View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Time to play Kevin Smith? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Time to play Kevin Smith?
Leshoure and Bell are OK but I get the impression that Kevin Smith takes more pride in his job than either of them. Mikel is quickly proving that a pure idioit off the field will be an idiot during games. What has Leshoure done in his young career that has been positive for this team? 2 crucial fumbles out of 4 games he's played in. He still should start but should Kevin Smith start getting atleast 10 carries per game?

This is pretty serious, we might be/need to be in the market for new RBs.

October 23rd, 2012, 1:38 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Time to play Kevin Smith?
I agree that he should play, but I think LeShoure should definitely be starting still.

I also think RB is the least of the Lions problems.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 23rd, 2012, 2:02 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Killwill25 wrote:
Leshoure and Bell are OK but I get the impression that Kevin Smith takes more pride in his job than either of them. Mikel is quickly proving that a pure idioit off the field will be an idiot during games. What has Leshoure done in his young career that has been positive for this team? 2 crucial fumbles out of 4 games he's played in. He still should start but should Kevin Smith start getting atleast 10 carries per game?

This is pretty serious, we might be/need to be in the market for new RBs.

I think Smith should be playing ahead of Bell with a pretty even split with LeShoure. Smith and LeShoure would complement each other well. Bell's coughed it up in the preseason and this last one at the goalline was a dumb dumb play by him. I like Bells overall effort but I dont think he is better than Smith.

As for your second statement - I doubt the Lions are in the market but the Panthers just fired there GM so you have to wonder if they will try to trade one or two of there three expensive runners, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart or Mike Tolbert.

October 23rd, 2012, 3:01 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The Lions didn't have a running game with Kevin Smith, so why bring him back as the number 1 guy? He isn't the answer, even if you personally happen to like him more than the other backs.

October 24th, 2012, 12:17 am
QB Coach

I don't understand all the freaking out about the running game after this week. This was the best rushing week in a while. They ran 18 rushes, averaging 5.5 yds/play. Only 1 rushing play went for negative yards, and it was -1. I think they should have run the ball more, because it was clearly working. That comes down to play calling though, not personnel. Also, how many times did Stafford check out of a run into a pass? We don't know.

The reality is this team is built more around the passing game than the running game, but Leshoure looks like he's going to be a good back. Not a breakaway top speed guy, but a solid starter who will get you a respectable run game. With the passing attack that this team should have, that's really all they need. No need for panic right now. The rushing attack is as good as it's been in a while. If Staff and CJ get on track, the offense would be humming right along.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 24th, 2012, 1:28 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Blueskies wrote:
The Lions didn't have a running game with Kevin Smith, so why bring him back as the number 1 guy? He isn't the answer, even if you personally happen to like him more than the other backs.

I said in the post "HE(mikel) SHOULD STILL START" but should smith get atleast 10 carries a game.

October 24th, 2012, 1:37 am
Rookie Player of the Year

I think it's pretty obvious we're going to bring in a speedster in the offseason, either through FA or the draft. K. Smith is a great guy, but he's sort of meh as a runner. J. Bell was in the top 5 as far as RB receiving yards go--that's why he was getting the nod.

October 24th, 2012, 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]