HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Lions Vs. Tenessee?
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16069
Page 3 of 4

Author:  inheritedlionsfan [ September 23rd, 2012, 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

49ers wrote:
I think this will be the game that the Lions finally put a full game together. Everyone is going to be scared of Detroit after this one.



I think Stafford at least has to get his mojo working in this game. I still don't know what's been up with him this season. The Titans actually have pretty good players in the secondary but they haven't looked good. I'm also worried that this is the game the Titans o-line puts it together and the other CJ gets at least 100 yards. We should still win but this is a team we should dominate and that's what I'm looking for today. Also, I'm excited to see what LeShoure brings to the table in the regular season.

Author:  Growler [ September 23rd, 2012, 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

Is it too early to start talking about the draft? This team doesn't look like a playoff contender.
They looked like the same old Lions of years past.

Author:  hamma77 [ September 23rd, 2012, 4:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

why go for it lol

Author:  UK Lion [ September 23rd, 2012, 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

WTF?

There were 4 better opportunities to go for it in regular time when we settled for FG attempts. NOW we get aggressive?

Author:  aManNamedSuh [ September 23rd, 2012, 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

did they have to go for it on that 4th down?

Author:  Killwill25 [ September 23rd, 2012, 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

gut wrenching loss.

Author:  Killwill25 [ September 23rd, 2012, 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

i hate to say it but i think joe staley was right about our D-line

Author:  fekko2 [ September 23rd, 2012, 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.

Author:  The Legend [ September 23rd, 2012, 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

fekko2 wrote:
The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.


Young played a fair amount, wasnt as good as KVB. they are playing less aggressive wide 9 and doing better stopping the run. they are getting burned less on the screens and delayed runs in exchange but they arent getting the pressures. its a tradeoff until they learn to read blocks/plays better which they apparently didnt do much of last season.

pettigrew is a jack a..

Author:  kdsberman [ September 23rd, 2012, 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

The Legend wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The D line applied no pressure today. One of the worst games I've seen them have in long while. I like that they moved Suh around at least a few times, but I think they need changes. Less Wide 9 and they really need to try moving W. Young into Vanderbosh's spot. Bring him off the bench now. And it's quite obvious what we have in the secondary when we are not getting pressure. We sucked in so many phases today...can we finally call Pettigrew a bust now? He's got to be leading the league in drops.


Young played a fair amount, wasnt as good as KVB. they are playing less aggressive wide 9 and doing better stopping the run. they are getting burned less on the screens and delayed runs in exchange but they arent getting the pressures. its a tradeoff until they learn to read blocks/plays better which they apparently didnt do much of last season.

pettigrew is a jack a..


Agree. Especially the Pettigrew part.

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ September 23rd, 2012, 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

Run D is pretty solid. It's those 10 yard passes I worry about. It's almost like I don't want us to back them up on 1st and 2nd down because that means there's a burn coming. :cry:

Author:  fekko2 [ September 23rd, 2012, 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

Like all of you, I'm just so pissed off at them today. We really didn't deserve to even have an overtime shot at this one. I feel like I was watching the "Old" Lions, not what I thought were my new Lions. Even with all the penalties last year, I felt like we had turned the corner. Like we had a new identity. This feels like we put it in reverse and checked out the old familiar places as we backed up into the handicapped parking spot!

The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.

Author:  Lions2SB2 [ September 23rd, 2012, 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?

Author:  LionsAllDay [ September 25th, 2012, 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?


Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.

Author:  Lions2SB2 [ September 25th, 2012, 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lions Vs. Tenessee?

Shotty wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
fekko2 wrote:
The coaching is what really concerns me the most this year. I haven't liked our game plans or our play calling at all. I though we were good here...now i'm not so sure.


We look average at best, pretty much playoff hope is gone already. It's sad that by week 3 I have lost faith in playoffs. :?


Are you serious? We're 1 game behind the division leader, and can take the division crown this week.


This team if we play like we have, there is no way in hell we could play with Bears, Packers, hell Vikings looked good. I guess I should say I haven't lost faith in them yet, but I can say this they have to play A LOT better.

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/