stafford either (for example) if he got busted for a DUI.


I don't really agree with this. I think you can set a prescient to cut lower-level talent if they eff up, but only suspend/fine your stars. For the most part I think the star players, the players with huge contracts, tend to be more professional, and most of the problems in the NFL stem with the lower level talent. Of everyone that got in trouble last off-season we wouldn't really miss any of them if they were cut. POSSIBLY Fairley, but we don't even know what he has yet.



thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Here's an idea that apparently, no-one has mentioned to Lions Players.

When going out for a night on the town,

TAKE A STINKING TAXI YOU MORONS!!!!!!

This way, you can't be arrested for driving drunk and wrecking a bunch of parked cars.

This way the worst that will happen is that you are mistaken for Ron White and get arrested for being drunk in PUBLIC!

Which is way more acceptable than DUI.


I think a lot of these took place in rural areas, which probably means there are no taxis around, but your point is still well taken.



I agree that a taxi probably wasn't an option, but I agree... Hire a damn driver... ALL of these guys are rich, flat out. Even at the league minimum salary these guys can afford a limo to take them to every drinking event that they go to. It's ridiculous that these millionaires are getting DUIs left and right.


June 29th, 2012, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
From a purely cost standpoint, imagine how many millions of dollars an injury from a drunk driving accident could cost a player (if not his career) - a small investment in another form of transportation would really seem worth it (let alone keep all the public embarassment at bay).

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


June 29th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 354
Location: Michiana
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
Well look on the bright side folks. If Detroit had resigned Felton and Eric Wright they would now have 8 off season arrests and 4 DUIs. :|

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


July 3rd, 2012, 12:36 am
Profile
Team MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3253
Location: Maryland
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
Well there's a rumor going around that Berry pointed a gun at some pedestrians and got arrested. Nothing has been substantiated yet but if it's true he needs to go.


July 21st, 2012, 11:50 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3379
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Well there's a rumor going around that Berry pointed a gun at some pedestrians and got arrested. Nothing has been substantiated yet but if it's true he needs to go.


I agree. Because if thats true, he obviously has things higher than football on his priority list.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


July 22nd, 2012, 4:58 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
CUT THIS F***ER

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


July 22nd, 2012, 9:42 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
after all we've been through this offseason, he's the only guy who is messing up AFTER the FO addressed the team in minicamp. He does'nt care about this organization one damn bit

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


July 22nd, 2012, 9:55 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3798
Location: WSU
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
if thats really what he did he has some major issues and should face prison time


July 22nd, 2012, 10:17 am
Profile
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
He didn't discharge his weapon, so I don't know about prison time, but he should be cut and considered trash for NFL purposes.


July 22nd, 2012, 1:30 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9958
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
At this point I'm inclined to say cut him. A DUI is bad enough, but brandishing a weapon needlessly is something I cannot condone. If the facts dictate that he had a reason to pull the gun, as in self defense, than I'd say the police are being overzealous in their arrest. It certainly wouldn't be the first time police have done that. However, if the facts play out that he was just being an anus, I would want and expect the Lions to cut him. He's gone from the frying pan (tweet and DUI) into the fire (brandishing weapon) and you can't accept any apology that he gives. At this point the entire fanbase of the NFL is laughing at us, and the league office is likely to fine the team because of it. He knew what was going on with the other players, he and his teammates have been told they need to get their heads on straight. He chose to ignore that advice/warning/reprimand....however you want to put it.

If he's guilty of the crimes charged, the Lions have to release him. If they don't, I will write a letter to Mayhew, Lewand, Ford and Schwartz telling them I refuse to purchase any Lions gear, refuse to attend any Lions games, and will strongly consider turning my allegiances elsewhere. I cannot, in good conscience, root for a team made up of self absorbed thugs who think common laws don't apply to them because they have the PRIVILEGE of playing in the NFL. He was an undrafted free agent, so his contract shouldn't be an issue. At this point I'd rather have Alfonso Smith on the team than Aaron Berry, even if Smith isn't as good a football player.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


July 22nd, 2012, 2:41 pm
Profile
Team MVP

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3253
Location: Maryland
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
So they've confirmed it was him and he's been charged with 3 counts of simple assault. He needs to go. I don't care if we have to start one of the rookies at corner.


July 22nd, 2012, 3:40 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
wjb21ndtown is basically saying the same things that I've said before several times. I agree with him on most of it, especially the actions of the players on the field. IMO, wjb is spot on with the majority of his comments, which many are based strictly on observations alone. I don't see how you could dispute much of what wjb said since it's based off of observations, not guess work. Undisciplined in games, undisciplined in the off-season. Not all the players, not even the majority of players, but enough to make you wonder.

And don't even start with me and Aldon Smith. If you know me, you know I want to trade this prick away for ANYONE else... anyone except Aaron Berry that is. What a jackass.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


July 22nd, 2012, 4:49 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3798
Location: WSU
Post Re: should we cut aaron barry?
Quote:
He didn't discharge his weapon, so I don't know about prison time, but he should be cut and considered trash for NFL purposes.


really? pointing your gun at someone doenst deserve prison time? im no lawyer but i think that does.

whatever it is he s lucky that whoever he pointed the gun at didnt kill him because they would have been within there rights


July 22nd, 2012, 5:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], rao, Touchdown Jesus, UK Lion, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.