View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions Vs. Tenessee? 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?
Mobile quarterbacks scare me.*

*See Webb, Joe and Pryor, Terell.

September 19th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

"Rodgers, Aaron"

September 19th, 2012, 4:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

we did well against Cam last year...and he looked better last year than he does this year...

September 19th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Heisman Winner

Not sure if this is the predictions thread for this week but here goes:

Tennessee is bad. I mean real bad. Locker is so far behind the curve and the OL and Rb are totally inept right now. I actually felt bad for that team against SD last week and had flashbacks of Orlovsky and 0-16 :shutters:

A homecoming for Schwartz and Vandenbosh. Stafford looks like a world beater again. 300 yards & 3 TDs (2 to Calvin). This game comes at the perfect time. This is about as sure of a road victory as we'll have this year.

31-16. Lions easily.

September 19th, 2012, 5:58 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
we did well against Cam last year...and he looked better last year than he does this year...

I don't really agree that the Lions did well against Cam last year. The Lions had to stage a comeback in that game to pull it out. The Lions gave up 35 points to Carolina just a week after the Titans held the Panthers to just three points. Cam threw for 280 yards and a TD. He also ran in two scores.

I wouldn't call that doing well against him.

September 19th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Pro Bowl Player

m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I don't really agree that the Lions did well against Cam last year. The Lions had to stage a comeback in that game to pull it out. The Lions gave up 35 points to Carolina just a week after the Titans held the Panthers to just three points. Cam threw for 280 yards and a TD. He also ran in two scores.

I wouldn't call that doing well against him.

Well against Cam - W - That was welll enough for me then, and it's well enough for me now. Just sayin :cheers:

September 20th, 2012, 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

YAYY I'm roadtripping to this game, 10 1/2 hour drive to Nashville. The Lions better win or ill hear it from my Titans fan roommate forever. Also the Lions owe me for having to watch Kitna beat Hill at Jerry's World the last Lions game I went to a couple years ago.

September 20th, 2012, 3:51 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
MobiusOne wrote:
YAYY I'm roadtripping to this game, 10 1/2 hour drive to Nashville. The Lions better win or ill hear it from my Titans fan roommate forever. Also the Lions owe me for having to watch Kitna beat Hill at Jerry's World the last Lions game I went to a couple years ago.

Have a good time!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 20th, 2012, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions- ... 9aa5f8e941

Quote:
Chris Houston says he’s had enough of watching games from the sidelines. The sixth-year Lions cornerback says it’s about time he starts contributing, and says that begins Sunday in Tennessee.

“I definitely will be out there,” Houston said after being a full participant in Wednesday’s practice. “It was close on Sunday but we still had little hitches. I couldn’t stop all the way. Now I can stop, plant and run full speed, so I’m there.”

Houston was limited all three practices last week leading up to the 49ers game.

“It just felt good to get back out there,” he said of practicing Wednesday. “I’m running around healthier than I was the last couple of weeks. I’m about 95 percent and I’ll be ready to go this week.”

The team’s starting left cornerback hasn’t played the first two weeks of the season after suffering a high ankle sprain in the third preseason game against the Raiders.

The Lions’ most experienced corner, Houston led them with five interceptions last season. His two touchdown returns were tied for the most in the NFL. He’s a playmaker in the secondary and the Lions could use a little bit of that having yet to record an interception yet this season.

“I’m definitely anxious,” Houston said of getting into his first game action Sunday. “Just all the work I put in in the offseason and to have a little setback; we don’t always know why it happened but I think this setback was for an amazing comeback.”

TOUGH-MINDED
Lions cornerback Drayton Florence had surgery to repair a broken forearm suffered in Sunday’s loss to the 49ers.

“To tell you how tough he is, it happened in the third quarter and he played the rest of the game,” Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said Wednesday.

“I have a lot of respect for that guy. He’s played a lot of football in the NFL; came in here and learned the system very quickly and got thrown into the fire very quickly. I thought he acquainted himself very well and the team needed him.

“We were so short of corners that he really couldn’t come out of the game. He went and soldiered through. We didn’t know it was broken until afterwards because mainly he just didn’t tell anybody. He didn’t let anybody get a feel for it.”

Later in the day, the Lions officially designated Florence as Reserve/Injured with the eligiblity to return.

The new rule allows a player to practice after six weeks and then come off the list two weeks later and still play during the season. Before is a player was placed on Reserve/Injured he was lost for the season.

PRACTICE REPORT
Besides getting Houston back on the practice field Wednesday, cornerback Bill Bentley and running back Mikel Leshoure were also participants.

Bentley, who chose not to speak to the media until Thursday, was limited in his first practice since sustaining a concussion against the Rams in Week 1. Thursday will be an important day for Bentley to see if he remains symptom-free after returning to practice for the first time on Wednesday.

Leshoure, who was suspended the first two weeks of the season, split carries with Kevin Smith and the first-team offense in the portion of practice open to the media.

Not practicing for the Lions were: safety Louis Delmas (knee), cornerback Drayton Florence (forearm), receiver Calvin Johnson (ankle), linebacker Travis Lewis (quad), tight end Tony Scheffler (calf) and defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee).

The ankle injury is new for Johnson. He didn’t practice on Wednesday last week because of a foot injury.

MARTZ CALLING LIONS GAME
Former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz is the color analyst for Sunday’s Lions game in Tennessee. Martz was the Lions’ offensive coordinator in 2006 and 2007.

“A different kind of offense,” Lions center Dominic Raiola said of his two years playing under Martz in Detroit. “He played at a different speed. We threw the ball a lot. He had a lot of good ideas about routes and play-calling, a lot of different ways to think about it.”

So how would Martz have reacted to the Lions running the ball 26 times vs. 49ers?

“Mike would run it, though,” Raiola said. “There’d be sometimes when Mike would run it. It just depended on how Mike felt when he woke up.”

STAFFORD FAMILIARITY
Titans head coach Mike Munchak knew Matthew Stafford was going to be a good NFL quarterback all the way back to Stafford’s college days at Georgia. You see, Munchak had two daughters who went to Georgia the same time Stafford was there and told the Detroit media Wednesday that he got plenty of live scouting on him during that time.

“My daughters went to Georgia so I’ve always liked him,” he said. “I got to see him play a lot in college and I think he’s a special player.

“That was probably the only college games (I saw) as a guy that played at Penn State and then got in the NFL and coached ever since, I never got a chance to see many college games live. When we had the off week I was at Georgia and I was able to watch three or four games. I thought he was going to be a special guy. He’s proven out to be one.”

THIRD SCHEME FOR MURPHY
Cornerback Jerome Murphy began the process Wednesday of learning his third different defensive scheme this season. The Lions claimed Murphy off waivers on Tuesday and released cornerback Kevin Barnes to make room for him on the 53-man roster. Murphy practiced for the first time as a Lion Wednesday.

“A couple years ago he was coming out of South Florida; we liked him then,” Schwartz said of Murphy. “He was hurt last year. He got drafted in the third round. He got hurt and missed just about all of last year, but he’s a very good special teams player. A little bit multidimensional. He can play in the slot, play outside. We thought he could increase our production.”

Already this season, Murphy has been with the Rams (preseason), Saints (first two regular season games) and now the Lions.

“Coming in here is a little bit different (of a system) but I’m pretty sure I can catch on and get the ball rolling here,” he said after Wednesday’s practice

September 20th, 2012, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

My thoughts:
Quote:
Chris Houston says he’s had enough of watching games from the sidelines. The sixth-year Lions cornerback says it’s about time he starts contributing, and says that begins Sunday in Tennessee.

“I definitely will be out there,” Houston said after being a full participant in Wednesday’s practice. “It was close on Sunday but we still had little hitches. I couldn’t stop all the way. Now I can stop, plant and run full speed, so I’m there.”

Houston was limited all three practices last week leading up to the 49ers game.

“It just felt good to get back out there,” he said of practicing Wednesday. “I’m running around healthier than I was the last couple of weeks. I’m about 95 percent and I’ll be ready to go this week.”

The team’s starting left cornerback hasn’t played the first two weeks of the season after suffering a high ankle sprain in the third preseason game against the Raiders.

The Lions’ most experienced corner, Houston led them with five interceptions last season. His two touchdown returns were tied for the most in the NFL. He’s a playmaker in the secondary and the Lions could use a little bit of that having yet to record an interception yet this season.

“I’m definitely anxious,” Houston said of getting into his first game action Sunday. “Just all the work I put in in the offseason and to have a little setback; we don’t always know why it happened but I think this setback was for an amazing comeback.”
Can't wait for him to be back there; who knows, maybe he'll get a pick or two this week
Quote:
TOUGH-MINDED
Lions cornerback Drayton Florence had surgery to repair a broken forearm suffered in Sunday’s loss to the 49ers.

“To tell you how tough he is, it happened in the third quarter and he played the rest of the game,” Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said Wednesday.

“I have a lot of respect for that guy. He’s played a lot of football in the NFL; came in here and learned the system very quickly and got thrown into the fire very quickly. I thought he acquainted himself very well and the team needed him.

“We were so short of corners that he really couldn’t come out of the game. He went and soldiered through. We didn’t know it was broken until afterwards because mainly he just didn’t tell anybody. He didn’t let anybody get a feel for it.”

Later in the day, the Lions officially designated Florence as Reserve/Injured with the eligiblity to return.

The new rule allows a player to practice after six weeks and then come off the list two weeks later and still play during the season. Before is a player was placed on Reserve/Injured he was lost for the season.
That's one tough SOB :shock:
Quote:
PRACTICE REPORT
Besides getting Houston back on the practice field Wednesday, cornerback Bill Bentley and running back Mikel Leshoure were also participants.

Bentley, who chose not to speak to the media until Thursday, was limited in his first practice since sustaining a concussion against the Rams in Week 1. Thursday will be an important day for Bentley to see if he remains symptom-free after returning to practice for the first time on Wednesday.

Leshoure, who was suspended the first two weeks of the season, split carries with Kevin Smith and the first-team offense in the portion of practice open to the media.

Not practicing for the Lions were: safety Louis Delmas (knee), cornerback Drayton Florence (forearm), receiver Calvin Johnson (ankle), linebacker Travis Lewis (quad), tight end Tony Scheffler (calf) and defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee).

The ankle injury is new for Johnson. He didn’t practice on Wednesday last week because of a foot injury.
Can't wait to see what Mikel can do.
Sux that Delmas (*cough* Sanders) is still not practicing.
CJ prolly has the same 'injury' as last week, they're just moving it around :wink:
Quote:
MARTZ CALLING LIONS GAME
Former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz is the color analyst for Sunday’s Lions game in Tennessee. Martz was the Lions’ offensive coordinator in 2006 and 2007.

“A different kind of offense,” Lions center Dominic Raiola said of his two years playing under Martz in Detroit. “He played at a different speed. We threw the ball a lot. He had a lot of good ideas about routes and play-calling, a lot of different ways to think about it.”

So how would Martz have reacted to the Lions running the ball 26 times vs. 49ers?

“Mike would run it, though,” Raiola said. “There’d be sometimes when Mike would run it. It just depended on how Mike felt when he woke up.”
THIS should be interesting. I haven't really heard him in the booth yet, but I can imagine what he might have to say about our Leos
Quote:
STAFFORD FAMILIARITY
Titans head coach Mike Munchak knew Matthew Stafford was going to be a good NFL quarterback all the way back to Stafford’s college days at Georgia. You see, Munchak had two daughters who went to Georgia the same time Stafford was there and told the Detroit media Wednesday that he got plenty of live scouting on him during that time.

“My daughters went to Georgia so I’ve always liked him,” he said. “I got to see him play a lot in college and I think he’s a special player.

“That was probably the only college games (I saw) as a guy that played at Penn State and then got in the NFL and coached ever since, I never got a chance to see many college games live. When we had the off week I was at Georgia and I was able to watch three or four games. I thought he was going to be a special guy. He’s proven out to be one.”
Hopefully Staff can break out of his 'slump' this week and show Munchak exactly how special he is :twisted:
Quote:
THIRD SCHEME FOR MURPHY
Cornerback Jerome Murphy began the process Wednesday of learning his third different defensive scheme this season. The Lions claimed Murphy off waivers on Tuesday and released cornerback Kevin Barnes to make room for him on the 53-man roster. Murphy practiced for the first time as a Lion Wednesday.

“A couple years ago he was coming out of South Florida; we liked him then,” Schwartz said of Murphy. “He was hurt last year. He got drafted in the third round. He got hurt and missed just about all of last year, but he’s a very good special teams player. A little bit multidimensional. He can play in the slot, play outside. We thought he could increase our production.”

Already this season, Murphy has been with the Rams (preseason), Saints (first two regular season games) and now the Lions.

“Coming in here is a little bit different (of a system) but I’m pretty sure I can catch on and get the ball rolling here,” he said after Wednesday’s practice
Wouldn't image the Leo's scheme is that much different from Fisher's, right?

September 20th, 2012, 12:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
THIS should be interesting. I haven't really heard him in the booth yet, but I can imagine what he might have to say about our Leos

NFL Redzone flashed to the N.O. game a lot last week and Martz was in the booth for it. My buddy and I were both convinced that Martz was flat out DRUNK. He was slurring his words, made statements like Madden did the year before he retired, and generallly made me laugh hard without intending to. Im interested to see if he WAS drunk, of if thats just how he is now.

September 20th, 2012, 1:01 pm
1st Round Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:

NFL Redzone flashed to the N.O. game a lot last week and Martz was in the booth for it. My buddy and I were both convinced that Martz was flat out DRUNK. He was slurring his words, made statements like Madden did the year before he retired, and generallly made me laugh hard without intending to. Im interested to see if he WAS drunk, of if thats just how he is now.

:cheers:

September 20th, 2012, 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

Lions will figure a way to let them in the game, they're like Poppa Grande, six run leads are not safe.

September 20th, 2012, 4:23 pm
League MVP

Tennessee

Lions dont need to do much to win this game. It wont be that fun of a game to watch unless Locker starts turning it over because the Lions can win it easily with a conservative game plan. I expect a lot of short passes to Smith and WR screens to Burleson to get Stafford in rhythm. I hope to finally see Broyles play some as Scheffler is out. He will need to prove that he is a better mismatch than Scheffler. We ll see what the game plan is with LeShoure as well, he was late for his first practice after his suspension so who knows. Physically he looks ok which is huge bc of the terrible injury he had but I there seem to more issues with this guy that could affect playing time. Defensively we need to blow up there OL which shouldnt be a problem. Chris Johnson will make some guys miss but ultimately the Titans will have to throw in this game to have a chance and they ve shown up to this point that there QB isnt up to that task.

Lions 24
Titans 13

September 23rd, 2012, 8:59 am
Varsity Captain

I think this will be the game that the Lions finally put a full game together. Everyone is going to be scared of Detroit after this one.

September 23rd, 2012, 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next