View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Titus Young believes he’s the successor to Barry Sanders 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Titus Young believes he’s the successor to Barry Sanders
Blueskies wrote:
Sensationalist headline writer makes something out of nothing.

Exactly! Titus never said anything about being Sanders' successor. People need to ignore headlines and pay more attention to the quotes.

All I see in Titus' statement is that he wants to be a great player. He has a long way to go--on and off the field--but I see no reason to criticize him for having high expectations for himself.

August 15th, 2012, 12:56 pm
Modmin Dude

mwill2 wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Exactly! Titus never said anything about being Sanders' successor. People need to ignore headlines and pay more attention to the quotes.

All I see in Titus' statement is that he wants to be a great player. He has a long way to go--on and off the field--but I see no reason to criticize him for having high expectations for himself.
So, in other words, the headline writer was doing his job :wink:

August 15th, 2012, 1:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

TheRealWags wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

So, in other words, the headline writer was doing his job :wink:

Ha! Good point. I was always taught that before one evaluates effectiveness, one must first determine what is being attempted. If the writer was aiming for misleading sensationalism, he was certainly successful!

August 15th, 2012, 2:58 pm
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
Let Titus think what he wants. If it pushes him to do better, he can believe whatever he wants to believe.

As for the discussion involving Usain Bolt and the football players claiming to be faster.... :lol:

Who cares?

Exactly.

August 15th, 2012, 3:49 pm
All State

I dont think it matters . He said it was like he passed the torch . It's all good

August 15th, 2012, 7:10 pm
Walk On

Are the Lions resorting to playing TY at RB?

August 15th, 2012, 10:17 pm
1st Round Pick

Blueskies wrote:

Agree.

The Legend wrote:
hahah, this is laughable. dennard has no chance at bolt. dennard fastest 100 m was 10.44 seconds (Bolt 9.58). Finally the 4.44 ish time is an estimate at how long it takes bolt to get to 40 yards when he s running a 100meter dash, not when he s running a 40 yard dash. In the 100m they dont hit top speed until well past 100m. You also have to look at how football records the time of a 40 yard dash going off of first movement rather than in track where they go off a starter gun and must also include human reaction time. So if you see something estimating dennard at sub 4.4 and then bolt at 4.44, know that bolts time includes reaction time while dennard s is off his first movement.

If they react to the gun quicker than 0.1s in track and field, they are automatically given a false start as it's assumed that a human can't react that quick. So you have to take off an absolute minimum of 0.1s from Bolt's 40 estimate ve Dennard's.

August 16th, 2012, 4:30 am
Hall of Fame Player

Who is this Barry Sanders joker anyway?

Kevin Jones once said that he was going to make us all forget about Barry Sanders. ROFL. :lol:

August 16th, 2012, 10:11 am
Rookie Player of the Year

mwill2 wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

See bolded part. I read this yesterday and he wasnt saying he is the next Barry, that he will replace Barry to us, or even that Barry made him feel like a torch was passed. He was describing how it felt to have BS call his name.

He is a lifelong fan of Barry, and Barry calling his name at the draft was a big deal for him, and created a feeling inside that now pushes him to strive for greatness. How anyone can see that as anything but a positive is confusing to me.

August 23rd, 2012, 12:39 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

I.E. wrote:
Are the Lions resorting to playing TY at RB?

Yup--think he'll be tackled by McClellin playing MLB?

August 23rd, 2012, 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2