View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions
Lions shock the NFL world -

Let's just say I have a very strong feeling the reason the Rams game was so close was a Detroit Lions Rope-a-dope - Schwartz saw an oppurtunity to beat one opponent and put in alot of different personnel groupings for another team to prepare for on film. He wanted to beat San Fran so bad, he almost lost to the Rams!

I expect a HUGE day from Megatron, running in all over the field and always putting him in motion at the LOS. Over 200 yards and 2 TD's.
The Lions front seven will handle the 49er's ground game, keeping them to under 120 yards, and get to A. Smith all day.

Stafford get's his game of the week - Lions 38 49er's 17

September 12th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Lions Vs. 49er's Predictions
Ferris wrote:
Lions shock the NFL world -

Let's just say I have a very strong feeling the reason the Rams game was so close was a Detroit Lions Rope-a-dope - Schwartz saw an oppurtunity to beat one opponent and put in alot of different personnel groupings for another team to prepare for on film. He wanted to beat San Fran so bad, he almost lost to the Rams!
I expect a HUGE day from Megatron, running in all over the field and always putting him in motion at the LOS. Over 200 yards and 2 TD's.
The Lions front seven will handle the 49er's ground game, keeping them to under 120 yards, and get to A. Smith all day.

Stafford get's his game of the week - Lions 38 49er's 17

no way in the world Swartz Disrespects Fisher like that. no way...

That said, Staff gets his act together and plays good all game.
Lions 28 S.F. 24

September 12th, 2012, 10:57 am
RIP Killer

San Fran 24
Detroit 17

Sorry, just don't see the Lions traveling to the West Coast and winning a late Sunday night game in the 49ers home opener.

Hope I'm wrong.

September 12th, 2012, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Pablo partially beat me to it. Niners home opener is a prime time game. The fans want this BAD, and will be extra loud.

The 49ers have gone back to the 80s offense of "establish the pass to setup the run" method, just like they did in Green Bay. Throwing against a depleted Lions secondary and at home, seems easier than against a Packers secondary and away. Not worried about the 49ers offense one bit.

The field should be extra wet and grass should be extra long. Lions are used to perfect turf conditions, 49ers usually play in the rain, wind, and mud. A slower game favors the home team.

We dominated the Packers (We DOMINATED from beginning to end. The score is deceiving). This is nicely followed up with a tough game, so there is no need to worry about the 49ers relaxing for an easy opponent.

I'm picking the 49ers, and I hate to say it to you guys, but I don't even think the score will be close; A 49ers win by 14 points or more is what I expect. Harbaugh and his staff always have his team prepared to the max limit. The team has made nearly ZERO mistakes and dumb penalties since they've had the new coaches. Lions travel to the West and play on a slow and nasty field.

The only way we lose is if we turn the ball over a couple times, which could happen.

September 12th, 2012, 11:53 am
31 - 24 Niners

September 12th, 2012, 12:39 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I am going to go with..

17 Lions
21 49ers

Like all losses I predict.. I hope I am wrong.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 12th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Team MVP

Unlike most niners fans, I truly believe the niners can be beat. No disrespect. But reading everything from all their fans about this game is like the niners can NOT be stopped and the lions are a bad team. The reality is the niners are a great team and the lions are a very good team. I truly believe if the lions are clicking on all cylinders, no one can stop their offense. Not even douche bag Harbaugh. I think the niners will win by a small margin, but I will never rule the lions out. If stafford has a great game, they have a great chance.

With that said..
Niners defense + niners home field advantage + a few calls going niners way because Harbaugh is a whiner + a few other things..

Niners 30
Lions 28

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 12th, 2012, 1:23 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Good news and bad news for Lions secondary
Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT

The Lions finally got starting cornerback Chris Houston back at practice on Wednesday.

Unfortunately for the Detroit pass defense, they still had two starters sitting out the session with injuries. Cornerback Bill Bentley joined safety Louis Delmas on the sideline as a result of a concussion he suffered in 27-23 victory over the Rams. Like all players diagnosed with a concussion, Bentley needs to be cleared by an independent neurologist before he’s able to return to the field. As his teammate Jahvid Best might tell him, that’s not always a fast-moving process.

Houston has been out of action since the third preseason game as a result of a high ankle sprain. Tim Twentyman of the Lions website believes that Houston’s ability to practice two straight days will determine whether or not he’s able to play against the 49ers on Sunday night. Delmas hasn’t practiced since having knee surgery in early August and his presence in the lineup this week seems like a fairly remote possibility given the lack of progress he’s made since the operation.

Jacob Lacey started in place of Houston and John Wendling started for Delmas. In the event that Bentley isn’t cleared in time to play the 49ers, both men would likely return to the starting lineup for a second straight week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... secondary/

September 12th, 2012, 2:11 pm
RIP Killer

I think this is going to be a close game. I will breakdown the matchups:

Detroit Passing Game vs. San Francisco Pass Defense
In a straight up comparison, the Lions receiving corps wins hands down when going against the 49ers secondary. However, the passing game is also dependent on pass protection. So I still say the Lions passing game will have success against the 49ers, but it won't be a field day. The Lions need to find a way to shut down Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks, along with Justin Smith.
ADVANTAGE: LIONS

Detroit Running Game vs. San Francisco Front Seven
Detroit did better against St. Louis than I would have guessed. However, the 49ers have among the best front seven in all the NFL. I don't see the Lions having too much success here, especially with LeShoure sitting out his second game of his suspension.
ADVANTAGE: 49ERS

San Francisco Passing Game vs. Detroit Pass Defense
This is one matchup where the 49ers improved much more in the off-season than Detroits secondary did. Adding Mario Manningham and Randy Moss would have been enough. But the 'niners also added AJ Jenkins with their first pick in the draft as well. Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker remain solid receiving threats as well. It's really no contest in receivers against secondary. However, Detroits pass rush was pretty fierce against St. Louis, and with everyone up front healthy they can bring the heat as well as any team in the NFL using just four men.

San Francisco Running Game vs. Detroit Front Seven
This is going to be an interesting battle. Frank Gore is a good back, but it's his line that really should be getting more credit. San Francisco does a good job of putting Gore in spots where he won't face multiple tacklers coming at him. The Lions linebackers will have to play well to shut him down.

Detroit Special Teams vs. San Francisco Special Teams
The game actually could be won or lost here. David Akers just tied the NFL record with a 63 yard FG against Green Bay. Jason Hanson is the best ever from 50+ yards all time. I'd say that's a push. Andy Lee is considered by some to be the best punter in football, so the 'niners have an advantage there. But Stefan Logan had a really good day returning the ball against St. Louis. However, the 49ers play better special teams than the Rams. Detroits coverage units have been suspect for years, particulary against teams with deep rosters.

Despite San Francisco having home advantage, as well as numerous advantages in various matchups, I think this game will be closer than some anticipate. However, the lack of a running game will hurt Detroit in the end. Forced to pass will make Detroit somewhat predictable in the second half. Unless Matt Stafford has a career day, chalk this up as a Lions loss in a close one.

San Francisco 24
Detroit 20

September 12th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Heisman Winner

To the fan that said the niners score was deceiving...So was the Lions. They also dominated from start-finish just nothing to show for it. Stafford himself pretty much gave the game a 21 point swing with the 2 picks inside the red zone and then a dumb pick 6. Defense dominated all game long and the time they did score on them, they started at the 40 or 45

September 12th, 2012, 3:52 pm
Team MVP

I gotta keep the faith in our team to beat the other quality teams out there. 49ers put on a show out there against Green Bay and will be tough to beat but I think we can do it.

The key will be slowing down the running game as much as we can. Gore gashed us on a couple of big runs last year (55 and 47) which accounted for nearly all of his yards. Limit the big plays. We need to again win the turnover battle and again hold them to FGs and we will be in the game til the end.

September 12th, 2012, 4:25 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

30 49ers
24 Lions

\:D/

49ers Stats

Frank Gore 110 yards rushing 1TD
Kendall Hunter 60 yards rushing 1TD
Brandon Jacobs (assuming he's back) 15 yards rushing

Alex Smith - 190 yards 1TD

Vernon Davis - 80 yards
Michael Crabtree - 50 yards
Randy Moss - 40 yards
Delanie Walker - 10 yards
Mario Manningham - 10 yards

David Akers - 3/3 FG

Lions -
35 Rushing yards (team)

Matthew Stafford - 310 Yards 3 TD's 1INT

Calvin Johnson - 135 Yards 2TD's
Titus Young - 70 Yards
Brandon Pettigrew - 40 yards 1TD
Nate Burleson - 35 yards
Tony Scheffler - 30 yards

Hanson - 1/1

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 12th, 2012, 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I gotta keep the faith in our team to beat the other quality teams out there. 49ers put on a show out there against Green Bay and will be tough to beat but I think we can do it.

The key will be slowing down the running game as much as we can. Gore gashed us on a couple of big runs last year (55 and 47) which accounted for nearly all of his yards. Limit the big plays. We need to again win the turnover battle and again hold them to FGs and we will be in the game til the end.

Your front 4 cant let him reach the next level... thats your weakness I think... if the front four can contain our 5 O-lineman you'll be fine. I'd be worried about our big run packages that have Tukuafu (DT) lined up at FB.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

September 12th, 2012, 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

modninerfan wrote:
30 49ers
24 Lions

\:D/

49ers Stats

Frank Gore 110 yards rushing 1TD
Kendall Hunter 60 yards rushing 1TD
Brandon Jacobs (assuming he's back) 15 yards rushing

Alex Smith - 190 yards 1TD

Vernon Davis - 80 yards
Michael Crabtree - 50 yards
Randy Moss - 40 yards
Delanie Walker - 10 yards
Mario Manningham - 10 yards

David Akers - 3/3 FG

Lions -
35 Rushing yards (team)

Matthew Stafford - 310 Yards 3 TD's 1INT

Calvin Johnson - 135 Yards 2TD's
Titus Young - 70 Yards
Brandon Pettigrew - 40 yards 1TD
Nate Burleson - 35 yards
Tony Scheffler - 30 yards

Hanson - 1/1

while those stats could be accurate, I highly doubt we'll only have 35 yards rushing. I'm not expecting more than a 100 yard game combined, but i dont think we will game plan to abandon the run like GB did. They only ran the ball like 8 times...I doubt we'll do that...

September 12th, 2012, 4:38 pm
QB Coach

although the odds are in favor of the niners, I believe our offense and defense has the potential to pull this one out. Defense was stout against the run, our pass defense was decent to a point against a GOOD Qb. A. Smith is a good QB/manager who will dink and dunk for 10 yard or screen throws.

Our offense has the potential for quick strike ability and will try. Our run game and blocking showed much improvement compared to last year against a good DL in the Rams. So we could still do some things there, especially if we Screen pass ourselves.

I think this is too close to call, and almost a wash of two solid teams, one having a slight edge in Db's vs WR's.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 12th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next