View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 10:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Scouts Inc. Looks at the top 200 Players - Lions have 4 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Scouts Inc. Looks at the top 200 Players - Lions have 4
Interesting read on ESPN.com (Insider), ranking the top 200 players in the NFL right now. I think it shows how far the Lions have come, and really how far they have to go.

#4 - Calvin Johnson
#33 - Ndamukong Suh
#77 - Matthew Stafford
#113 - Cliff Avril

Only one Lions player from the Pre-Moron Era made the list, and only four overall. (By comparison, even Cleveland had five.) The team as a ways to go, as the better teams have notables from all position groups.

I have to wonder what that list will look like next year, if Fairley, Titus Young, Willie Young, and Leshoure all show up.

The whole article is here:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... r-rankings

August 20th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Scouts Inc. Looks at the top 200 Players - Lions have 4
Stafford seems very low.

August 20th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I'm guessing that's because he's only had one year that he's played 16 games. I'm betting if he throws for over 4000 yards this season, he'll move up.

August 20th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Team MVP

JL wrote:
I'm guessing that's because he's only had one year that he's played 16 games. I'm betting if he throws for over 4000 yards this season, he'll move up.

Definitely.

But what I hate when analysts talk about Stafford and they want to "see more from him", which I understand, its not like Stafford "accidentally" threw for 5,038 yards and 41 TDs. THATS the player he is.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 21st, 2012, 8:35 am
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
JL wrote:

Definitely.

But what I hate when analysts talk about Stafford and they want to "see more from him", which I understand, its not like Stafford "accidentally" threw for 5,038 yards and 41 TDs. THATS the player he is.

I agree with you. The guy from SCOUTS INC doing the rankings claims that he watches film to come up with his scouting grades but its really hard to believe. I think it was two years ago he had Bryant Johnson ranked higher than Nate Burleson. I think the guy does watch film but not for the purposes of grading players alone which to me is how they represent their rankings.

Also, if its based on film why would someone need to "see more from him"? Just give the rating that you saw on film. Ron Jaworski did the same thing with his ratings where he kept Stafford low and said it was because of the injuries from before. Dude if you are claiming to break down all the film, you should be telling us if Stafford knows what he s doing and will be able to repeat the season or if he is relying too much on Calvin or had some other reason for a fluke. It just seems like a cowardly and not all that interesting way to do the rankings the way these guys do it. yeah if Stafford has two more seasons like last year he will be placed into the top 3 or 5 but by that time every casual observer will know that. these guys IMO should be offerring a little more insight than that.

August 21st, 2012, 9:27 am
RIP Killer

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Stafford seems very low.

They have him ranked below Cutler and the new guy he is throwing to, Brandon Marshall. That list is a joke.

August 21st, 2012, 9:28 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

Pablo wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Stafford seems very low.

They have him ranked below Cutler and the new guy he is throwing to, Brandon Marshall. That list is a joke.

I agree.

At least Stafford didn't have some rookie beat him in the pro bowl votes...oh...wait...

Anyway, were there any kickers on that list? Because Hanson is the best kicker for 50+ FGs. If any kicker makes that list, he should.

August 21st, 2012, 12:08 pm
League MVP

they ranked hanson in the middle of the pack of kickers something like 17th out of 30 kickers they ranked. they gave him a grade of 66

August 21st, 2012, 12:31 pm
National Champion

The Legend wrote:
they ranked hanson in the middle of the pack of kickers something like 17th out of 30 kickers they ranked. they gave him a grade of 66

Uh...wow. Great list :roll:

August 21st, 2012, 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]