View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Eagles 
All State

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Eagles
Pablo wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Eagles defensive coordinator Castillo fired after 4th qtr/OT meltdown against Lions.

It was a matter of time for him.

True, was won of the strangest hires of all time. I mean the guy hadn't coached on the defensive side of the ball since Regan was president and they made him DC. #-o

Terrible move! Reminds me entirely of our most infamous year. The minute they let Martz go and promoted Colletto I was afraid. He tried to take what was left of Martz's offense and make plays with crayons. Why would you promote the position coach of a unit that was doing a poor job before then?! Between this and letting Shaun Rodgers go (lazy fat bastard or not he helped that Defense) I had a very bad feeling about that season before it even began.....

October 17th, 2012, 1:22 am
QB Coach

I think the Eagles should have done this at the end of last season. The reality is promoting a guy who has never coached defense at the professional level to D-coordinator was a stupid, stupid move. But then again, it is Andy Reid we're talking about. He'll be the next coach fired in Philly. This is his last season there. The fans have had enough and Jeff Laurie will have to make a move if he wants to keep the fans on his side. I lived in Philly for the past year and I can tell you that most fans there are insanely pissed. Then again, they kind of always are, but it's especially pronounced regarding Castillo and Reid.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 17th, 2012, 2:39 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I think the Eagles should have done this at the end of last season. The reality is promoting a guy who has never coached defense at the professional level to D-coordinator was a stupid, stupid move. But then again, it is Andy Reid we're talking about. He'll be the next coach fired in Philly. This is his last season there. The fans have had enough and Jeff Laurie will have to make a move if he wants to keep the fans on his side. I lived in Philly for the past year and I can tell you that most fans there are insanely pissed. Then again, they kind of always are, but it's especially pronounced regarding Castillo and Reid.

One year isn't enough to really gasp it. I've been in Jersey forever and they're always pissed unless they win it all. Then they're insufferable blowhards.

October 17th, 2012, 7:31 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The funny thing is the defense has been one of the better defenses over the last few seasons. Despite the fact that the TO factory Michael Vick has continuously put them on the field.

The real problem lies in Andy's stubborness to want to throw, throw, throw despite having one of the better RBs in the league, as well as other problems with the offense. The O-line is horrible and are asked to protect an aging QB that has been and always will be a runner with poor progression, inability to consistantly read a defense and make the hot read, and poor route running smaller WRs that rely completely on their speed to get open.

Don't get me wrong hiring an O-line coach to be the DC was a horrible idea but it isn't their biggest problem. Reid and Vick are both likely gone at the end of the season or at least should be.

October 17th, 2012, 7:53 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
njroar wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

One year isn't enough to really gasp it. I've been in Jersey forever and they're always pissed unless they win it all. Then they're insufferable blowhards.

There fans have way to high of expectations.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 17th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Did you know that Nate was fined for his TD celebration? WTH? :confused:
PFT wrote:
Nate Burleson says he won’t stop after NFL fines him for celebrating
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2012, 6:13 AM EDT

Lions receiver Nate Burleson was fined $10,000 for his touchdown celebration against the Eagles on Sunday, but he says he plans to keep on celebrating, and he’s already thinking about what he’ll do on Monday night against the Bears.

“I’ll have something for Chicago,” Burleson told the Detroit Free Press. “I’m not going to stop celebrating.”

After Burleson scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter on Sunday, he first started flapping his arms, then made a motion as if he were shooting a rifle, as if to say he was hunting eagles. Burleson said the NFL told him his fine was because the celebration was a “violent action toward another team.” Burleson said he has seen other players mimic shooting guns in celebration, and he doesn’t think his celebration was promoting violence.

“It could have been a Super Soaker,” he said.

Whatever it was, if Burleson won’t stop, apparently losing $10,000 to celebrate a touchdown is worth it to him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lebrating/
No Fun League indeed

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 19th, 2012, 9:32 am
RIP Killer

Scheff needs to score more TDs for us, he has the best celebrations...

October 19th, 2012, 10:12 am
Profile WWW
All State

Pablo wrote:
Scheff needs to score more TDs for us, he has the best celebrations...

His are the best. Did anyone else notice the Eagle to Chicken celebration he had in the game?

October 19th, 2012, 10:26 am
Heisman Winner

I loved that they used Reiff in power formations. That is what we need to run the ball, and that is what all good running teams use. Watch the 49ers or Ravens they use alot of lineman and a fullback and just stuff it right through you. The Lions obviously don't have the personnel that those teams do but using Reiff surely helps.

October 19th, 2012, 6:57 pm
1st Round Pick

TheRealWags wrote:

Got a video of the celebration, can't remember what he did.

October 20th, 2012, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

TheRealWags wrote:
PFT wrote:
Nate Burleson says he won’t stop after NFL fines him for celebrating
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2012, 6:13 AM EDT

Lions receiver Nate Burleson was fined $10,000 for his touchdown celebration against the Eagles on Sunday, but he says he plans to keep on celebrating, and he’s already thinking about what he’ll do on Monday night against the Bears.

“I’ll have something for Chicago,” Burleson told the Detroit Free Press. “I’m not going to stop celebrating.”

After Burleson scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter on Sunday, he first started flapping his arms, then made a motion as if he were shooting a rifle, as if to say he was hunting eagles. Burleson said the NFL told him his fine was because the celebration was a “violent action toward another team.” Burleson said he has seen other players mimic shooting guns in celebration, and he doesn’t think his celebration was promoting violence.

“It could have been a Super Soaker,” he said.

Whatever it was, if Burleson won’t stop, apparently losing $10,000 to celebrate a touchdown is worth it to him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lebrating/
No Fun League indeed

Wow. Phuck that.

October 20th, 2012, 7:38 pm
Position Coach

Quote:
Burleson said the NFL told him his fine was because the celebration was a “violent action toward another team.”

Ya, cuz chop-blocking or running into an opponent at full speed is not a violent action :roll:

October 20th, 2012, 9:48 pm
1st Round Pick

Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:
Burleson said the NFL told him his fine was because the celebration was a “violent action toward another team.”

Ya, cuz chop-blocking or running into an opponent at full speed is not a violent action :roll:

I guess we can't hunt anymore, I was so excited this year. :(

October 20th, 2012, 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Quote:

I guess we can't hunt anymore, I was so excited this year. :(

Actually, Ill be heading out in about 5 minutes.. :D

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 21st, 2012, 6:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5